Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Damn, that looks great!! Ending in sight for Sigma? I sure hope not :(

Edit: I should mention that I'm only half serious. What I actually believe will happen is Resurrection will drive up interest in D2 once again, and MXL is so fucking popular, it is inevitable people will talk about how much better it is than vanilla d2, which will lead to an influx of new players here. This seems very likely to me.
otarU1921
Sasquatch
60 | 7
I take back what I said, the dev team seems to be huge fans of the game and are trying their best in doing a good job.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/ ... l-summary/
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Taem wrote:Damn, that looks great!! Ending in sight for Sigma? I sure hope not :(

Edit: I should mention that I'm only half serious. What I actually believe will happen is Resurrection will drive up interest in D2 once again, and MXL is so fucking popular, it is inevitable people will talk about how much better it is than vanilla d2, which will lead to an influx of new players here. This seems very likely to me.

This looks like a TOTAL game-changer... I completely agree with you! This has the potential to bring more bright minds to the D2 modding community and perhaps Median XL: Resurrected wouldn't be so far from reality! I can only imagine what's going through the dev team's minds right now hahaha! Plans may have to change very soon
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The animations look weird, extremely stiff and awkward.
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Looks amazing.

I do hope they fix some of the things that I think are an issue. Like:

Slow block bug and fend bug on zons. Small stuff like that would be good/The stuff Median has already fixed.
Enigma granting untimered teleport to anyone.
Bugged lightning souls.
Hammerdins need to be toned down.
Random other stuff.

I feel like they could make a new inventory for charms. Only charms can go in it and that's it. Overall, looks very good.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Looks pretty bad not gonna lie. I dont know why people are so impressed, but I wouldn't play mxl with those graphics. Its like the old mtv show pimp my ride- flashy remake and nothing more.
Unless there are many positives on that engine, I dont think ild mods will move onto that. New mods- sure.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Not interested, not concered. Nothing in there interest me, nothing bizzard ever did except d2 interested me, and the only thing really showed here, the artistic direction, is terribly not to my taste.
I've wanted to just keep away from it, not say anything and play vanilla (and sometimes mxl of course :coolstorybob: ) until my death like usual, but the positive reception and mod compatibility thing kinda make me fear. I really, really hope the future of anything is not in this.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Some important information that I took from the links that were posted here:

- The D2 resurrected is basically an engine on top of the old engine, turning the 25 fps animations into 60 fps animations. Old break points still work! But that's also the reason why the animations look so stiff.
- You can switch between new and old graphics and any point
- more QoL will be added
- You can choose your character to be classic. So if you want to switch between classic and LOD, you can do so in the character creation screen as each character is either classic or LOD and thus has different item choices depending on your choice of the version.

These are all great points tbh. I'll probably buy a copy for the switch. That way I can play with some friends on the same couch.