Javazon or something else?

Discuss Median XL!
Rickjamesyies
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Was trying to get some info on if javazon would be a favorable starter but so far I have not seen all that much on javazon, has anyone played one recently? I am trying to narrow down the starter options for the upcoming season and have narrowed it down to a few. javazon, Magic Missile (most likely) zon, totemancer or malice necro. This will be one of the first seasons in several years despite the amount of time I invest this time around.

tldr; looking for something that has starter suitable experience, smooth leveling push into late game and doesnt have any huge issues with skill swapping.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
If you want smooth and good experience avoid the two amazons you just quoted.
Necromancers are always a solid choice. Totemmancer and Summon and some of the easiest charaters to level with and get first charms.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Javazon is still pretty bad at bossing. Summon-necro is indeed a strong choice, he has the advantage of using Hawks and the Veil King against bosses compared to other summoners. And later great farmer too with Abyss Knights.
Rickjamesyies
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
You guys know much about if assassin has potential as a starter? Really wanted to check out javazon, but if its as bad as i am hearing it seems like id be better off not looking at it for a starter.
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45921#SypherygayAndMarcogay
Maelstorm throwsin is easy and cheap. MM-zon should not be too bad neither, just need to deal with <66% hp and/or 20s bloodbath with 30s cd - both of which can be used wisely together according to rumours.
Fricc
Abomination
147 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi,

For me Clawsin worked out in previous 2 ladders, Crucify into Noctule and then if you manage to get Witchunter set, you are good to do ubers up to 120 with relative ease.

Last ladder though I played a Nagisin after the buffs and it did work out better, however be ready for some skill switching if you choose to play one :).

You'll find an up-to-date guide for that in the guide section.

Cheers
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Last time I played a magic missile zon, it was a decent starter, but it was a few patches ago so maybe nerfs happened...it's high on the tier list, but I haven't tested it myself recently.

Like others have said before though, I can also strongly vouch for summoner necro, hawks wreck hard with very cheap gear, it's been true for quite some time now. Malice should be ok too, just not quite as easy to gear, but not hard either.

As for assassin, psionic storm is pretty good, I made one in 1.7 and it worked just fine, with no twinking or outside help. I'd recommend that if you're ok with a caster assassin, if you want a WDM-based build then throwsin is probably your best bet.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
I agree. Summoner and Malice necro are very fast for lvl-ing. If you prefer melee chars, I suggest Unholy melee paladin.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The leveling process isn't that hard, most of the time I don't have any items in most slots except for a weapon. You don't need an S tier starter to have fun.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
644 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I do vouch for this tier list suggestion thread for newer players.