Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Rishab wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Doesn't sigma get rid of merc costs?

Nope

How would you know if u never leave the basement and your Legos? :D
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Carefull now. You might trigger Marco into removing merc revival from game. Remember what happened to restat and honorific stuff. You might get some dropable item to revive merc in act 5 only.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Somnus wrote:
Rishab wrote:

Nope

How would you know if u never leave the basement and your Legos? :D

Somnus pls, dont derail the thread.

And as per how do i know, this was never announced, lulz
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Equip your merc better (or learn to live without) and don't die all the time, problem solved. You can drop some gold in town if you know you are propably gonna die or prepare some runed throwing weapons to stash.

Removing gold from the game would be just stupid.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Rishab wrote:

Nope

I must have confused that with the no corpse of the player feature.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
It was either Whist or Marco talking about ways to make mercs more tenable using the sigma engine, but to my knowledge, it was not a confirmed feature, just an idea.
superwash
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anonymous: wrote:Carefull now. You might trigger Marco into removing merc revival from game. Remember what happened to restat and honorific stuff. You might get some dropable item to revive merc in act 5 only

i like the new honor stuff. I mean I loved to cheese with low levels and craft Mos etc making them as strong as possible. I believe we needed that change.
I sure got tired of doing that to every new character I rolled after a decade of playing this.

"Equip your merc better (or learn to live without) and don't die all the time, problem solved. You can drop some gold in town if you know you are propably gonna die or prepare some runed throwing weapons to stash.
Removing gold from the game would be just stupid."

If you are not going to give any actual solutions, why bother posting your snarky unhelpful comment.
Gold outside now can get picked up by anyone who runs over it, thus losing my gold with I play with anyone(even my self if im not careful on how janky the autopickup is), the whole "slap a rune in a throwing weapon" has been fixed to the ground, how you have not noticed this is beyond me. If my merc dies on his own, then I work to improve him, I am not bitching that this game is too difficult. I also know my merc will not have a fun time in some of the more gamey ubers with crazy mechanics.

My problem is with the consistency. Gold is a punishment and not remotely enjoyable when you die. You cannot save any gold in your bank ever. We dont have PlugY online so stash space is sacred. Having to stop everything your doing, the momentum of the fun challenges, just to take a random ass waypoint to kill a couple monsters in hope the first item will be rare t6 armor that sells for 250k is so shitty, just to buy potions, let alone your merc.
The fact that any item dropped even in destro, can sell for 1000-500k is one thing I have a huge issue with.

One huge way everyone has always got around this is the throwing item rune trick. I do not mind that fix what so ever, but this just sucks.
My solution is to get rid of the gold penalty to your stash every time you die. This way high level characters wont have to stop everything they are doing just to afford basic supplies, while not breaking the system for the lower levels since you apply this change to specific difficulties.

Can anyone find anything wrong or game breaking hoarding a few million gold in your bank you earned yourself on your 120?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
yeah the gold penalty on death is annoying af
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
thumbs up for a gold penalty removal
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
gold lost on death that was stored in your chest in town is unnecessary. Although I do understand losing gold that was in your inventory on death (obviously). Hopefully removed one day via suggestions.