Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discuss Median XL!
broda1982
Imp
4 | 0
Mods for D2R will be created anyway, whether it be some other or Median, what's the difference.
The fact that someone does not want him on D2r, it does not matter how interested he is, it will arise anyway!
Sandraptor
Vampiress
39 | 6
Wotan wrote:Why would anyone waste their time arguing or commenting on something that pointless? Let me tell you now, Median doesn't need D2R and not the other way around.

No one that enjoys median thinks it needs it, but I and many others would love to play median with revamped graphics. You’re happy to disagree and stick with pixelated blobs but others want it and will always want it regardless of whether it’s feasible or not
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well, it's also a good option for people who want to try modding themselves. Since they're supporting mods, they should have an editor, right? Depending on how complex and how easy to use the modding tool will be, it could give a little insight into coding without using coding language and thus spawn more people interested in creating games with a proper engine. And who knows? Maybe someone creates a new game mode like it was the case for DotA? The warcraft 3 editor for example was pretty good. Having something along those lines for a Diablo game with awesome graphics? Sure, I'll take it just to mess around with the gamefiles myself and see what happens.

In addition to that Brother Laz confirmed he would create something in D2R, be it median XL from 2013 or something new entirely. Isn't that already worth checking out?
rngbeast
Vampiress
39 | 0
From what I read, people believe that mods are going to be offline only. With the game running on new battlenet platform, we won't be able to host our own realms/ladders etc. That would really kill it for me, I only play online with friends and being able to trade items is a big part of it.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
rngbeast wrote:From what I read, people believe that mods are going to be offline only. With the game running on new battlenet platform, we won't be able to host our own realms/ladders etc. That would really kill it for me, I only play online with friends and being able to trade items is a big part of it.

Just use TCP/IP if that's the case
MY4SG4
Thunder Beetle
50 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ParticuLarry wrote:Well, it's also a good option for people who want to try modding themselves. Since they're supporting mods, they should have an editor, right? Depending on how complex and how easy to use the modding tool will be, it could give a little insight into coding without using coding language and thus spawn more people interested in creating games with a proper engine. And who knows? Maybe someone creates a new game mode like it was the case for DotA? The warcraft 3 editor for example was pretty good. Having something along those lines for a Diablo game with awesome graphics? Sure, I'll take it just to mess around with the gamefiles myself and see what happens.

In addition to that Brother Laz confirmed he would create something in D2R, be it median XL from 2013 or something new entirely. Isn't that already worth checking out?
good point! Btw alot of my friends don't event wants to check Median / Diablo cause of old graphics..
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MY4SG4 wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:Well, it's also a good option for people who want to try modding themselves. Since they're supporting mods, they should have an editor, right? Depending on how complex and how easy to use the modding tool will be, it could give a little insight into coding without using coding language and thus spawn more people interested in creating games with a proper engine. And who knows? Maybe someone creates a new game mode like it was the case for DotA? The warcraft 3 editor for example was pretty good. Having something along those lines for a Diablo game with awesome graphics? Sure, I'll take it just to mess around with the gamefiles myself and see what happens.

good point! Btw alot of my friends don't event wants to check Median / Diablo cause of old graphics..

Yeah I convinced a couple of friends to play median as well. Unfortunately they all left after act 1 normal because they said: "This game doesn't look good." and "this game isn't up-to-date with normal QoL elements seen in other games"

Really sucks because they're missing out. Plus the latter one isn't even true. We have shortcuts, we have auto gold pickup... it's already up to date. But well, I guess they just didn't want to get too invested into a game that doesn't look too well.

I guess that at least wouldn't be an issue in D2R.

Just to grow the community significantly it would already be worth transitioning or start writing Median from scratch in D2R. But I guess most things aren't even possible, and be it minor things like the sprites taken from other game that were included in Median.

