Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discuss Median XL!
npnl19
Destroyer
7 | 0
I thought D2 supposed to be the game out of three that needed changes and rebalance the most.. Instead they decided to bring SC:BW analogy which is so different (actually balanced and with a long time living pro-scene).. and "to learn from mistakes" from WC3, and leave it untoched at 1.14d atm. lol.
Graphics are not reasons people went into mods like Median or ProjectD2 or whatever..
ApEEmPeROR
Destroyer
7 | 0
I really wish D2:R was more of a remake than a remaster. They should add a legacy mode for people who want the old experience(brocken balance, no endgame etc.) and a new mode for people who want a new endgame, items, builds etc.

Let's all hope that the new "modding support" will be decent so that we might get a chance for a D2:R Median XL mod. Unfortunately, with D2:R moving over to the new battle.net, I doubt that we'll have the option to connect to private realms.
BigBKH
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
npnl19 wrote:Graphics are not reasons people went into mods like Median or ProjectD2 or whatever..

Blizzard is currently out of touch and has been dumb as fuck for years now. D2 remaster for $60 is a pretty easy cash grab. Wondering when they're gonna make the LoD remaster for $60
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
BigBKH wrote:
npnl19 wrote:Graphics are not reasons people went into mods like Median or ProjectD2 or whatever..

Blizzard is currently out of touch and has been dumb as fuck for years now. D2 remaster for $60 is a pretty easy cash grab. Wondering when they're gonna make the LoD remaster for $60

Is it not LoD? It has druid and assassin and act5 :thonk
BigBKH
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
it was a joke and a hyperbole
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
60 fps + large wide screen support is all i wanted from d2 remaster
resurrected fill that gap, with 3d lighting at top of it (watch the developer comment, it is 3d engine yo!)

playing sorceress or druid would be fun especially fire or lightning.
but i didnt see pally aura, but if that aura glow in the dark that would be super neat.

Additionally would be QoL stuff like shared stash. Although i would be just happy with a simple unlimited respec.
Will I spend money to play d2 resurrected? Sadly now, I have too big of game backlog as I have been play same game for long time now.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Okay but here's the real question, & I'm gonna need every tech nerd in here's opinion on this, because I know absolutely nothing about this stuff...

So mods like Median XL build off of the original code, right? After this new D2 game releases, how daunting of a task would it be for the Median XL team to essentially transfer this game over to D2 Resurrected in order to give us Median XL in 3D?

Cuz lets be real, I am not paying these clowns ~$50 to do Baal runs w/ 18 y/o builds in 3D. But, I certainly would pay these clowns ~$50 if it meant I could play Median XL Resurrected.
Edited by MeatSlinger3000 3 years.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1. Technically you still have to buy the game to play medianxl
2. Depending if the game still kept the old spreadsheet format or they changed
3. Sigma already modified codebase of normal cLoD, so it cant be bring to resurrected 100%
4. Im sure i saw somewhere about modder support, although i dont think it will be to a point where they will promote it in the game.
5. Matching data from the mod to 3d effect will be huge task as well.

at least they how i understand how resurrected & sigma was developed, it will not be easy plug & play as you thought
can take couple of months or years.

probably some simple mod will come out first (the one that only modified spreadsheet)
a drop mod alone might be fun

just take note that blizzard is still keep the multiplayer system like before.
closed battle net (data stored in their server) and local single player
I have no idea who have control for tcp/ip (i dont think they will keep this) or open battle net though
they dont want the server to be filled with bots and hacker after all

EDITED:
Added link to all info you need from official tweet here : https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1362937581177077767
MOD SUPPORT

Why you would want to manipulate this Hell? Are you some sort of demon yourself? Woe! Yes, mod support will be here in Diablo II. I beg of you to go easy on a poor old man.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Some relevant information here: https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-2-resurrected-release-date-alpha-changes/

Notable information derived from the article:
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
iwansquall wrote:1. Technically you still have to buy the game to play medianxl

Why would I have to buy D2 Resurrected to play the current version of Median XL?