Discuss Median XL!
USSRe
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Yes to all !!!!!!
Hexen
Prowler
19 | 2
I want monsters killed and deaths counter badly.
Also i want more gold space, 2.5kk is soo little. Plz make max gold in stash like 100kk.
Empower
Monkey King
269 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:
Taem wrote:Re: bradsmithsite Suggestions;

Shell of Protection: From the GOLDEN AXE thread, the only one I kind of like is a combination of the potion and hireable merc idea. I will explain: You can take ten-trophy fragments to summon a "shell of immortal protection". What this shell does is absorbs ONE death blow and restores you to full health. What this means is if you're toon should have been killed due to damage, you will instead recover full HP and your shell will dissipate leaving you vulnerable to death thereafter. You cannot stack shells. Shells are essentially spells, thus cease to exist once you exit the game. This would open up an entirely new trading system exclusive to HC with the added benefit of not providing any service that isn't already available in the standard game (how many times do you die in SC trying to get a charm sometimes?) thus not at all overpowered. The shell could work in SC to, why not, but who would purchase it when you have endless lives in SC? It would have no value in SC like it would in HC. Anyway, this could be a way for HC players to attempt some of the more difficult ubers without fear of instant death, and without the need to dumb down the game entirely just for HC players.

That Shell would have insane value in SC. You do have endless lives, but that hardly matters when you have level lockdowns. It would be especially coveted for anyone farming high labs and would significantly lower their intrinsic difficulty. Also ten trophy fragments is an easily farmable price, and I wouldn't be surprised to see people entering high labs or ubers like Lazarus or the Witch with several shells, again lowering their difficulty by a wide margin.

Honestly, the only change I would make to HC, is reducing the nodrop ratio so the reward for playing hardcore is more chances to find the gear you need to advance. This would reduce the insane amounts of grinding k3k, teganze and/or duncraig required to move forward past 120 ubers, while also improving the HC economy and giving a better incentive to play it.

seriously? who would waste multiple hours on farming trophy fragments for things like witch, which is a 10min fight, or laz which is essentially 5-7mins. you can run to laz in like 1.5min, witch takes like less than a min. i highly doubt any SC player would ever use it on these 2 mentioned occasions just to get a terribly rolled sleep charm once. it's a lot more efficient to just rerun to the uber instead of farming fragments for 5 days to increase your odds of succeeding once...lol
boozek
Son of Lucion
738 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hexen wrote:I want monsters killed and deaths counter badly.
Also i want more gold space, 2.5kk is soo little. Plz make max gold in stash like 100kk.

monster killed and deaths are here https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/ when you choose your character
Hexen
Prowler
19 | 2
boozek wrote:
Hexen wrote:I want monsters killed and deaths counter badly.

monster killed and deaths are here https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/ when you choose your character

Thx, but i meant for sp, i play sp.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
1. Yes
2. Yes/no.
Guaranteeing a perfect charm after X boss kills on a character is a nice idea, especially for charms with huge RNG factor like BPR, Quov Tsin or Vizjun. It's an improvement over idea of getting trophy fragments through cubing multiple charms of same type.
However, the "kill Bartuc 1000 times to earn extra stats on charm" thing is questionable. Few people can invest so much time in just one uberquest (and imagine every uber is like that!), while knowing your character is weaker than it could be is frustrating.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes/no.
Extra inventory tab sounds nice, but I got even better idea for it. What if instead of dupe charms it's for active charms only? Put your charm, one of a type, into this tab to gain bonus. Then you can grab same charms and put them directly in your inventory, with no limit other than storage space (naturally, they won't grant you stats). Very useful in ubers like Vizjun, where you need to quickly grab charm and quit. Difference between clicking on item on the ground and opening inventory, then dragging item over to cube might save lives.
6. Yes.
Just let us collect all shrines of the same type by right-clicking on the vessel. Better still, let us cube rares with vessel directly, instead of having to extract one shrine at a time.
7. Yes
8. Yes. I don't care, I'm SP only person, but I'll support you guys.
9. Same
10. Same

I'll write down my own suggestions in a separate post.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
So, what I would like to see:

A. Merc revival
Invaluable in ubers with lockdown, dlabs especially. Granted, this should not be cheap - paying an NPC out of battle to revive merc should by all means be more cost-efficient. Field revival must be something you'll resort to under dire circumstances only.
I'd have one-use, infrequently dropped "phoenix down" items for this.

B. Merc roster
Being able to buy merc of your own level, at full power, is nice. Still, if engine allows it, this could be further improved.
Let's imagine you have a tab where you can choose one of mercs you hired, all stored with their gear. Take one you want to run with during this session. There should also be option to have them all stay in town, for ubers where merc will be a hindrance or just has no chance of survival.

