Druid rant. Traprat. Respeccing. Done with druid. Unbalanced game. Switching to necromancer. Summoner.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I think you're taking summoner nec too lightly. Yes you can just Faceroll most easy Ubers. But some Ubers like fauzt really need a proper strategy, which I had to come up with on my own as well (or some other players helped me by giving me a good strategy already). It's no different from any other class. You mostly have to adjust your Playstyle in certain Ubers.

And tbh: if it weren't for the merc, summoner necromancer would suck as well. Just comparing numbers: with necro my summons (except VA) still do less than 1 k dmg each (not included the buffs from totems) whereas the sword spirits minions from sorc do 1,5k dmg on character lvl 35-40 alteady.

So pure summoner wouldn't be able to do most ubers. You really need a merc and buff her.

Concerning nec in general: he has too many classitems. I'd love to see that many choices with other classes as well. Nec has class specific wands, staves, crossbows, daggers, and scythes. Which other class has that many choices concerning Weapons?

I definitely think this patch right now is just a hint on what has to come. So of course it is not balanced. It's rather an experiment. Even sigma won't be 100% balanced in the first patch. It will take its time due to many many changes. More than ever before in any median patch. You can't balance it without proper, open testing phase. And you can't have that in a community as Small As this one.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:I think you're taking summoner nec too lightly. Yes you can just Faceroll most easy Ubers. But some Ubers like fauzt really need a proper strategy, which I had to come up with on my own as well (or some other players helped me by giving me a good strategy already). It's no different from any other class. You mostly have to adjust your Playstyle in certain Ubers.

And tbh: if it weren't for the merc, summoner necromancer would suck as well. Just comparing numbers: with necro my summons (except VA) still do less than 1 k dmg each (not included the buffs from totems) whereas the sword spirits minions from sorc do 1,5k dmg on character lvl 35-40 alteady.

So pure summoner wouldn't be able to do most ubers. You really need a merc and buff her.

Concerning nec in general: he has too many classitems. I'd love to see that many choices with other classes as well. Nec has class specific wands, staves, crossbows, daggers, and scythes. Which other class has that many choices concerning Weapons?

I definitely think this patch right now is just a hint on what has to come. So of course it is not balanced. It's rather an experiment. Even sigma won't be 100% balanced in the first patch. It will take its time due to many many changes. More than ever before in any median patch. You can't balance it without proper, open testing phase. And you can't have that in a community as Small As this one.

Also problem with balancing the game out there is community. There is as many balance ideas that there is players in the community. everyone has opinion to what is balanced and what is not.
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
HechtHeftig wrote:I think you're taking summoner nec too lightly. Yes you can just Faceroll most easy Ubers. But some Ubers like fauzt really need a proper strategy, which I had to come up with on my own as well (or some other players helped me by giving me a good strategy already). It's no different from any other class. You mostly have to adjust your Playstyle in certain Ubers.

You can just afk farm fautz so it really isn't a problem. Yes if you were going to play legit then yeah it's hard. You already have a working strategy so I wouldn't have to rage trying to come up with one on my own. I'm happy with the dark summoning method. We only need 1 ghal rune anyways right?

Also not to be completely negative but it's the truth: The community would be bigger if the game was easier. A lot of people try MXL then just quit out of frustration which I did once myself.

EDIT: Want a balance idea? Reduce the number of purifys needed to kill all purify bosses. Bojac went on a huge rant talking about how all the gear you farm is only useful for TA and fautz since the hardest ubers are purify ubers. He talked about how
Natasha's Legacy (Xis)
is one of the best armors in the game but it doesn't mean anything when it comes to purify ubers. He said you're basically just gearing to clear ta and fautz easier/faster. It isn't a character balance idea but a overall balance idea.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fkfhnis wrote:

You can just afk farm fautz so it really isn't a problem. Yes if you were going to play legit then yeah it's hard. You already have a working strategy so I wouldn't have to rage trying to come up with one on my own. I'm happy with the dark summoning method. We only need 1 ghal rune anyways right?

Also not to be completely negative but it's the truth: The community would be bigger if the game was easier. A lot of people try MXL then just quit out of frustration which I did once myself.

EDIT: Want a balance idea? Reduce the number of purifys needed to kill all purify bosses. Bojac went on a huge rant talking about how all the gear you farm is only useful for TA and fautz since the hardest ubers are purify ubers. He talked about how
Natasha's Legacy (Xis)
is one of the best armors in the game but it doesn't mean anything when it comes to purify ubers. He said you're basically just gearing to clear ta and fautz easier/faster. It isn't a character balance idea but a overall balance idea.

even in normal diablo there wasnt any point of farming gear since you just did it to do cs and baal even faster than before? same goes in here. purify bosses needs gear adjustment , stat adjustment , strategy to kill. there is nothing unbalanced in that in my opinion. yes community would be much bigger if game was easier but it wasnt meant to be that easy :D also would we have such healthy community if it was so much bigger and game was easier. i think not.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bloody hell quote pyramid + notifications!

I seriously suggest you @OP to come to discord whenever you have questions or need some help with the game, there are plenty of people there that are eagerly to help player with medianXL.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Feeles is on vacation (is he still? Haven checked). Just cause he's responded on the forum doesn't mean he's back and able to play. I posted here and there while I was on my vacation from my phone. Technology is crazy these days, eh?

