Fast druid for new ladder! Or another class!

Discuss Median XL!
jmarr
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I plan to play with a fire druid on the ladder that starts on 08/01 (goblin), but I found that fire druid is not too fast for the initial farm (I have one at 110).
Are there any other druid builds that are easy and quick to farm k3k and duncraig?
I tried werewolf, but I can't keep the mana.
Or would it be better to have another build/class to start the farm and then create the druid when you already have the endgame items for the fire druid?
I have a motor coordination problem that prevents me from quickly changing skills, so I need one that is simpler (I have a sorcerer on the current ladder and wanted to switch classes / build!).
Thank you!
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
I don't understand the mana problem with werewolf. You have a skill which literally gives full mana after hitting a mob in 2 seconds.
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
jmarr wrote:I plan to play with a fire druid on the ladder that starts on 08/01 (goblin), but I found that fire druid is not too fast for the initial farm (I have one at 110).
Are there any other druid builds that are easy and quick to farm k3k and duncraig?
I tried werewolf, but I can't keep the mana.
Or would it be better to have another build/class to start the farm and then create the druid when you already have the endgame items for the fire druid?
I have a motor coordination problem that prevents me from quickly changing skills, so I need one that is simpler (I have a sorcerer on the current ladder and wanted to switch classes / build!).
Thank you!

For werewolf you can try having mana pulse on left click and harbinger on right click to see if that gets around the motor coordination issue. If not, maybe try out haunting banshee druid to see if it does more damage? The issue fire druid would have in K3K or duncraig is probably with Fire Absorb mobs so getting more fire pierce would be your solution. Farm Rha runes and see if that helps solve the issue.
Bow druid is another alternative but does require skill switching as you need to keep up steady aim to use the more powerful abilities like cascade/HS.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Poison druid is extremely fast leveling to hell mode with very little skill switching.
jmarr
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nemmate wrote:I don't understand the mana problem with werewolf. You have a skill which literally gives full mana after hitting a mob in 2 seconds.

The problem with the mana skill is that you need to use it every 3-4 seconds and when I use it, even though I'm on the left button, it takes time to attack again with harbinger and I die sometimes. Maybe it was because I was using TU.
I will try to change the buttons, use MO on all items and see how it goes.
jmarr
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Semigloss wrote:Poison druid is extremely fast leveling to hell mode with very little skill switching.

I didn't try to poison, I tried to find a guide but I didn't, so I thought maybe it wasn't good.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bear druid is quite fast, but you do hit a brick wall at 120 Ubers if you don't manage to upgrade your gear beyond T4s
Zartok
Rust Claw
86 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bow druid is also pretty quick :) Require little item upgrades and has a good clearspeed with huge range. Only "drawback" is that u have to alternate between steadyshot and other spells
Kotli
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
jmarr wrote:
Semigloss wrote:Poison druid is extremely fast leveling to hell mode with very little skill switching.

I didn't try to poison, I tried to find a guide but I didn't, so I thought maybe it wasn't good.

The caster druid guide tell you to level as poison see viewtopic.php?f=40&t=43016

Sure it looks outdated but that because nothing really changed apart from the the skills being buffed and change of skill names.
jmarr
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:Bear druid is quite fast, but you do hit a brick wall at 120 Ubers if you don't manage to upgrade your gear beyond T4s

I was looking at rend bear, but I didn't understand how the skill works, whether it is physical, with lifeleech, or not.
It has a very old guide, but it is focused on fire. I was thinking about trying to yield, but I don't know if it works yet.
Can anyone tell me if with REND (bear) I can get at least one good clearspeed until I drop the set in k3k?