Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
After getting all of the Very Easy, Easy, and Moderate charms, and a few of the Hard charms so far, I wanted to give some praise where praise is due! This isn't feedback per-say, and definitely not criticism, but just solid praise for the wonderful effort and thought that went into MXL Sigma! I haven't played this game in years despite posting here off and on and finally just started up again in the latest patch. The game is so freaking amazing and smooth now! The level progression is spot on and aligns perfectly with where the casual player ends up. Although I could not enter some ubers I was geared to handle at my lower level, that extra time gave me some valuable equipment from farming which I used in harder ubers. The damage scaling of both enemies and heros is very precise, much like any P2W game on your phone, and yet intoxicatingly pleasant in a way, so long as your skill choices are correct, you always feel like you are killing enemies at your level, and always one moment away from death when fighting right at your level! This is how every ARGP should be made! And the skill trees are balanced so incredibly well... it's terrible to be forced to chose between so many excellent skill choices, lol! Anyway, enough is enough... my hat's off to you gentlemen devs! Now that I'm actively playing, I decided to enroll as a Patreon supporter for this wonderful MOD! Keep up the good work guys, and thank you for all of your hard work and effort over the years! There has never been a better MOD for D2 ever, and I doubt there ever will be.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well said!

Just keep in mind, that its goblin season, lots of extra loot compared to other seasons,and enchantment scrolls are completely new.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:you always feel like you are killing enemies at your level

I agree with everything except this. I don't think that's necessarily good, based on how it is implemented. Take Grim Dawn for example. The monsters in that game level with you. That makes it absolutely irrelevant where you level. You can just run through all the content, ignoring monsters you don't want to fight. You never have a challenge. That makes the game in itself quite boring.

Median has that challenge though, so this part is just very well implemented and thus deserves an extra praise ;)
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cookied the op. Game is awesome.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This mod made me stay sane during the pandemic, where we were in a lockdown and I had to work with a demanding 24-7 schedule.

That 2-hr playtime every night cleared my head. Lucky to have played Diablo cLoD back in the day, even luckier to have discovered MXL.

Thanks to devs and the helpful community!
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ParticuLarry wrote:
Taem wrote:you always feel like you are killing enemies at your level

I agree with everything except this. I don't think that's necessarily good, based on how it is implemented. Take Grim Dawn for example. The monsters in that game level with you. That makes it absolutely irrelevant where you level. You can just run through all the content, ignoring monsters you don't want to fight. You never have a challenge. That makes the game in itself quite boring.

Median has that challenge though, so this part is just very well implemented and thus deserves an extra praise ;)

Lol, I complained so many times on the grim dawn forums about just that, but was blasted every time from fanboys trying to tell me that the monsters do not auto scale, that there is a min and max monster level. I told them bullshit and took pics of my toon at clvl 80 and 90 in Normal right outside the very first town being attacked by.... Level 80 monsters . Nobody responded . It's so unfortunate that such a good game as from dawn had such an absolutely fucking stupid mechanism... I just walked away from it one day and never went back and never will.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:Lol, I complained so many times on the grim dawn forums about just that, but was blasted every time from fanboys trying to tell me that the monsters do not auto scale, that there is a min and max monster level. I told them bullshit and took pics of my toon at clvl 80 and 90 in Normal right outside the very first town being attacked by.... Level 80 monsters . Nobody responded . It's so unfortunate that such a good game as from dawn had such an absolutely fucking stupid mechanism... I just walked away from it one day and never went back and never will.

I feel the exact same! Some friends and I had some good fun with crucible at least, but after level 50 you can't level there at all anymore. So you're forced to level in the campaign, and that just bored the hell out of us. We got to level 80 before thinking: Nope, that wasted time isn't worth it and we went back to Heroes of the storm. Which also bored me to death.

We haven't gotten back to it since. All we wanted to do was slaughtering huge amounts of monster waves one after another.

Luckily Median is a lot better in every regard except graphics and QoL.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Victor wrote:That 2-hr playtime every night cleared my head.

I really only get to play on weekends, but I couldn't agree with this more. I would honestly say that this mod has gotten me through life. When things get chaotic and stressful for me, a few hour binge on Saturday night is the mental repair that I need.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
This mod was both a blessing and a curse at times. Being a Playstation player since launch, this was the only PC game/mod I had gotten into. When I started university, I suddenly started using the computer for schooling for the first time. While it was easy to stop gaming on console, seeing that Diablo icon on my desktop while working on assignments made it really easy to procrastinate... And it did relieve stress - though, temporarily hahaha!

Aside from that, this mod is the only game that I've remained attached to for so many years. No other game evolves and constantly draws me back to playing than Median XL. It's amazing how much thought and experience has gone into refining/developing this mod, and I truly appreciate it! The community is great too, though, it does feel divided these days with the shoutbox gone (and I don't like discord, lol). I'll have to test myself once again when I start my next university program... I gotta resist the urge!
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Taem wrote:
► Show Spoiler

❤️❤️❤️
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.