Discuss Median XL!
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
this community in a nutshell, unfortunately. theres a big boy club, then theres everyone else.
turbo power
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I agree with morphed, i know he spends a lot of time to try some builds and he and t4v are maybe the first in scale of pro players in this server ;)
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
1- Devs always had access to savefiles because they are hosted on our server. If anything, notarmory made it just more convenient. Expecting developers to have blocked access to your savefile so someone can abuse exploits over multiple seasons, is rather nonsensical if you ask me. Any data considering our small dev/tester team is extremely valuable to us and is used for the greater good, we have no interest in targetting specific people and what they are doing. If anything, it's something we usually address after a season is over, i.e. you already "got away" with your "big brain" strat.

2- Mods having access has more room for debate, however, this was done so we can track auction/trade frauds & dupes much easier. Once again, it's a small compromise of your "character privacy" for a much greater good, and one that benefits the whole online community.

In a nutshell, it's like asking mods to stop doing all the valuable work to keep a dupe/fraud-less server just so a handful of people can exploit the economy. I don't see a great, if any, trade-off here.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:1- Devs always had access to savefiles because they are hosted on our server. If anything, notarmory made it just more convenient. Expecting developers to have blocked access to your savefile so someone can abuse exploits over multiple seasons, is rather nonsensical if you ask me. Any data considering our small dev/tester team is extremely valuable to us and is used for the greater good, we have no interest in targetting specific people and what they are doing. If anything, it's something we usually address after a season is over, i.e. you already "got away" with your "big brain" strat.

2- Mods having access has more room for debate, however, this was done so we can track auction/trade frauds & dupes much easier. Once again, it's a small compromise of your "character privacy" for a much greater good, and one that benefits the whole online community.

In a nutshell, it's like asking mods to stop doing all the valuable work to keep a dupe/fraud-less server just so a handful of people can exploit the economy. I don't see a great, if any, trade-off here.

Well , i dont mind devs and mods looking at my gear but there were times when people copied my build or t4v’s build without sharing anything there are clearly some leaks at the top , and we all know that if a duper knows what hes doing he will never be caught ...
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You need skill and knowledge to actually beat Deimoss/Samael. Having a good build is only part of the requirements. Give me a fully geared wolf druid and I will most likely fail at Fauztinville. Without experience and having the ''feel'' of the character, it is actually harder. Illusions break at this point.

I would actually be happy to have people trying to make my build to progress. Generic items that are actually considered very endgame (UMO's, Spirit Walker, Lunar Eclipse etc ... ) are already priced high anyway. Players already want them. They just don't know exactly what to do with them. (MO'ing and min-maxing stats)

The least of courtesy would imply to give credit where credit is due. If you really want to hide your experimentations, make another account and make sure nobody knows it is yours. Just writing here about it probably tripled the amount of armory consultations.
Edited by Johnny Impak 3 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
skill and knowledge in samael fight = get proper resist and spam your attack until they die. only other thing to be concerned is actually paying attention to what you're doing so you see an attack to dodge. It's not really a secret. Just takes a few attempts of actually doing it yourself to not panic and actually play the fight.

there's a massive disconnect in people commenting against this thread and morphed defending it because not enough people have even gone through the process of collecting gear for samael or labyrinth/deimoss. i'm not choosing either side, but morphed isn't wrong in that he works to gather and prepare the gear and then people can just quickly say "i need that, time to buy it". it's like writing a guide for a couple weeks that you didn't want to write.

this happens in any situation anyways, mxl or real life. people see the ones at the top, they study/copy and try to re-create.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:Well , i dont mind devs and mods looking at my gear but there were times when people copied my build or t4v’s build without sharing anything there are clearly some leaks at the top , and we all know that if a duper knows what hes doing he will never be caught ...

Well it's difficult to keep track of what was leaked or guessed, but we do expect discretion. Then again, armory access for them was never added so they could have fun stalking strats, but rather for surveillance that everything is ok and to solve trading controversies - the rest is just a side effect / "reward" for this.

Regarding the dupe statement, that is no longer true. We already built a massive anti-dupe system, and while the action of duping can never be completely fixed (people always find new methods), the account will be immediately red-flagged and locked. Before we got this system in place, there was a major duping crysis around 1.3 while armory was rather fresh, and it was very well contained thanks to mods being able to backtrack and inspect hidden armories (and the reason they were given that power). Considering the severe effects duping can have on the server economy and how probably many people didn't even realise there was duping going on, I think this is a testament to the system working the best this way.

While dupes are mostly gone now, there's still very frequent auction/TG issues, where in many cases one needs to look up which character holds the item in question. I think if we were to ask the average player if they'd rather have a quick responsive mod team to solve trade issues or have a tiny amount of extra privacy (which in some cases, not specifically yours, would be used to harm) I think they'd vote the first.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Took me 20 ish attempts, trying to scavenge information about Samael fight, adjusting resistance and gear. In the end I couldn't kill it. Brought him to half health with a Poison Avatar druid like 3 seasons ago. I could have switched to bear, but I wanted to see where it could go without UMO's and respec. Got my answer

By skill I mean here managing your buffs, dodging stuff and as you said, spamming skills. Sounds easy, but it ain't until you get familiar with the fight itself. I am not a pro player by any means.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions

stockers
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Vikan being stalked and I'm not in the list...