Development Team

Discuss Median XL!
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
How does one join the Median development team?

There are a few things that I want to add/change/fix (Duncraig) to Median XL to make the game better. For example, if you're offline, the Median XL Launcher won't run the game, you have to edit the settings.json file and disable updates - which a normal user would NEVER figure out.

I've been playing the Amazon and wanted to change the fire elemental - they useless even with high damage - to fire dart fetishes, replace the Spirit of Vengeance with a Fetish Shaman that summons bone fetishes that attack and explode on death.

Can someone please PM and/or reply and advise?

Thank you, and thank you for the excellent mod!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
And he just never stops...
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
It's very easy to launch the game offline with the "game.exe" executable, as it always did before there were a launcher. It is weird to have to disable update to get the launcher to do it but it's not really important.
Duncraig is fine, as is sprit of vengence (it's the coolest thing amazon have man) i'd be sad if it become some shaman. I do agree that elementals are weird but again it's a minor change. It will maybe come one day as druid harversers were changed.

Anyway you don't get in the team that easily just because you don't like some things, it doesn't work like that. This mod have been developed during years by people invested into it since long.
Your best option if you have ideas is post in the feedback thread, it's enough for us pleb
momope
Bone Archer
78 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
I think you want to use the launcher to avoid the scrolling symbols in the corner bug.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Stating you want to be on the dev team because there are things you want to change about the game seems like an excellent way of not getting into the dev team.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
As it's written in the Code Of Conduct: "Please only post your messages once. Repetitions are unpleasant and unnecessary!".
You've already created a thread like this, and that was and still is enough.
Btw one doesn't join the development team because he's asking to, one get in the dev team because he's being asked to join. Showcase to the community what you're capable of, or join the D2 modding crew by working on your mod/project and such. Wanting to change something is just the first step and there might be a long road ahead before you can find yourself where you wanted to be.
If you have any feedback about the game pls report it in the Bugs&Feedback, not in a new random thread.
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:As it's written in the Code Of Conduct: "Please only post your messages once. Repetitions are unpleasant and unnecessary!".
You've already created a thread like this, and that was and still is enough.
Btw one doesn't join the development team because he's asking to, one get in the dev team because he's being asked to join. Showcase to the community what you're capable of, or join the D2 modding crew by working on your mod/project and such. Wanting to change something is just the first step and there might be a long road ahead before you can find yourself where you wanted to be.
If you have any feedback about the game pls report it in the Bugs&Feedback, not in a new random thread.

Sorry RequiemLux. I enabled "notify me when a reply is posted". It was disabled by default and can't find my other post. I don't use forums much, but don't want to break the rules.

Thanks for the direction. I understand you won't just add anyone to the development team, but I'm sure I can prove my worth.
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Lynderika wrote:It's very easy to launch the game offline with the "game.exe" executable, as it always did before there were a launcher. It is weird to have to disable update to get the launcher to do it but it's not really important.
Duncraig is fine, as is sprit of vengence (it's the coolest thing amazon have man) i'd be sad if it become some shaman. I do agree that elementals are weird but again it's a minor change. It will maybe come one day as druid harversers were changed.

Anyway you don't get in the team that easily just because you don't like some things, it doesn't work like that. This mod have been developed during years by people invested into it since long.
Your best option if you have ideas is post in the feedback thread, it's enough for us pleb

My Internet went offline and I couldn't launch Median XL, that's why I went looking for a setting to get it running offline. Would be nice if there is no Internet connection, you can still run the game without editing anything.
batuuuu
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
ayy brad your back, i missed ur forum posts :mweed:
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
bradsmithsite wrote:
Lynderika wrote:It's very easy to launch the game offline with the "game.exe" executable, as it always did before there were a launcher. It is weird to have to disable update to get the launcher to do it but it's not really important.

My Internet went offline and I couldn't launch Median XL, that's why I went looking for a setting to get it running offline. Would be nice if there is no Internet connection, you can still run the game without editing anything.

hum like I said, you can just go to your game folder and launch the game with "game.exe" no need for connexion or edits