Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discuss Median XL!
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Dadplaysgames4 wrote:$55 to do Baal runs again? with a little bit of sprinkles on top? Not sold

Lol bro... said everything XD
chuk15
Thunder Beetle
51 | 2
I'm too old to be spending hours mindlessly running baal like a robot in this d2 remake. I'd rather be doing cool uber's with different builds like in median which is more mentally stimulating. :) Although if median mod was transferred to d2 remake my dreams would come true. :)
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Well, to be completely honest i will need to get this "new" Diablo. If i want to rise numbers on my streams i need to go with the flow ;P...
Well i also hope my knowledge about Median will grow so i wont spend my streams alone anymore -lul-

PS. Im still happy they wont rly touch mechanics....
they did it with W3 and now Battlenet got no clans and other basic stuff....
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TLDR - any info on if any OG d2 builds are being rebalanced?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Im_a_ninja wrote:TLDR - any info on if any OG d2 builds are being rebalanced?

Given recent history, Blizzard are not incline to do any changes.
The only major change I can recall they did in classic wow was making the Scarab lord quest guy in SIlithus be unkillable after a week or so of people camp/killing him repeatedly.
The vanilla SJWs will arise if their precious broken game is touched. So, if I was a betting man I would bet that Blizzard would leave the whole game untouched apart from few things that are not in any major way enhancing the game and are trivial.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Am I excited to pay a bunch of clowns who look down on their Diablo fanbase so that I can rinse & repeat outdated, ~18 year old content with improved graphics? Please.

Lets have a little self respect & stop shoveling money into these people's pockets. This is a company that quite obviously views it's fanbase as nothing more than walking pockets to exploit & extract money from.
Edited by MeatSlinger3000 3 years.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times

In the announcement they put quite a bit of emphasis on the idea of this being an authentic D2 experience, but with 3D graphics. They even outright stated that the remastering of this Diablo 2 game was done with the same approach as StarCraft: Remastered.

From what I understand, this D2 remastered will have 3 QoL improvements: auto-pickup gold, cross progression, & stash sharing among characters. Other than that, & ofc the graphics, it's going to be a carbon copy of the patch that is currently live on Diablo 2 right now. Excited to continue doing Baal runs with the same builds for the ~18th year in a row...but with better graphics? Because that's more than likely what you're going to be paying for.

I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but this is the 2021 era of Blizzard we're taking about, & they should be expected to put the absolute minimum amount of effort into a remaster like this.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:

In the announcement they put quite a bit of emphasis on the idea of this being an authentic D2 experience, but with 3D graphics. They even outright stated that the remastering of this Diablo 2 game was done with the same approach as StarCraft: Remastered.

From what I understand, this D2 remastered will have 3 QoL improvements: auto-pickup gold, cross progression, & stash sharing among characters. Other than that, & ofc the graphics, it's going to be a carbon copy of the patch that is currently live on Diablo 2 right now. Excited to continue doing Baal runs with the same builds for the ~18th year in a row...but with better graphics? Because that's more than likely what you're going to be paying for.

I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but this is the 2021 era of Blizzard we're taking about, & they should be expected to put the absolute minimum amount of effort into a remaster like this.

This is exactly how a remaster works. Same game, completely untouched, but with HD graphics overhaul.
If you're looking for a reMAKE, then look no further than Black Mesa from Crowbar Collective. It's Half Life 1...except it is not. It is a completely new game that plays differently, especially in later chapters which were completely remade and shaped into entirely different content piece.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Conquest wrote:
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:

This is exactly how a remaster works. Same game, completely untouched, but with HD graphics overhaul.
If you're looking for a reMAKE, then look no further than Black Mesa from Crowbar Collective. It's Half Life 1...except it is not. It is a completely new game that plays differently, especially in later chapters which were completely remade and shaped into entirely different content piece.

Except this D2 game isn't going to be the same game completely untouched, just mostly untouched.

And personally, I would be fine with this caliber of release if Blizzard didn't have a rap sheet of scandals/controversies under their belt--both in & out of the Diablo sphere. I'd also wager that I'm quite far from being alone in holding this opinion.

This company has spent the last few years acting as a trash tier corporation, dumping in the laps of their fanbase, & because of that it's hard for me to view this Diablo 2 game as anything other than some low energy attempt to cypher more money from the pockets of the people whom they exploit.
chaostyle
Heretic
428 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:
Conquest wrote:
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:

Except this D2 game isn't going to be the same game completely untouched, just mostly untouched.

And personally, I would be fine with this caliber of release if Blizzard didn't have a rap sheet of scandals/controversies under their belt--both in & out of the Diablo sphere. I'd also wager that I'm quite far from being alone in holding this opinion.

This company has spent the last few years acting as a trash tier corporation, dumping in the laps of their fanbase, & because of that it's hard for me to view this Diablo 2 game as anything other than some low energy attempt to cypher more money from the pockets of the people whom they exploit.

Finally someone with common sense!

Take my cookie!