Best char and build for going SSF in HC for the first time?

Discuss Median XL!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:
batuuuu wrote:just play uhm, its easy to play and its strong too.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=40052 <-- here is the guide, its a bit outdated but it should be fine.
also a tip for hc, i wouldnt recommend doing these ubers:
yshari sanctum - while trying to farm the set pieces for this build the last zone has alot of fire absorbs, difficult to kill. doing the actual uber will kill u 100%
spirit world - this uber can become immune to dmg and can bum fuck u hard, wouldn't attempt
any 130+ uber - yeah guys lets do uldy, laz and void on hc
any 135 uber - sam & deimoss on hc viable?

I'd say uldy is totally doable deathless with some builds

Laz and the new Void too. Sam/Deimoss no way.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Actually the summoner wannabe in the Uldyssian uber is more of a pain to me than Uldyssian himself.

In the final fight you have lots of space to manoeuver at least.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
batuuuu wrote:just play uhm, its easy to play and its strong too.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=40052 <-- here is the guide, its a bit outdated but it should be fine.
also a tip for hc, i wouldnt recommend doing these ubers:
yshari sanctum - while trying to farm the set pieces for this build the last zone has alot of fire absorbs, difficult to kill. doing the actual uber will kill u 100%
spirit world - this uber can become immune to dmg and can bum fuck u hard, wouldn't attempt
any 130+ uber - yeah guys lets do uldy, laz and void on hc
any 135 uber - sam & deimoss on hc viable?

Uldy, Yshari, Laz and Void are all doable on Hardcore. They're not easy no but doable just need a strong build and have a lot of experience with the fights.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For all these, my pick would be a trapsin. That slow effect on catalyst trap makes everything so much manageable. Trap are also great at taking down groupies and totems.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Jampula wrote:
Sounds nice and good luck. :)
Dmg can be lacking at some point but keep us posted!

Just reached lvl 120 and got my first 120 charm (wheather control) ... until now 2 times my life pool was very close to zero :shock:

i am curious how it will continue ... i am not good with ubers up from 120 and normally they are often more or less a corpse run ..... duncraig in the beginning and quov tsin, and some i never did successfully .... and first of all i will try to survive - completely different playstyle now for me :bounce:
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nobrainnopain wrote:
Jampula wrote:

Just reached lvl 120 and got my first 120 charm (wheather control) ... until now 2 times my life pool was very close to zero :shock:

i am curious how it will continue ... i am not good with ubers up from 120 and normally they are often more or less a corpse run ..... duncraig in the beginning and quov tsin, and some i never did successfully .... and first of all i will try to survive - completely different playstyle now for me :bounce:

Quov Tzin is a breeze if you know what you are doing. You just need 85+ max res to fire/light/cold and a bit of flat phys dmg reduction and you'll be able to tank his beam no problem.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Diaco wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:
Jampula wrote:

Quov Tzin is a breeze if you know what you are doing. You just need 85+ max res to fire/light/cold and a bit of flat phys dmg reduction and you'll be able to tank his beam no problem.

Ok I will try ... any idea how much bout physical res is needed?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nobrainnopain wrote:
Diaco wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:
Jampula wrote:

Ok I will try ... any idea how much bout physical res is needed?

Flat phys resist MOs on rings and amulet are enough.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ideally try getting hit a tiny bit at the edge of the beam to see how your character handles it before trying to kill.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Ok Thx :)