When are barrels being fixed??

Discuss Median XL!
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Duncraig is flagged as "Hard" for you know ... reasons.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
For me Duncraig is like a training camp for harder rifts and dungeons. You train your dodging game style, reflex and anticipation for some new situations. Yes, I agree they hit hard, but personally I never go to duncraig at fresh 120. Keep farming Kurast3000, and get some attr. points first. I don't think that they should nerf the barrels. They did before and they reduced the quantity too.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seems like most people here are missing the actual complaint.

It isn't the damage the barrels do, it has to do with barrels landing offscreen not being rendered for the player. You get hit with a barrel that you literally have no indication that it exists until you get hit with it.

It is a bug due to engine limitations and one that will probably never be fixed (it applies to more than just barrels).

The idea of "nerfing them", which they already have been, is just a bandaid and the same issue will continue to pop up. A better argument would be for some type of rework to the barrels and actual suggestions that would improve gameplay in Duncraig.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Believe it or not if you play a while in there you can avoid invisible barrels coz you’ll learn when they actually cast the barrels without seeing them .
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Barrels have already get nerfed in sigma... it used to be insta kill everytime... now you can survive them
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Never backtrack and keep your fingers on teleport in case it spawns offscreen. Some movement speed helps too.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I don't think i have ever seen an invisible barrel. Or maybe i just dodge them too by instict?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You can't dodge an invisible barrel. It just doesn't show on your screen if when its being thrown you were out of range so the graphics doesn't load for you. Not the barrel, nor the fuse animation. If you have never seen/died to one, you probably don't backtrack and/or skulk around and falling behind from the "group".
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Milkshake wrote:The offscreen invis barrels is still the most imbalanced thing in this game. Tired of not being able to play with my group past 120 because of them. Can you either fix them or replace them with something equally powerful (but not retardedly broken)?

You cannot "see" invisible barrels if you dont have friends, that is my hot fix.
nickler
Fallen
1 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
boozek wrote:
Milkshake wrote:The offscreen invis barrels is still the most imbalanced thing in this game. Tired of not being able to play with my group past 120 because of them. Can you either fix them or replace them with something equally powerful (but not retardedly broken)?

You cannot "see" invisible barrels if you dont have friends, that is my hot fix.

Playing solo significantly reduces the invisible barrel issues, but does not completely prevent it from happening. If you get close enough to a mob to make it throw a barrel but quickly backtrack, that barrel will never render.