560 | 7
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
morphed wrote:
Uubie wrote:
morphed wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Finding out what is "too good" is just as important as finding out what is "too bad". If your build is good enough to be nerfed, then thanks for exposing it.

I dont agree with you , there are multiple builds that are God tier but since no one played them to its fullest potential they’re still in the game , and an op build means that you kill endgame bosses in a matter of seconds , all builds that got nerfed could do the bosses about 50% faster than regular builds , i wouldnt call that op but endgame build which is doing what it should do with the amount the time you invest in the character .

I played trinity beam din when it was popular. Killing kabraxis before he litterally spawned is a bit too much of the good thing. There obviously hasn't been found a build more broken than that yet. But I can tell you, there are atleast 2-3 builds just as good as trinitydin 1.5.

And with trinity not the dmg of the skill was the problem but the mechanic of stacking them while autoaiming its op , change the mechanic to point where you want to shoot and thats it becomes normal from op

So you want it to become an aiming skill? The direction you point, it fires?
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Uubie wrote:
morphed wrote:
Uubie wrote:
morphed wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Finding out what is "too good" is just as important as finding out what is "too bad". If your build is good enough to be nerfed, then thanks for exposing it.

I dont agree with you , there are multiple builds that are God tier but since no one played them to its fullest potential they’re still in the game , and an op build means that you kill endgame bosses in a matter of seconds , all builds that got nerfed could do the bosses about 50% faster than regular builds , i wouldnt call that op but endgame build which is doing what it should do with the amount the time you invest in the character .

I played trinity beam din when it was popular. Killing kabraxis before he litterally spawned is a bit too much of the good thing. There obviously hasn't been found a build more broken than that yet. But I can tell you, there are atleast 2-3 builds just as good as trinitydin 1.5.

And with trinity not the dmg of the skill was the problem but the mechanic of stacking them while autoaiming its op , change the mechanic to point where you want to shoot and thats it becomes normal from op

Exactly , that will be harder to play and not everyone will play this build since will no longer be the easiest and one of the fastest farming builds, widen the area it hits to compensate for farming
Uubie
Ice Clan
560 | 7
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
morphed wrote:
Uubie wrote:
morphed wrote:
Uubie wrote:
morphed wrote:

Exactly , that will be harder to play and not everyone will play this build since will no longer be the easiest and one of the fastest farming builds, widen the area it hits to compensate for farming

So you want it to be bloodstormzon, which is probably one of the fastest farmers, but as trinity beam?
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What i’m saying is that if a skill is Autoaiming , you no longer need skill to play it , you just walk and cast , this skill made possible to farm High tiers in Lab for people that would not reach there without it , i don’t see the comparison between trinity beam and bloodzon those are 2 different skills with different mechanics
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I think a build should be considered "op" and subsequently nerfed when it can clear all endgame content ridiculously easy and with minimal investment. I agree that a build that can clear endgame content real easy with VERY heavy investment (in gear and/or player skills) should NOT be considered OP nor be nerfed.
Uubie
Ice Clan
560 | 7
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
Diaco wrote:I think a build should be considered "op" and subsequently nerfed when it can clear all endgame content ridiculously easy and with minimal investment. I agree that a build that can clear endgame content real easy with VERY heavy investment (in gear and/or player skills) should NOT be considered OP nor be nerfed.

So Vikan clearing 11-12-13-14-15 without an hour is okay?
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:I think a build should be considered "op" and subsequently nerfed when it can clear all endgame content ridiculously easy and with minimal investment. I agree that a build that can clear endgame content real easy with VERY heavy investment (in gear and/or player skills) should NOT be considered OP nor be nerfed.

Heh, if it was like you say everyone will be happy but i guess its better to hide builds from now on .
Uubie
Ice Clan
560 | 7
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
:coolstorybob:
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Uubie wrote:

So Vikan clearing 11-12-13-14-15 without an hour is okay?

If your phrase was "all trinity beam players" instead of "Vikan" I'd say it's not okay. But one specific player with extreme endgame gear and amazing skills being able to complete endgame content easily is completely fine in my opinion. It's like that time someone beat Deimoss solo on a wolf druid using azurewrath and a ton of UMOs, while displaying incredible skills for the build. Why should that be nerfed? Otherwise things just become a race to see what build gets nerfed next, and also creates an incentive for extremely veteran players to avoid sharing their knowledge on the game, which is exactly why this thread exists.

Also, balancing endgame content around the most extreme gear and player skills basically alienates 99.99% of players from that content. If you balance around good players and great gear (non-extreme) then inevitably a very, very, very small group of players will have an easy time with it. This is completely fine by me and absolutely preferable over the first option
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
If you think something needs tweaking remember to post in the Bugs&Feedback thread. The more the details, the better.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca