Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Captcha wrote:
Jampula wrote:Yey, time to revive my Pindleskin-bot.
The whole D2R is just a big joke, there are so many better games to play.

Lots of games, also lots of crap. Which games do you think are "better"? Note that you're here, playing a d2 mod on an old engine and graphics - so how good can those other games be?

Many games, one that first comes to mind is Grim Dawn, similiar setting and arpg-rules going on. And so many others that aren't arpg's so I should propably just shut up about them as it would be a moot point. I have loved Median since 2008 but I don't get how this D2R gives anything to modding-community, of course I hope it will but changes are slim.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:Many games, one that first comes to mind is Grim Dawn, similiar setting and arpg-rules going on. And so many others that aren't arpg's so I should propably just shut up about them as it would be a moot point. I have loved Median since 2008 but I don't get how this D2R gives anything to modding-community, of course I hope it will but changes are slim.

I tried Grim Dawn but got bored with the "everything happens at melee range" design.

I'd have thought the obvious things D2R gives to the modding community are:

1. The ability to mod without needing to hack into game files and code and

2. Modern graphics in D2.

The first is important because it means modding can be done by people without technical skills - which hopefully means more mods being created. I may wait to buy it to see how many mods are created (and in the meantime the price will drop).
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Grim Dawn only revolves around the different kinds of barbarian. The game is truncated to the limit to hit as many casuals as possible. No FCR, FHR, FBR, ES of all this mechanics. Too simple.

D2R give it a rest, it's cashgrab. Anyway, nothing from Blizzard after they cheated W3 players.

Last Epoch looks good. Some time ago it was possible to download eary acess from the net. If the price does not change, I take it immediately.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Didn't like Grim Dawn all that much, either. There's a mod for it, however, called Reign of Terror. That one's really good, it turns Grim Dawn to a mix between Grim Dawn and D2, has better endgame than cLoD, and is not as slow/boring as clod. Really recommend it. I wish the endgame there would be more similar to median, though.
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If they make cool mod platform and someone create mod like MXL, it would be cool. But after 20 years selling just "new graphic" is ridiculous. I want new skills, new items, new endgame content, QoL changes (not just autogold pickup :D). Otherwise I better go play WoW, Dota, MXL...
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I read somewhere that Blizzard is unlikely to patch D2R after release for some reasons I forgot. That's definitely a downside since having other QoL features added later is pretty much unlikely.
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
Ressurection is good enough for Blizzard, but not good enough for me
Edited by PodolskyV 2 years.
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
Myxir wrote:Image

Imo this graphic is awful, feel like many mods have better textures than that, but its just maybe me :derp:

But the one change that I really like is shared stash.

This realy looks as shit. Also some spells looks very poor. Overal Image sometimes looks pale and non-contrast. Ok, they made it in 3d, so it's tricky to recreate original visual style combined with new lighting and other effects, but why they draw that garbage for items in the inventory? They could just use neuronet Ai to upscale original bitmaps! It wold be much better and cheap aswell.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
The thought of going back to vanilla makes me cringe after so many years of chocolate.
Blizzard is just going for a cash grab because they can't make anything good these days.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Haven't tried Grim Dawn, but Path of Exile 2 seems like a good alternative. I dabbled in the original a bit and it's pretty amazing the amount of content they pack into one game. It takes quite some time to learn how everything works though. Median's advantage is that it isn't overly complicated, yet still has a good amount of endgame stuff to do. It's a good balance. Base Resurrected will grow stale fast compared to these, but I look forward to seeing how the new mods are. That's where the real deal breaker is.