On the other hand, it seems likely that they will add a method to insert new models that were crafted in other programs like Blender. If that function isn't there at the very least, I'll be very disappointed.
Dadplaysgames4
Core Lord
367 | 9
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
[/quote]

Yeah I convinced a couple of friends to play median as well. Unfortunately they all left after act 1 normal because they said: "This game doesn't look good." and "this game isn't up-to-date with normal QoL elements seen in other games"

[/quote]

I don't get it either. Iv'e had a few try out mxl and quit for pretty much the same reason, or it is flat out too difficult for them (lmfao just Duncraig-Teganze) What is more frustrating is that these same people ask for "more content" from the mods that they play (PoD-PD2) when in reality the other mods should or already have taken ideas from mxl.

The thing is, this mod isn't for all "d2 players." With that being said the content here is challenging enough to even drive away semi-experienced players. But it's also shitty that they can't have "fun" just playing the mod, when they will go and do that for the others.

I also believe that there is just too much attention/over-hype for D2R, when those that bought the nostalgia cash-grab are bored after another 10000000000 Baal runs and maybe some ubers: they will be looking for a mod to play.

8-) 2.0 coming, can't wait
Trashkitten
Stone Warrior
31 | 4
Wasn't one of the biggest problems with the WC3 remaster that people *wanted* most of the sweeping QoL changes promised in the previews and were (justifiably) mad that they were bait-and-switched into nothing more than a graphical upgrade? Seems weird that Blizzard is doubling-down on that 'no big changes' line but no one's accused them of making good decisions lately.

As for the remaster itself... it looks like Path of Diablo now. And why would I pay sixty USD for that when Path of Exile, as much of a mixed bag as that game is, has had comparable graphics despite being a number of years older, better support, far less demanding PC requirements, IS FREE, and has far better QoL improvements over base D2?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Dadplaysgames4 wrote:I don't get it either. Iv'e had a few try out mxl and quit for pretty much the same reason, or it is flat out too difficult for them (lmfao just Duncraig-Teganze) What is more frustrating is that these same people ask for "more content" from the mods that they play (PoD-PD2) when in reality the other mods should or already have taken ideas from mxl.

The thing is, this mod isn't for all "d2 players." With that being said the content here is challenging enough to even drive away semi-experienced players. But it's also shitty that they can't have "fun" just playing the mod, when they will go and do that for the others.

I also believe that there is just too much attention/over-hype for D2R, when those that bought the nostalgia cash-grab are bored after another 10000000000 Baal runs and maybe some ubers: they will be looking for a mod to play.

8-) 2.0 coming, can't wait

Funny that you mention difficulty, because my friends mentioned the early game is boring and doesn't make them want to progress, because it's too easy. But I agree, the later content is pretty hard to pull off.

And I think people somehow confuse "fun" with "I'm the best pro player!". Because some of the best moments in my gaming career came to fruition because people didn't want to challenge each other all the time. Sure, being the best is pretty neat, and it feels rewarding, but that only lasts for a short time. However, moments where you try out funny things in games AND it pays off are the best things I've experienced so far and will always have a special place in my heart. But well, everyone plays with different goals in mind.

Trashkitten wrote:Wasn't one of the biggest problems with the WC3 remaster that people *wanted* most of the sweeping QoL changes promised in the previews and were (justifiably) mad that they were bait-and-switched into nothing more than a graphical upgrade? Seems weird that Blizzard is doubling-down on that 'no big changes' line but no one's accused them of making good decisions lately.

As for the remaster itself... it looks like Path of Diablo now. And why would I pay sixty USD for that when Path of Exile, as much of a mixed bag as that game is, has had comparable graphics despite being a number of years older, better support, far less demanding PC requirements, IS FREE, and has far better QoL improvements over base D2?

I for one, can't get warm with PoE. I tried it too many times, but it's just lacking in terms of interesting monsters imho. The bosses are okay, but I just don't like games where monsters are nothing more than walking targets. And as far as I've reached monster mechanics were simply boring (Act 8 if I remember correctly). Add to that the way too confusing (not the right word, but I'll take it for now) mastery tree, which I don't like at all. And I dislike that all classes can have the same skills, meaning that there's no feasible class identity, or much rather, a superficial one.

So D2R doesn't look unappealing to me tbh.