Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discuss Median XL!
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
PoE.. I got sick of spending a month grinding for gear for a build, playing it for a week, then having it nerfed into oblivion, so the gear is now worthless. Time and time again.
I did like the mix of D2 gameplay with FFX sphere grid and FFVII materia though.
Tombcarver
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
AzureGladiator wrote:
rngbeast wrote:From what I read, people believe that mods are going to be offline only. With the game running on new battlenet platform, we won't be able to host our own realms/ladders etc. That would really kill it for me, I only play online with friends and being able to trade items is a big part of it.

Just use TCP/IP if that's the case

Welp, they recently "silently" nixed that idea. Here's a quote from Blizzard's FAQ:

"TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience."

Since Median uses TCP/IP to join to the realm, I suppose this puts the quietus on making it even a possibility.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:Yey, time to revive my Pindleskin-bot.
The whole D2R is just a big joke, there are so many better games to play.

Last of the big spenders ;)

With £50 cost, not many will want to be banned.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Act 1

Act 2

Enjoy.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Tombcarver wrote:
AzureGladiator wrote:
rngbeast wrote:From what I read, people believe that mods are going to be offline only. With the game running on new battlenet platform, we won't be able to host our own realms/ladders etc. That would really kill it for me, I only play online with friends and being able to trade items is a big part of it.

Just use TCP/IP if that's the case

Welp, they recently "silently" nixed that idea. Here's a quote from Blizzard's FAQ:

"TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience."

Since Median uses TCP/IP to join to the realm, I suppose this puts the quietus on making it even a possibility.

Wow this is a huge letdown... if mods can't be used in multiplayer then I might consider requesting a refund :(
Urezzz
Bone Archer
71 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can't wait for release! I know people bash on baal runs, but at least for me I honestly can't wait. The only reason I stopped playing was because there were no lld and mld lobbies anymore. If enough people come back I believe is going to be awesome!
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I wonder how many people want to spend £50 for an old game with upgraded graphic without TCP/IP option, that need battle.net launcher to work, after disaster called Warcraft 3 Reforged xD... yeh this will be awesome to watch
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bearded_DooD wrote:I wonder how many people want to spend £50 for an old game with upgraded graphic without TCP/IP option, that need battle.net launcher to work, after disaster called Warcraft 3 Reforged xD... yeh this will be awesome to watch

+1 :D
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bearded_DooD wrote:I wonder how many people want to spend £50 for an old game with upgraded graphic without TCP/IP option, that need battle.net launcher to work, after disaster called Warcraft 3 Reforged xD... yeh this will be awesome to watch

Yeah... I was optimistic, but with the removal of TCP/IP, even Brother Laz said he won't even bother recreating Median in D2R, since private servers can still be shut down by Blizzard.

Well done Blizzard. You killed the modding community of a game that hasn't even released yet.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ParticuLarry wrote:Yeah... I was optimistic, but with the removal of TCP/IP, even Brother Laz said he won't even bother recreating Median in D2R, since private servers can still be shut down by Blizzard.
Well done Blizzard. You killed the modding community of a game that hasn't even released yet.

For the sake of clarity, BrotherLaz wasn't going to recreate old Median in D2R. He originally planned to see if his old Median version could've been ported to D2R but, after looking around a bit, he concluded that wouldn't have been feasible thanks also to the many custom assets used in the original mod that didn't have a 3D equivalent for D2R. So he decided instead to create a mod from scratch called "Firestorm" which would have featured a lvl cap of 50, no number over 1k and, most important of all, would have been heavily Multiplayer oriented. As you can imagine this project died in its crib with the latest news form Blizz.
SP mods is what D2R can have. But with code editing being prohibited, key info lacking and the switch to 3D constituting a potential big wall, is yet to be seen exactly which depth and width mods can even reach in this environment. I wouldn't recommend rising your hopes if you have any.