Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discuss Median XL!
skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
With all due respect to the excellent work done on visuals in median, I think median proved its not a graphics overhaul the original really needed
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Omg, they deleted one row of inventory space fucking idiots :D
weedjinn
Skeleton
2 | 0
ive just read that diablo 2 remastered or resurrected however you want to name it will support mods. however these mods need to be developed again, no old mods will work. as soon as i heard this, i thought about the possibility of playing median xl with high definition in an overhauled game. its like a dream coming true.
Faulk
Djinn
527 | 8
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Dadplaysgames4 wrote:$55 to do Baal runs again? with a little bit of sprinkles on top? Not sold

Yea I'm with you, I like it a lot visually but I'll pass if there is no new content.
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
The action is a bit stiff, although the picture has improved, I still look forward to medianxl2.0 :coolstorybob:
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Kinda weird if you ask me.

The first key feature was the graphics. https://diablo2.blizzard.com/en-us/#visuals
That also includes a frame-skip for the old version just to make the new version look smoother in the preview.

Next key feature is the cross-progression. If only there wasn't the "Cross-progression requires a linked Battle.net account and separate Diablo II: Resurrected purchase for each supporting platform." So if you indeed want to play Diablo2 on your pc, your tablet, your PS5, and most importantly your phone, you need to buy 4 copies.

The next key feature is basically an in-build plugy. But without unlimited stash. But no worries, I'm sure they'll add a DLC for more stash pages. At least that's what the interface already looks like.

So all in all there are 2 features that would justify buying it: the graphics and shared stash.

Are there any news about how breakpoints work in that game? That would ruin or make the game depending on the answer. For me at least.
arepakiller
Destroyer
6 | 0
weedjinn wrote:ive just read that diablo 2 remastered or resurrected however you want to name it will support mods. however these mods need to be developed again, no old mods will work. as soon as i heard this, i thought about the possibility of playing median xl with high definition in an overhauled game. its like a dream coming true.

Indeed, I love median XL, but getting the HD? man I can't tell how manty hours I tried for that
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
they probably had to sacrifice visuals for easier port to consoles so it looks a bit cartoonish.

the game will probably not be updated gameplay-wise at first for many different reasons so if you're looking for a new experience i don't think it will offer much. still, the game getting attention is always nice
ViolentSweed
Fallen
1 | 0
ParticuLarry wrote:Are there any news about how breakpoints work in that game? That would ruin or make the game depending on the answer. For me at least.

As was mentioned in the Deep Dive, the graphical upgrade is layered on-top of the original game. So all the breakpoints works exactly the same in 3D mode as they do in 2D mode. You can also change between the two on the fly.

Another thing they changed from the original game, ALL uniques now have proper 3D art. I for one is fucking excited for this remaster.
acekard
Acid Prince
49 | 4
hope mxl development doesn't get affected in a bad way cuz of it. otherwise it's cool and all, but apart from updated graphics it brings nothing new to the table. well, at least guys who still play vanilla will probably find this release interesting.