Druid rant. Traprat. Respeccing. Done with druid. Unbalanced game. Switching to necromancer. Summoner.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I made a druid. He was a traprat. He was able to clear all the easy ubers for me. Ubers not completed are: Vizjun, Toraja, Startled Witch, Uldyssian, The void, Zorun Tzin, Archbishop Lazarus, The Triune, The Unformed Land, Kingdom of Shadow, Ghosts of Old Bremmtown, Yshari Sanctum, Wretched Sands, Quov Tsin, Belial, Athulua, Astrogha, Kabraxis. I haven't even attempted 90% of these due to getting frustrated with the "more easier" ubers on this list.

It seems like everything I have trouble with, a necromancer would just do so much easier and can be done with just set items and shrine crafts with mediocre rolls too. It really feels pointless to play the druid knowing that necromancer is just overall a way better class. We can compare the 2 classes to fighting games if it would make you understand what these 2 classes feel like to me. It's like playing street fighter 5 or smash 4. SFV: Druid is like Fang/Alex and Necromancer is like Balrog with permanent vtrigger and Karin. Smash 4: Druid is like Jigglypuff and Zelda(not shiek) while Necromancer is like Bayonetta and Cloud. If you don't like fighting games, well then how unfortunate for you.

1. Elemental damage.
The lack of elemental damage just completely makes me not even want to attempt ubers with physical immunes like Triunes golems and Unformed Lands Treul. So if there are any more ubers with physical immunes on that list, they're basically out of the question.

But "just get ele damage or switch to fire caster druid" This is what you're already going to tell me to do and here's my response. Does a summoner have to change specs or gear for elemental damage? The answer is no. They use frostclaw totems, and death fury totem which add tri elemental damage to your summons. So they have good elemental damage, and physical damage with crushing blow from howling totem, Rampagor is poison too so that's another elemental type of damage. Sounds good right? Well it is. All this without even changing your build or spec. So strong.

Traprat on the other hand, I have to swap and find items purely for elemental damage to deal with physical immunes. I can use
Triune
right? Wrong. Requires a Qor rune. How do I get that? From Fautz. Can traprat effectively farm fautz? No a traprat cannot. You're only able to target 4 enemies at a time with quillstorm and chances are one of the 4 will be a necrobot which is physical immune so automatically you have to keep trying to retarget an auto targetable skill. This is why everyone goes wolf druid to farm fautz. Once again respeccing to do something easier. Which remember guys, requires you to have access to another whole set of items that doesn't help your main build at all.

2. Farming.
Let's say I did respec to wolf for farming areas like Fauztinville. I have to have wolf gear, so that means farming on what I already have which is traprat which isn't good at farming anything besides destruction Cow level and destruction Tran Athulua due to not needing elemental damage. So even if I went to go farm all this new wolf gear, it still would be a complete waste of time even after the wolf was fully geared with all best in slots. Why is that you ask? Because all this time I spent doing that I could have just afk farmed the whole time with a summoner.

Fautz + Unformed land, With a summoner all I have to do is summon everything, clear out a tiny corner of the area where no mobs will get you and where your minions won't wander far, put dark summoning on right click, tape down my right mouse button with my back against the corner so I don't get pushed out, and come back every 20 minutes to see what you got. And I ONCE AGAIN didn't even have to respec to do it. We need 1 ghal rune so we can stop after that. Wow so amazing getting greater runes without working for them at all. As for farming sacred uniques go it probably not good to do this in TA due to arrowside but since any enemy has a chance to drop a scared unique we can just farm them in the unformed land. We get essences, runestones, and sacreds at the same time all while afk? Easy Xis runes, which we don't even need.

Toraja, the area where I can farm a Krys rune to make the best weapon in the game for traprat. Which is
Adramelech
. 10 life on striking on a traprat? Yes please! But once again not happening if planing to farm it with a traprat. The cast speed in traprat form is just so terribly slow. Attempting to farm toraja is almost impossible due to the summons dying too quickly and not being able to be spammed faster than they die. But guess what, necro once again doesn't have an issue here. Necromancers cast speed with a Marrowstaff is just insanely fast. Taken directly from user "HechtHeftig" Summon necro guide called "Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec" : Toraja Location: Abbadon (Fridig Highlands) Difficulty: EASY Another place I didn't attempt yet simply because I didn't need the drops (Great Runes). However, this is very easy for us as well. Lightning Arena stuns the enemies. Just teleport to a stunned enemy, the edyrems will let them drop their shield, our minions attack them and they are dead in an instant. Kill the enemies one by one. Another easy place to farm on necro and we don't even need the drops at all for anything. NOR DID WE HAVE TO RESPEC ONCE AGAIN

3. Respeccing to do content or farm.
1. and 2. already covered this so there's not much more to add besides necro needs to respec WAY less and their respec doesn't even require having a whole set of extra gear. Popular median xl twitch tv streamer "Bojac" twitch.tv/bojacea just did Uldy the other day on stream. He switched from totem/summoner to Xbow necro to do it. All he did was swap his weapon which i'm pretty sure is
Lazarus' Votive Lamp
Lazarus' Votive Lamp
Grim Wand (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 39 to 44
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 172
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
+(2 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
50% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
-20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-20% to Enemy Cold Resistance
(16 to 20)% to Energy
(50 to 60)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (2)

Archbishop Lazarus
(Tribute Set)
to a crossbow which had atmg sentry on it to clear the edyrems, and changed 1 ring to a ripstar for more open wounds. He did change his skill plan but is swapping 2 items and using a belladonna extract really respeccing?

