Wht is the best bosskiller at the moment?

Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:to be fair, the 120 ubers are a significant jump in difficulty (dps checking) compared to 115's, so people using that as a threshold isn't such a bad thing because that's generally the point people have to gear up more.

Yes good point, perhaps the dividing line (the point where "good boss killer" starts to become important) is at the 120s rather than after it.
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
NotCube wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:I think the fact that this question even needs to be asked just shows how unbalanced the mod is. Like, do the "devs" (we''ll call them that) even play this game?

It's a question that is frequently asked in every single arpg ever existed, simply because people want fast results for little time investment, regardless of balancing.

It has everything to do with balancing. Go do hell baal with trap rat, then after you give up go do it on anything else.
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
BagboyBrown wrote:
NotCube wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:I think the fact that this question even needs to be asked just shows how unbalanced the mod is. Like, do the "devs" (we''ll call them that) even play this game?

It's a question that is frequently asked in every single arpg ever existed, simply because people want fast results for little time investment, regardless of balancing.

It has everything to do with balancing. Go do hell baal with trap rat, then after you give up go do it on anything else.

Jesus Christ, you are still salty about a character from more than a year ago? Get over it.
As for defeating Baal, it's a matter of learning the mechanics. He has a chance to summon mobs each time he hits you. So, if you are careful, you can defeat him without him ever summoning a boss. Done that multiple times. I mean... once you know this info, how do you even lose as a ranged character like trap rat?
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
adiabloplayer wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:
NotCube wrote:

Jesus Christ, you are still salty about a character from more than a year ago? Get over it.
As for defeating Baal, it's a matter of learning the mechanics. He has a chance to summon mobs each time he hits you. So, if you are careful, you can defeat him without him ever summoning a boss. Done that multiple times. I mean... once you know this info, how do you even lose as a ranged character like trap rat?

.........What? Obviously you've never played it. Probably because it's so bad.
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
BagboyBrown wrote:
adiabloplayer wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:
NotCube wrote:

I have done all ubers upto level 130 on multiple characters in multiple seasons. I have never died to Baal on a ranged character after my first one which is when I figured out Baal's mechanics. And yes. I have played trap rat to level 138.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Bliyadolubov wrote:
GregMXL wrote:
NotCube wrote:

:thumb:

I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.

What does even mean that quote? Is it from death/heavy metal band - DEATH?

Yes
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
BagboyBrown wrote:
adiabloplayer wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:
NotCube wrote:

Maybe its you bad in game? Traprat thorn field is a strongest bosskiller weapon skill, but you need to make it work with proper gear
fobosollo
Thunder Beetle
50 | 2
Zular broad sin all the way imho.
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Bliyadolubov wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:
adiabloplayer wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:
NotCube wrote:

Maybe its you bad in game? Traprat thorn field is a strongest bosskiller weapon skill, but you need to make it work with proper gear

It's not about trap rat in particular. It's about any build (which I'm sure is most of them) that uses the same Lv 6 TUs until Lv 100+ and then starts to get grindy as you look for SUs that are only a minor upgrade so you can kill another boss. Up until Lv 100, progression is pretty fluid and feels great, actually. You find some TUs, upgrade them to 4, throw some trash gems in there or w/e you got and it goes pretty quick. By 100 however, you haven't made any kind of progression gear-wise for 60 levels, but the content keeps getting harder. It feels like the entire game evolves around having the "best" gear and even then you need to run the "best" class / build for X content, like... Why? What do you gain by not allowing certain builds to do clear certain content? This is a free mod. There's no monthly sub. There's nothing to gain by forcing players to beat their face against quov tsin for a week, only frustration. Maybe by 2.0 they'll have things figured out.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
the good example of that is summondin, but his summons cant do shit against quov tsin, kabraxis, astroga, labs. The funny thing that i have best summoner gear ever could be. I even made a 2017 median summodin version, the time when Crafts had double UMO, i had crafted best fucking gear, even a pala shield
with howling totem on it (it gives 500% damage boost to you and minions, i had a sleep charm for for summons (it gave you enchanted sntance radius, it makes so you can use barb stances from items with your minions, without it you cant, i had a weapon with WOLF stance, i buffed and summon stuff with crafted gear then changed to secondary weapon #wolf stance + howling totem = total x 800% multiply. Even had good crafted pala helm with rampagors (old beafy necro summons, the were good!!!) At my calculations scourges deal about 3000000 damage for a 1 hit in total, had 140000 AR, it should instakill bosses?! No, it still was SHIT