Official Softcore Rotation Tournament thread

Discuss Median XL!
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
Introduction

This is it! The Softcore Rotation Tournament goes live Monday, October 26, 2020 at noon Pacific time. I did this for Zy-El several years back and it was fun, though I myself didn't get to participate as much as I would've liked due to real life. On to the rules...

Rules

This tournament will take place on TSW. When participants create the game, set it so no other players can join and clearly mark it as a tournament game.
Participants must start with an untwinked amazon, play it until it dies, then move on to the Assassin. When the assassin dies, move to the Necro. After every death, continue rotating through each class.
There will be no character twinking allowed during the tournament. What each individual character finds during the course of gameplay is what you can use.
Entries will be submitted in this topic. Please submit all 7 character names you plan on using. Admins, if you have any other rule suggestions, feel free to PM me and I'll edit this post. As I said earlier, the tournament goes live Monday, October 26th at 12:00 PM Pacific Time. There is no deadline to enter. Just post your entry in this topic. Tournament will end when there has been no activity in this thread for 60 days.
Participants must update at least once daily with a new post. Admins, please don't complain about multiple consecutive posts in this thread. I doubt it wi happen if there are enough participants, but you never know.

Scoring

Each character starts with 10 points. Each death will result in a .001 deduction from that score. Maximum score will be 70, but I doubt anybody is going to hit that... Game over will be either when your score drops to 0 or all 7 characters have completed either Hell Ba'al or the final Hell uberlevel, admin suggestion welcome there.

Prizes

Subject to admin approval, since I'm too much of a noob to have anything to give away.

1st Prize: 500 TG
2nd Prize: 250 TG
3rd Prize: 100 TG

Other information

I love screenshots. I also love hearing about participants' journeys through the game during the tournament. Feel free to post plenty of both. I know I will. For screenshots, don't be shy, fer cryin' out loud! In other words, don't just post superpowerful OMFG items. If it looks even remotely cool or funny or what have you, I wanna see it.

Just so you know what an entry should look like, here's mine

Amazon: Colonel Carter - 0 Deaths - 10.000 points
Assassin: Teyla - 0 Deaths - 10.000 points
Necromancer: ColonelONeill - 0 Deaths - 10.000 points
Barbarian:RononDex - 0 Deaths - 10.000 points
Paladin: TealC - 0 Deaths - 10.000 points
Sorceress: JanetFraiser - 0 Deaths - 10.000 points
Druid: DanielJackson - 0 Deaths - 10.000 points

Total: 0 Deaths, 70.000 points

Edit: Tournament delayed. Need to get D2 first
Edited by timmermac 3 years.
ApolloNine
Bone Archer
77 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This is a stupid idea
Edited by ApolloNine 3 years.
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
Thanks awfully for your input. Mind elaborating, or are you just generally bashing an attempt to have some fun?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ApolloNine wrote:This is a stupid idea

I guess someone should remind him about hardcore ladder.

also a tourname that offers tg as reward, but host of tournament has zero tg. too suspicious, no ty
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
That's why I put subject to admin approval for the prizes.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
timmermac wrote:That's why I put subject to admin approval for the prizes.

Why would you subject to admin approval?

Just buy TG and send the TG to the potential winners.
acekard
Acid Prince
49 | 4
so you want admins to sponsor your "tournament"? I'm afraid it doesn't work this way. You want a party - you cover the expenses.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Also, "official" in the tournament name, there is "nothing" official about this, the game doesnt host it, there is no big host, it's just a no-name tournament, so Unofficial would suit it better. I also don't understand why you are talking about the admins so much.

Admins, if you have any other rule suggestions, feel free to PM me and I'll edit this post

As long as you don't break any rules, why would Admins set the rules on YOUR tournament?

Admins, please don't complain about multiple consecutive posts in this thread. I doubt it wi happen if there are enough participants, but you never know.

Oh right, telling admins to ignore their own rules.

Subject to admin approval, since I'm too much of a noob to have anything to give away.

Pay for your own tournament, why would admins do that?

admin suggestion welcome there.

Why all the talk about the admins, why can't those who are interested in a tourny, aka the players have anything to say? Why can't they contribute to the prize pool, suggestions, scoring etc?
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
Hmm... Did I mention I'm a noob? Yes, I do believe I did.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Pinball has decided to sponsor this tournament. You can PM him on Discord. His username is Pinball#0235.

Edited by Wulf 3 years.