I'm done ranting. I'm not even going to get into each uber individually as that would just take way too long. Necromancer DOES have it's weak spots with some ubers not allowing summons and taking up a lot of your screen so you may miss something important happening. That being said it's weak points don't even compare to druids weakpoints. I already started getting my necro leveled, he is about to do LC2, which after that I can just afk farm exp with dark summoning to 120 if I really wanted to because necromancer is cool like that unlike shitty druid. Barb has good afk farm too from what I've heard. So why should anyone go through all of this trouble when necromancer is just by far the superior class with barb being a close tie or close second?

Also i'm not even going to accept help with specific ubers to understand what I may be doing completely wrong and could do differently. There's a reason Feeles stopped making his trashrat guide and lying that he's on vacation. No one goes on vacation for that long unless you're rich and chances are that he's rich is slim to none. Even when he was "on vacation" he still responded to posts sometimes but that stopped quickly. He must have fully realized traprat sucks and just gave up completely. LUL

TLDR: druid sucks, play necromancer instead, you won't regret your choice especially if you're lazy and don't want multiple sets of gear and to respec all the time.

If mod wanted me banned for this rant, go ahead. It isn't my fault your game isn't balanced to the point it should be. I just don't want someone to make the same mistake I made by making a trashrat.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Didnt read all throughfully, but my couple of cent:

1. Trap druid was designed to be as slow class but with more powerful WDM skill that matched / even more powerful than other ranged class. (remember throw knife -> dagger only nerf on druid?) . It is just downside of animation speed limitation that even summon are also slowed.

2. Druid is one class I felt lacked of "utility tree". Poison tree seem like to be designed for it, but i doubt you want to use acid fiends with slow animation. It seem like caster-bias utility tree atm. Necromancer on the other hand have so much freedom (kinda like barb as well) in skill distribution with 3 useful for most build "utility tree"
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
iwansquall wrote:Didnt read all throughfully, but my couple of cent:

1. Trap druid was designed to be as slow class but with more powerful WDM skill that matched / even more powerful than other ranged class. (remember throw knife -> dagger only nerf on druid?) . It is just downside of animation speed limitation that even summon are also slowed.

2. Druid is one class I felt lacked of "utility tree". Poison tree seem like to be designed for it, but i doubt you want to use acid fiends with slow animation. It seem like caster-bias utility tree atm. Necromancer on the other hand have so much freedom (kinda like barb as well) in skill distribution with 3 useful for most build "utility tree"

No I'm not familiar with the nerfs as MXL2017 is the first time I played MXL
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fkfhnis wrote:

i know this game feels overwhelming but when you get that you need to figure out things it gets easier. i have played whole ladder with wolf druid. all charms or items that i cant get with wolf i buy. and others i get myself. Wolf excels on farming and getting gear so its easy to get some tg with wolf to buy items you cant get yourself.

also some things that you "cant" get only seems so. i rly didnt think i can get laz charm with wolf druid but now im certain i can do it.

same thing goes to toraja. i tought last ladder that i need necromancer to farm it. i rly wont. i only needed summoned minion life to get edyrems take hits and then just farm the enterance of the place to get my first auhe rune.

when i had enough gear i even could kill lilith with wolf.

this is about problem solving :)
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Tkorpi wrote:
fkfhnis wrote:

i know this game feels overwhelming but when you get that you need to figure out things it gets easier. i have played whole ladder with wolf druid. all charms or items that i cant get with wolf i buy. and others i get myself. Wolf excels on farming and getting gear so its easy to get some tg with wolf to buy items you cant get yourself.

also some things that you "cant" get only seems so. i rly didnt think i can get laz charm with wolf druid but now im certain i can do it.

same thing goes to toraja. i tought last ladder that i need necromancer to farm it. i rly wont. i only needed summoned minion life to get edyrems take hits and then just farm the enterance of the place to get my first auhe rune.

I play single player, so buying items is out of the question. Also you can't deny the fact that with wolf you need some really expensive items to EFFECTIVELY farm areas and since they're SUs/Rws you have to get them where with necro you only need sets and basic crafts which are all farmed in terror. 1 ghal rune is the only expensive thing we need and it's for our weapon and even then it isn't the biggest necessity.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Then I would suggest to just keep playing the game with other class.

The imbalance inbetween classes is the norm since old days. The fun is to discover different of build and playstyle, not "im doing all uber with only 1 build".
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fkfhnis wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
fkfhnis wrote:

I play single player, so buying items is out of the question. Also you can't deny the fact that with wolf you need some really expensive items to EFFECTIVELY farm areas and since they're SUs/Rws you have to get them where with necro you only need sets and basic crafts which are all farmed in terror. 1 ghal rune is the only expensive thing we need and it's for our weapon and even then it isn't the biggest necessity.

Actually i can deny this "fact":
From me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frG9tIxlIOo&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rb42uF0CJU

From Beatinu ali:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WGEfRA4CY

Also i bet you will run in the same trouble with necromancer :) even with necromancer you cant do everything with T1 gear you find on normal :)
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Tkorpi wrote:
fkfhnis wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
fkfhnis wrote:

From me:

From Beatinu ali:

Also i bet you will run in the same trouble with necromancer :) even with necromancer you cant do everything with T1 gear you find on normal :)

You went lower than 1k health multiple times and it isn't even that fast. I said effectively. with the gear you're using you're bound to die eventually and most likely multiple times a run. Effectively , not just doable. Also who mentioned anything anything about T1 gear. I said sets and crafts.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fkfhnis wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
fkfhnis wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
fkfhnis wrote:

From me:

From Beatinu ali:

You went lower than 1k health multiple times and it isn't even that fast. I said effectively. with the gear you're using you're bound to die eventually and most likely multiple times a run. Effectively , not just doable. Also who mentioned anything anything about T1 gear. I said sets and crafts.

you are allready 120 on your necro? you mean laz set?
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
you are allready 120 on your necro? you mean laz set?

You just showed that you didn't even read the original post well.