Discuss Median XL!
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ive had it ! Does everyone know Why ”season is dead” after two weeks ? Tg ruins the game !
There is NO in game trades..

This is just my point of view But i remember when there was much more activity in games and people who would spend time to have auctions in game and that Also benefits more due to tg makes people overprice and think that their stuff are somewhat inperior to others.

This is just how i see it.. and if tg would be shut off there would be longer more active seasons, more even amongst players and No one sitting with 120000 tg just buy all super gear from 5-10 lucky players who find sssu’s then farm charms and sell them ocerprice.

Hate all you want But this is as Said , how i see it !
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
It wouldn't matter if your play self-found and/or with friends.
And yes TG has been ruining the game for quite some time now.
There is no real plan behind it, just reel in the money from new suckers, while the veteran people pile on TG and buying out early access gear, farm the harder charms early on, selling them for big profits and the pile grows bigger and bigger. Leads to new season with less people to play, less people to pay.
I don't know, maybe I am wrong, maybe we are all wrong.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wotan wrote:It wouldn't matter if your play self-found and/or with friends.
And yes TG has been ruining the game for quite some time now.
There is no real plan behind it, just reel in the money from new suckers, while the veteran people pile on TG and buying out early access gear, farm the harder charms early on, selling them for big profits and the pile grows bigger and bigger. Leads to new season with less people to play, less people to pay.
I don't know, maybe I am wrong, maybe we are all wrong.

No this is the actual problem . We need a fix ! So the game can be lucrative again !
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
But how cool was the old trade on battle.net? We talked and knew each other, a world that with money has become cold, insipid, empty ... I revive the old trade object by object
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Sure, old school item for item is best, but TG has its use. Imagine I have an item you want, but you don't have items I want. Then the trade is impossible unless you find someone who wants your items for an item I want and so on and so on. TG helps you skip that part. Trust me TG isn't bad and the idea behind it is good and noble. The money from TG helps paying for domains and keep the servers up and running. What is bad is how its been managed.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
TG is a necessary evil to keep the online servers running and for development to continue, since its their only source of income.

One way to make it more fitting would be to reset the TG for each new ladder, just have ladder TG and non-ladder TG, but then people with thousands of TG will most likely whine, even tho it might be better overall. But we can't really speculate anything, because we dont have the stats on how much TG is bought/spent, if they would get more or less donations every ladder.

TG is (can) be fine, you can see it as a currency, the problem lies when people have a shit load of currency each ladder reset before even creating the first character.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeahsper wrote:TG is a necessary evil to keep the online servers running and for development to continue, since its their only source of income.

One way to make it more fitting would be to reset the TG for each new ladder, just have ladder TG and non-ladder TG, but then people with thousands of TG will most likely whine, even tho it might be better overall. But we can't really speculate anything, because we dont have the stats on how much TG is bought/spent, if they would get more or less donations every ladder.

TG is (can) be fine, you can see it as a currency, the problem lies when people have a shit load of currency each ladder reset before even creating the first character.

This i can relate to. Maybe this would be an idea for making it more of a game again. It cant be fun sitting on 30k tg and buy yourself thru the game. I cant see it as an challange. And Also to in differentials amongst players each laddar is not based on player knowledge, experience But the amount of items, tg you have/and or can get the Fastest possible way. I hope developers see this as a possibility to make change not as direct critics
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
I wouldn't mind if tg would be reset each ladder. Fresh and equal chances start in the beginning of the season for everyone is a great idea. People with 0tg can't compete with those who have xxxx in term of speed farm, cuz all bis items go to tg'ers. I mean, its ok, but for me start season should be fresh for everyone and without any tg aids. Another issue is that the season actually ends before it officially ends because everyone sell their char and all items for collecting tg to the next ladder. It's kinda insane you can earn thousands of tg one season, stop playing and back in some future ladder when the prices are totally different when they used to be earlier and suddenly you become a millionaire.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Most ideas relating to tg removal are unrealistic or incredibly biased. I've been in your shoes and agree that tg kills the game to a degree, but none of us can offer even a somewhat concrete solution without too much consequence. Here's one important flaw in some of the reasonings: If you think about "resetting tg" implying everyone starts at 0 tg, then nobody will have any tg to trade with, because nobody has tg (duh).

One solution that I came up with a long time ago was having tg only function after the first week of ladder (7 days). In theory it works, right? No pay to win shenanigans for the first week and everyone lived happily ever after? After I proposed this idea, other people were able to identify several flaws one of which was: "What if people hold their expensive items so they can trade it after 1 week?". Just like that the idea was put in the dumpster. How about 2 weeks then? The same problem exists for sure but to a much less degree favored towards tg considering that people who want to progress during the first 2 weeks would definitely not hold their expensive items for tg and would most likely rather trade it off for something they need. This idea for sure works but I predict the loss of donations would be very apparent in comparison. It's really really bad for developers to be losing donations for tg and I know most of you are thinking along the lines of "oh we'll just donate some money to them to offset those loses lol!1" but a band-aid solution is exactly as implied and will only be temporary. I can't think of a concrete solution for devs let alone tg appreciators without too much loss.

A sacrifice has to be made. Somebody has to lose. Right now the losers are people who trade but don't want tg to dominate the economy (which it has been since the introduction of tg). Personally, I'm on the side of the losers and would appreciate some love for once but I don't condone the loss of dev assets for an already dead game until 2.0.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Most people donate for TG, not out of the kindness of their hearts. You start restricting the usage of TG and I believe you'll see less donations. Not sure if I'd have to elaborate why less money for a project is a bad thing for the owners.