rainbow skill

Discuss Median XL!
Eternaldragon10
Bone Archer
70 | 0
some 1 tryed it to make a build around ore is the aoe to lees to be good?
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Honestly it's a pretty decent starter build and I've ran it to 130 before deciding to respec to my usual specs (wolf/fire). Anyways, so thoughts:

- Druid, Pala, or any class with actual spell damage passives are going to be best here. I'm partial to druid for their insane survivability, but that's just me.
- The skill does magic damage, but scales off your fire/cold/lightning spell damage (not phys/mag), and an equivalent malus for poison spell damage. +skills is the only other thing that helps damage; no scaling here off your stats!
- In terms of items; if an item has "+X% to spell damage, double X to get what you actually get on the item.
- The spell also has an annoying cooldown of 0.2 hardcoded into it; as a result you don't need *quite* as much fcr, but it helps.
- Just from a pure damage perspective: Honorifics can squeeze a total of 60% spell damage into the spell per slot; keep this in mind in considering other items for the slot.
- Unfortunately, you will not want runewords as those slots can't hold rainbow stones.
- Duncraig is nice to run, teganze a bit less, and triune is absolutely awful because the worst enemies there are all magic absorbs too. So recommended to respec if you want to run Triune more than once. Most good starters will be able to run one of these pretty well for hobo gear; this one runs dunc.

Anyways, just keep that in mind, and look through the documentation for good armor/jewelry. Just remember as long as you have 30%+ spell damage in an element, you will beat an honorific, but those are good starter points.
Robe of Steel
Robe of Steel
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (6692 - 7471) to (8202 - 9156)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 105
+(11 to 20)% Bonus to Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
+(21 to 30)% to Spell Damage
+(115 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength