single player

Discuss Median XL!
Alone1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
which build / class would be good enough for a solo pass of majority of the game content?
that includes running places like dunc/fauzt and doing bosses/charms

I have only ever tried Maelstorm sin, Bowzon and Warcry barb which were all quite good in a high density areas but they struggled quite a lot on the charm farming.

Any class that can do all more or less effectively?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Assassin can do everything, just stick with it.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Maelstrom assassin is very strong, but not because it does insane damage, but because it is very safe. The huge avoid (and free block) makes it very forgiving to play, once you get used to the playstyle.
Alone1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
Jampula wrote:Assassin can do everything, just stick with it.

Maelstorm or Nagi? Or something else?

Istaryu wrote:Maelstrom assassin is very strong, but not because it does insane damage, but because it is very safe. The huge avoid (and free block) makes it very forgiving to play, once you get used to the playstyle.

I see. I have only tried her to a certain point, which was online gameplay up to lvl 125 and some dunc runs. Haven't done more than that. I donated everything I had and left before I had chance to finish her completely and try more game content.
So you reckon she's alright for 105/110/115 bosses ?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
If you want a boss farmer respecc that warcry barb into snake bite. One of the best and cheapest boss farmers out there
Alone1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
Diaco wrote:If you want a boss farmer respecc that warcry barb into snake bite. One of the best and cheapest boss farmers out there

I want to start fresh, on singleplayer
I want char that can possibly do both
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
UHM Vesseldin is still my favourite .... he can go really lazy and also do ubers ... but i am bad with ubers 125+ in general
Nec summoner is not bad too

i only play sp
Edited by nobrainnopain 3 years.
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Just remember on single player you don't have trades. It will be harder for certain builds that need that BiS item to be effective.
mikkooo
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
I would recommend cold sorc or unoholy melee paladin.
Alone1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
Shovelspoon wrote:Just remember on single player you don't have trades. It will be harder for certain builds that need that BiS item to be effective.

yeah that's my major concern.
at the moment I'm only playing vanilla diablo2 in singleplayer, but playing Players8 Hardcore.
So I know what "no trade" means, and farming the shit out of the area.

I just wanted to get a rough idea of a character that is actually able to finish all, or majority of game's content :D

mikkooo wrote:I would recommend cold sorc or unoholy melee paladin.

Haven't tried or seen a cold sorc further than cow level.
How good is it in terms of fauzt clearspeed, and bosses?