C. Ethereal items rerolling
Having found a good sacred eth weapon and not being able to hone it for runeword with oils of renewal (if anyone doesn't know, this recipe returns non-eth items) sucks. I know it's the way things are coded, but I believe something can be done about it.
Alternatively, just remove "+10 required level" from
Empyrean Touch
Empyrean Touch
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Weapon/Armor to Add Bonus
Item Becomes Ethereal
+10 Required Level

D. Non-realm scrolls of enchantment
Ideally, I'd like to see it in "swansong patch" for current version of Sigma (1.8.1?). Having certain types of scrolls only drop from realm-only goblins is basically denying SP part of community their chance to build perfect characters. Rewarding realm players with extra loot drops is good, but giving them exclusive rewards unobtainable in SP is unfair to those who prefer to play alone. So make scrolls for helms and amulets only drop in harder ubers, but make them drop for everyone.

E. New recipes for cube
There must be an option to remove mystic orb bonuses from items, along with +req lvl of course.
Godsend option would be a way to reroll a chance to upgrade an item with oil of luck/of conjuration/lottery. Even if it's only possible through consuming infrequently dropped crafting materials.

F. Buff uptime reminders
Having all active buffs shown near the health orb is great. Even greater would be if the icons could remind you when a buff is expiring and needs to be recast. Subtle blinking for 3-4 seconds will do.

G. Loot filters
Inbuilt loot filter where you can check/uncheck which item quality levels are visible on pressing Shift button. Also inbuilt notifier whenever valuable stuff drops.
Also an option to disable auto-pickup when you click on the ground and catch pixel of some rubbish - unless Shift is held.

H. Cosmetic changes
I) Ideally I'd see mercs changing appearance depending on items they wear. If that's even possible.
II) Some weapon bases look weird on character model. I'd love to see hammerhead axe and balanced axe appear as larger 1h axes (double axe, military pick) instead of small hatchets.
Also, change base item or just on-model look of
Gotterdammerung
Gotterdammerung
Great Axe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 496 to 673
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
Thunderfury
Area Effect Attack
50% Attack Speed
Adds 250-400 Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Requirements +800%
Ragh nar Rook
Socketed (6)
. The fact that hardest-hitting melee weapon with the highest str requirements of all items is not one of the biggest axes on-model just makes no sense.
III) The solution to previous paragraph might be something like illusionist NPCs in Grim Dawn, where you could - for a small price - change looks of an item on character. Sigma 2 could feature something similar, within item type (1h swords, maces/hammers etc). One way to implement this would be cubing some base item with mystic dye to get "oil of illusion" (needs a better name, I know) which, when applied to item, makes it appear on character model as the base item used to create it.
(edit) I need this feature because
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
is just as ugly as it's useful.
IV) Currently Deathlord buff is visually most ridiculous buff in game. Having a mini-UFO or glowing straw hat float above necro's head is as lame as the buff itself is good. Change it for ANY other visual effect, please.
V) Does Purify absolutely need to look like flying blob of snots?
VI) (edit) Vanilla Diablo 2 LoD has quite a lot of item sprites that look good but somehow didn't find their use in MXL yet. Just this page (https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Unique_Swords) has seven or eight. You know what should be done.

Bonus: ominous sounds!
I remember Median XL 2012, where Quov Tsin (on top of being far, FAR bigger asshole of a boss than he is now) had a chance to spawn or not spawn in specific location. When he was present in the level, you could tell by weird sounds of unknown nature.
I think dlabs could have similar feature for sovereign bosses. Hearing Phoboss even before his health bar appears might be fun "oh crap!" experience.
Alternatively, these sounds might be the way of telling that sovereign boss is close, if they get regular monster health bars in the top part of the screen, instead of always present boss healthbars.
Stulejarz
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
I would vote no. I partly like the way you think but I have my own ideas. ofc it's pure fantasia. I'd better like to see things like:
guilds with nice GUI, shared stashes, rankings, challenges, guilds pvp
improved chat - possibility to read and write on global being in game, chat GUI instead of commands, friends list, messages archives
in-game tg trade and/or auction house
discord voice room-game room sync
more cubes/backpacks/bags/boxes whatever
late game quests progress with storyline in quests sheet
improved stats sheet and merc sheet
merc charms/skills tree
minimize gold drop rate to make it base cheap stuff currency and to make the game harder
loot protection
"global game room" to talk, trade and organise. sticky to the top of the list, with slow respawn on, without quests, bosses and, what's most important, limit of players
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Another suggestion: fix the lucky bonus!
Spending more time rerolling item bases than actually playing is not fun. Of course I'm not talking about guaranteed lucky upgrades, but what's reason to not merge all lucky bonuses that may appear on item? Obviously, when players cube some armor with oil of luck, they want to get both 20% ED and 1% PR. Why not fix the chance to get both at 1/5 instead of having 8/25 chance to get either ED or PR, or only 1/25 to get both? (Then again I heard chances are bugged anyway)
At the very least make jewel lucky upgrade +2 to all attributes in 1/5, instead of str, dex, vit and ene rolled separately. It would be a blessing.
ticktick
Sasquatch
64 | 9
Get rid of the time-wasting around runeword prep. 100% lucky chance on white/grey items. Oil of renewal gives max sockets and max superior rolls.