some thoughts about the last patches

Discuss Median XL!
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Maybe I'm gonna get downvoted but I wanted to state this :)

I feel like the game now is mostly just about who has the more relics.

Everyone just look for relics. relics and more relics.
Showcases of impressive builds are only impressive because of their abuse of relics.

On the other side, it opens so much more diversity of builds that i'm not even sure of what I've just wrote there.

Must say I've chosen fire sorc this season precisely because she does not need any relic to perform.

What are the people's thoughts about relics ? too powerful ? too many of them ? or just fine with it ?

Oh btw, game is still the best d2 mod we can all agree on that right :D
n-gave13
Cog
215 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I dont like and no use relic :)
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Relics are fun but not when you can stack them endlessly that kills the balance of the game entirely, even 3-4 same relics would be too strong if know how to build around them , mostly spells and buffs become too strong , wdm skills do nothing in most cases if stack them . Imo a higher droprate would be great and remove gobls drop.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Its not a typical season. Its was made to most of players who cannot even think of going at high labs where every item at your back is worth of tens and hundreds of tgs and jewlry is all about 3% lucky rolls.

And I ignore relic-showcases.
Edited by Ruubel 3 years.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Have a cookie.

Maybe limiting its usage (i.e. 1 of each kind) can help us see powerful but attainable showcases like before this patch.

I enjoy farming for a build-enabling SSU (which I did with
Fire Hydra
), but when I see a relic-powered showcase I skip.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents from SP point of view. That’s not a big deal, the rest is enough to make this mod great.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I play SP, but from the Showcases I see it seems that builds rely more and more on Relic stacking. This, in my opinion, is VERY bad for balance as this leaves two options: Either balance the game to make it a challenge even with stacked relics and therefore making it borderline impossible without them, or balance the game to make it doable without Relics and therefore rendering it trivial by stacking Relics. Both options seem terrible. I'd agree that there should be some kind of limit to the amount of Relics one can stack. Maybe not a hard cap, but a good measure would be having relics add +5 or 10 or whatever required levels, so you'd need to balance between relics and MOs/UMOs/Effigies.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Maybe they could just limit the pool of relics and removes the game breaking ones, such as barb stances and others passives ?

I mean I'd love to have a full java stuff with lightning fury relics and charged strike relics.
if you limit to 1 per char it would limit builds pool. So maybe some skills should not have a relic related to idk.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PizzaGater wrote:Maybe they could just limit the pool of relics and removes the game breaking ones, such as barb stances and others passives ?

I mean I'd love to have a full java stuff with lightning fury relics and charged strike relics.
if you limit to 1 per char it would limit builds pool. So maybe some skills should not have a relic related to idk.

All relics that affect buffs go insane when you stack them. Think about Mythal, where you get 20% extra spell dmg per slot, when the max you could get prior to them was 3%
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Imo the problem is not about relic stacking but the secondary stats that they give and that some skills are simply to powerful when stacked but some of them only become viable when stacked.
Actually this season shows what changes to existing relics must be made to not break the game. Some of some are better of removed completely, some secondary stats must be tuned down, some tuned up, some secondary stats on Buff skills that try to be a malus in trade for the buff are completely useless because you use them either on swap or on prebuff gear, ....
The list can goes on but that are my quick main thoughts.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
I'm an old man, I play SP, sometimes SP-offline. I didn't use so many relics before. This season is a loot season. I mean if I find more relics than before, I will try some builds, but I know that the 2.0 will be different. I'm just hoping that the class skills won't change so much, maybe just re-balanced a little bit. I agree that the goblins are too much. I found the high level charms so this season I skip some Uber bosses and I won't prepare my chars for higher levels. You can loot everything this season. Hope that the 2.0 will arrive ASAP.