Hardcore Players and Magic Resistance

Discuss Median XL!
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hello.

Diablo Median XL end game content is MUCH harder than Diablo 2 LoD. Is there any way for hard core players to create using (100 gems) a Stone of Resurrection, that if you die, the stone takes your place and you stay a hardcore character?

Also, there is no way to increase Magic Resistance - that I know of. Could you add a way to add Magic Resistance to uniques or orbs?

Also, if you have high resistance - see picture below - how do you calculate how much ACTUAL resistance do you have as 100%? Please can one of the developers please advise. Want to update the D2Stats tool.

Thanks for reading this and want to say that I love Median XL!

nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
You can have magic resists with enchanted shrines craft.
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bradsmithsite wrote:Is there any way for hard core players to create using (100 gems) a Stone of Resurrection,

This make my day !
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Thanks nemmate for the info, and blatkill, glad you like my idea!!! Would be great for HC players.
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
Stone of Resurrection, lol. Sorry but I've never heard of such a stupid idea, that would make HC another SC mode :mrotate:
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Myxir wrote:Stone of Resurrection, lol. Sorry but I've never heard of such a stupid idea, that would make HC another SC mode :mrotate:

Not if it's very difficult to get a Stone of Resurrection so that you're scared of dying.

Tell me, as it stands, what is the point of HARDCORE in MEDIAN XL at the moment?

Show me a level 140 HC character please.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bradsmithsite wrote:
Myxir wrote:Stone of Resurrection, lol. Sorry but I've never heard of such a stupid idea, that would make HC another SC mode :mrotate:

Not if it's very difficult to get a Stone of Resurrection so that you're scared of dying.

Tell me, as it stands, what is the point of HARDCORE in MEDIAN XL at the moment?

Go look at the ladder chart.
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Crash wrote:
bradsmithsite wrote:

Go look at the ladder chart.

Really? That's amazing. Thanks for showing me. Seems I need to play more Median. Only had it for around 6 months. Thanks Crash.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For the love of god dude, post on the feedback thread. You don't need to create a new thread for every idea you have.

Also, the whole point of hardcore is perma death, if you put in a revive mechanic you could just grind those resources, defeating the point of playing hardcore.

Regarding Magic res, the Game is balanced around having little to no Magic res. You are not intended to be able to significantly reduce Magic dmg
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Diaco wrote:For the love of god dude, post on the feedback thread. You don't need to create a new thread for every idea you have.

Also, the whole point of hardcore is perma death, if you put in a revive mechanic you could just grind those resources, defeating the point of playing hardcore.

Regarding Magic res, the Game is balanced around having little to no Magic res. You are not intended to be able to significantly reduce Magic dmg

Will do so.

If you have 380% fire resistance, Diaco, do you know how much the effective fire resistance is. If you have 100% fire resistance, you should be immune to fire, but it doesn't work like that. For the updated D3Stats, would be nice to display that you have 82% effective fire resistance instead of display 380% resistance.