Median Xl VC_redist install issue.

Discuss Median XL!
tbode
Skeleton
2 | 0
Solved. Thank you to Yeahsper and Convee. If a mod sees this they can delete.
Edited by tbode 3 years.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It literally says what the problem is, "Another version of this product is already installed. INstallation of this version cannot continue..."
tbode
Skeleton
2 | 0
Solved
Edited by tbode 3 years.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tbode wrote:
Yeahsper wrote:It literally says what the problem is, "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue..."

I can't tell if you're being funny or not, so ill respond seriously. I'm not super tech savvy, so maybe I'm having a "explain like I'm 5 moment". I'm not quite sure what vc_redist is, except that I expect it to be a "lootfilter." and if all it is is a lootfilter to a micro gaming community, how can I have it installed if I've never installed it before? I've been playing medianxl for not 2 days yet. What tis the program called after installation if not VC_Redist. Could i have installed this same program for another game? there's no program on either of my drives with the name, so I really don't see how I can have the program installed, when it shows up nowhere, for a game, i literally just installed for the first time.

You will need some kind of VC_distributable for most C-based programs nowadays, it usually also comes pre-installed with Windows nowadays, so yes, you do most likely already have it. Can't you run D2stats, or when do it prompt you to install it?

And no, im not being funny, with the information you gave us, what else could I know what you had done? If it gives you a clear error, the fault is most likely what it says in the error.