I guess I don't understand this entire post. I've seen you being curious and asking many questions and having the majority of them answered through PMs or thread comments, etc., so why all of a sudden do you not want help?

Yes, necro is strong, but not "OP". As solfege said, it's a well balanced class that is able to mix trees together well enough to apply all kinds of diversity to its setups, not to mention gear. I've played necro every season for like 6 in a row and even played six necros one ladder, one for each tree. It failed significantly when only using one specific tree, but as I said, you need to learn how to mix trees together to create builds. Once you learn to do that, you won't need to wait on someone to finish a guide because you'll know how to adapt.

Adramalech is not the best trap rat weapon either. The proc will never work because you're not a Melee attacker. The only beneficial thing really is the life on striking and that's generally unnecessary due to the Tanky nature of a trap rat, and life leech jewels.

Admins have ideas about what needs tweaked and changed. Rants like this don't really solve anything at all. Try a different class. Try what solfege did by playing other classes and gears and skills to adapt his Melee Sorc to be stronger than his original.

Just take up what Fumbles said about picking brains. Getting help on specific ubers might give you insight into how to prepare for other bosses as well.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:
Yes, necro is strong, but not "OP". As solfege said, it's a well balanced class that is able to mix trees together well enough to apply all kinds of diversity to its setups, not to mention gear.

That is something I think is pretty annoying in this game, that same classes have flexibility to mix and match and try stuff, and some just don't. I don't really know if you can use lycantrophy fro example as trap rat, so I can't make a definitive comment on that, but it is something that really annoys me on my amazon. Once you put points in a devotion, you disable 4 skill trees. Don't think this is a good mechanic to have. [/slight off-topic]
jollestroger
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Have not read all the posts but you are forgetting one factor. Is not only about playing the best class, a fun class that you enjoy playing is also important. I dont think balancing classes is important in SP when is all about having a good time playing a great game! :)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Okay now I'm finally back from a busy day and can elaborate my opinion better:

Every character is different. And thus every character has a different difficulty. Necromancer is by far the easiest character to play, but that doesn't make him OP. Because what you say annoys you (respeccing) is what a necromancer needs in order to do every uber. It's like that with every character. Some builds simply suck at doing certain ubers because of their mechanics. It's the same for every class. That's why you better switch to a different build in order to do it more easily. And that's not a problem at all since the devs willingly decided to keep the mechanic of respeccing going istead of completely erasing the possiblity for us to respec. It's a part of the game. Deal with it. (Especially since you have 3 wdm options on druid. You basically only have to switch out the weapon)

Necromancer summoner for example can't do triune. If you walk--> your totems die--> you lose all your buffs --> very slow progression. Eventually you get swarmed, while a huge chunk of your summons die to basically invisible meteors. --> You dead.
If you teleport --> you may kill a bunch of stuff --> you still don't see the meteors --> due to many obstacles you can't teleport and get stuck --> meteor comes--> you dead

So even the so called OP summoner necro can't do one of the most important farming spots. (cycles can add lots of MF after all. Hence youre general farming isn't as effective as with other builds/characters)

The only positive thing is: you don't need much gear and it's relatively safe. 2 points why a newbie should use my guide. However this build won't reach the clearspeeds of other characters and builds. (for example summoner barb is much faster in toraya, Harbinger wolf druid is much faster in fauzt, stampede barb is much faster in dunc and the list goes on... PLUS they can have cycles and thus much more MF and thus in general a better farming experience)

Anyway what I'm seeing is: Many people come here for a challenge. Hence they don't play summoner or totem nec because it's simply too boring for them.
However you are a lazy person who expects the game to give you everything for free. I'm not criticizing you because I'm the same. Or at least, I was. You know, usually I did around half of the ubers and then stopped playing because I felt overwhelmed and didn't want to put much effort into the game. And this is quite sad considering that I play this game since Median 2008(!). However creating a guide got me motivated and I did most of the ubers in my guide for the first time as well. And I noticed that you only have to find out a strategy in order to do them.

And this part is important. You sometimes have to rely on the experience of other players and veterans. You sometimes have to take in their hints and actually do it.

However, you don't want to get any hints.

fkfhnis wrote:Also i'm not even going to accept help with specific ubers to understand what I may be doing completely wrong and could do differently.

So you completely lack any intention of working for what you want. I get this because I'm the same. But this attitude can't last forever. This attitude will only make you fail life in general. So I really hope you're different in RL.

Anyway. Face your failures. Accept help. Improve.

The game industy has made players soft simply because you get everything you want without much effort, so it's a big change when you finally see Median where you are faced with challenges. Challenging challenges.

However there's always a way around it and the people on this forum can help you with gear and strategy in order to make it as easy as possible to you.

And concerning Feeles: Dude, there are times where you simply don't want anyone to know what you're actually doing. Don't call him a liar for keeping a well-deserved secret for himself. What if he's on therapy like I was? I was 6 months gone from home with only 1 possible internet connection. And that came from my phone and cost me 5€/day for unlimited volume. What if he has cancer? At least I wouldn't spend my last days on earth playing a freaking game.

What I'm trying to say is: Don't call people liars without knowing anything about them. Life is a bitch and can fuck anyone. So it's only clear that a game is not mandatory. Give him time. He'll update as soon as he can.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Traprat is supposed to be a slow farmer. Do you know how op a traprat would be if it was a speedster?