ED vs. EWD, 350% ED possible?

Discuss Median XL!
damacon
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hi all,

I'm currently working on my bowazon character and am using Suchbalance's bowazon guide from pre-M2017 (link viewtopic.php?f=40&t=253)

In it, he shows a picture of a Flowerspring with 350% Enhanced Damage. I tried using MOs to get me there, but after 5 or so, it stopped letting me. What am I missing? Mine stops at 192% Enhanced Damage.

Am I supposed to use 5 ED MOs, 5 EWD MOs, etc? How is he getting those stats? I also can't figure out how he's getting 30% life stolen per hit.

Please help!

Edit: Is it possible to MO an item with -enemy resist? I don't see those in the shop anywhere.
MuddledMind
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You're working off an outdated guide.

A lot of changes were made to the above mentioned stats with the 2017 patch, which limits the amount of those properties you can get on an item. You also can't MO -resists on items anymore from the shop, theres a couple -res unique MO's you can find as loot but, thats about it.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The guide is from a previous patch, ED is now capped at 200 + what you get from sockets
damacon
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
MuddledMind wrote:You're working off an outdated guide.

A lot of changes were made to the above mentioned stats with the 2017 patch, which limits the amount of those properties you can get on an item. You also can't MO -resists on items anymore from the shop, theres a couple -res unique MO's you can find as loot but, thats about it.

Thanks for the update. So then, two additional questions:

1) This guide is "updated for M2017" https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.p ... af0#link13 (look under the bowazon), but still says to make some honorific gloves and MO with -enemy resist. Oversight on his part?

2) What should I put instead? % life on hit or EWD? What's the difference between ED and EWD?

Thanks!
vilski
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1) Most of the mini-guides are not updated to M2017, so I'd assume the one you are referring to is not as well.

2) ED refers to enhanced damage/defense. EWD refers to Enhanced Weapon Damage afaik. It is better to mo EWD on a weapon only if it has a lot of dmg.

For example, check those 2 crafted bows:

Image Image

My general rule is to mo ED on your weapon until you hit 200 ED( ofc you can use maximum of 5 mos), then either EWD or deadly strike. And that is only for WDM builds :)
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
enhanced damage = local multiplier on weapons which increases the flat phys dmg on the weapon directly, which can be further multiplied resulting in a higher total dmg (but not shown if you hover over the weapon, you have to calculate or check the lying character screen) by:

enhanced weapon damage = it multiplies all your flat phys dmg by a certain amount and works additively with other %increased dmg sources

so most of the time ED and other MO's are always > EWD since there are lots of other ways to get EWD and there are much more valuable MO's like deadlystrike, which gives you critchance, lifeleech etc.

its like ((flat phys dmg on your weapon*ED)+ other sources of flat phys dmg)*EWD = total dmg

but EWD is not only the EWD stat but also everything else which increases the phys dmg, like buffs and passives from skills and bonus dmg from str/dex depending on the weapon
damacon
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
vilski wrote:1) Most of the mini-guides are not updated to M2017, so I'd assume the one you are referring to is not as well.

2) ED refers to enhanced damage/defense. EWD refers to Enhanced Weapon Damage afaik. It is better to mo EWD on a weapon only if it has a lot of dmg.

For example, check those 2 crafted bows:

Image Image

My general rule is to mo ED on your weapon until you hit 200 ED( ofc you can use maximum of 5 mos), then either EWD or deadly strike. And that is only for WDM builds :)

This is helpful, thank you! Would you mind explaining how you got that item to its current condition? It looks like it's honorific because "orb effects applied to this item are doubled", but it has an orange name, ANd the runeword looks like it's 6x Jah? (I thought you had to socket 5 jewels + a rune in order to make a runeword?) What am I missing? Can you give me a step-by-step on how you did that and your logic behind it? I'm trying to understand what you were trying to accomplish with those stats. Thanks!

Edit: My best bow is 136-180 damage, but I keep seeing people with these insane stats like 600-1000 damage or whatever. How do people get to these numbers? Is this not possible anymore with M2017?
Edited by damacon 6 years.
damacon
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
robinro wrote:enhanced damage = local multiplier on weapons which increases the flat phys dmg on the weapon directly, which can be further multiplied resulting in a higher total dmg (but not shown if you hover over the weapon, you have to calculate or check the lying character screen) by:

enhanced weapon damage = it multiplies all your flat phys dmg by a certain amount and works additively with other %increased dmg sources

so most of the time ED and other MO's are always > EWD since there are lots of other ways to get EWD and there are much more valuable MO's like deadlystrike, which gives you critchance, lifeleech etc.

its like ((flat phys dmg on your weapon*ED)+ other sources of flat phys dmg)*EWD = total dmg

but EWD is not only the EWD stat but also everything else which increases the phys dmg, like buffs and passives from skills and bonus dmg from str/dex depending on the weapon

This is really helpful, thanks!
Liberec1234
Prowler
19 | 1
Orange name means that item was shrine crafted in cube and the recipe needs a sacred rare item so the base dmg is very high and so on boosted by ED it comes with numbers like this also got that double MO
vilski
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Take a look at https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube under the "Shrines and Crafting" section.
For detailed information on what affix each shrine gives check this https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/shrines.