Diablo 2 Resurrected

Discuss Median XL!
mapleForge
Skeleton
2 | 0
Median XL with updated graphics would definitely be great and the only reason I'd even buy this remaster. However, As others have already mentioned, going back to vanilla D2 after playing modded is just not something that's worth it due to the huge difference in QoL features and difference in content.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Sorry guys, but are u freaking kidding me??? (getting mad with blizzard not u :P)
Look at those insane minimum system reqs to play this thing!!! Just some sprinkles and some 3d modeling requiring a hi pc to play??? There are a lot of better graphics and bigger games like skyrim and doesn't take half of those reqs!!!
Maybe this can be low for first country ppl, but for a Brazilian guy like me, this is expensive as fk. No way buying a pc like this to play X.x

Minimum Requirements

Processor: Intel Core i3-3250/AMD FX-4350
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850
RAM: 8 GB
HDD Space Requiried: 30 GB
Resolution: 1280 x 720
Operating System: Windows® 10
Recommended Specifications

Processor: Intel® Core i5-9600k/AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Storage: 30 GB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
ApEEmPeROR
Destroyer
7 | 0
kakaraposa wrote:Sorry guys, but are u freaking kidding me??? (getting mad with blizzard not u :P)
Look at those insane minimum system reqs to play this thing!!! Just some sprinkles and some 3d modeling requiring a hi pc to play??? There are a lot of better graphics and bigger games like skyrim and doesn't take half of those reqs!!!
Maybe this can be low for first country ppl, but for a Brazilian guy like me, this is expensive as fk. No way buying a pc like this to play X.x

Minimum Requirements

Those requirements are there to assure the customer that he will have a decent experience if he meets them. I'm pretty sure that it can probably run decent on lower specs, but they just don't want to take any risks here. Comparing it to Skyrim is actually a good idea because that will show you how different they are in terms of technology and why D2:R is having those requirements:

Skyrim
1) Mostly static lights with a few dynamic light sources here and there if the performance allows it(keep in mind that the game is pretty old and needed to be optimized for consoles).
2) No PBR
3) Mostly blurry low res textures until you download official packs or mods
4) You only fight a few enemies, which are only affected by either no or only a few effects(e.g. posion etc) most of the time which makes the computations easier
5) Single player, which means that only the actions/effects of one player need to be considered

D2:R
1) Afaik mostly or only dynamic lights
2) PBR
3) Judging by the needed storage size probably a lot of high res/poly textures/meshes
4) You fight hordes of enemies, sometimes up to ~50-100 on the screen, which can be under the influence of a lot of different effects(e.g auras, curses etc.). This is a major problem of any Diablo type game as we've seen with the performance problems in D3 and PoE and similar games.
5) Up to 8 players - which means that you can theoretically have 8 players at the same time performing performance heavy actions(e.g spells with crazy effects)
Dadplaysgames4
Core Lord
367 | 9
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kakaraposa wrote:Sorry guys, but are u freaking kidding me??? (getting mad with blizzard not u :P)

Minimum Requirements

yeahh..... pretty lame. Wait until Lost Ark hits the west then we will see who has the graphics in arpg 8-)
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
ApEEmPeROR wrote:

Minimum Requirements

Those requirements are there to assure the customer that he will have a decent experience if he meets them. I'm pretty sure that it can probably run decent on lower specs, but they just don't want to take any risks here. Comparing it to Skyrim is actually a good idea because that will show you how different they are in terms of technology and why D2:R is having those requirements:

Skyrim
1) Mostly static lights with a few dynamic light sources here and there if the performance allows it(keep in mind that the game is pretty old and needed to be optimized for consoles).
2) No PBR
4) You only fight a few enemies, which are only affected by either no or only a few effects(e.g. posion etc) most of the time which makes the computations easier
5) Single player, which means that only the actions/effects of one player need to be considered

2) PBR
3) Judging by the needed storage size probably a lot of high res/poly textures/meshes
4) You fight hordes of enemies, sometimes up to ~50-100 on the screen, which can be under the influence of a lot of different effects(e.g auras, curses etc.). This is a major problem of any Diablo type game as we've seen with the performance problems in D3 and PoE and similar games.
5) Up to 8 players - which means that you can theoretically have 8 players at the same time performing performance heavy actions(e.g spells with crazy effects)

I'm pretty noob about hardwares, light effects and others, soh i couldn't really understand this (i'm gonna make a research to at least understand those things u mentioned hehe)

Maybe a comparision with d3 as u sayd... are the same points or is it something a little bit more easy to compare?
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Dadplaysgames4 wrote:

Minimum Requirements

yeahh..... pretty lame. Wait until Lost Ark hits the west then we will see who has the graphics in arpg 8-)

Damm, i think i can't run lost ark neither lol
mapleForge
Skeleton
2 | 0
kakaraposa wrote:
ApEEmPeROR wrote:

Minimum Requirements

Skyrim
2) No PBR

2) PBR

I'm pretty noob about hardwares, light effects and others, soh i couldn't really understand this (i'm gonna make a research to at least understand those things u mentioned hehe)

Maybe a comparision with d3 as u sayd... are the same points or is it something a little bit more easy to compare?

Honestly the specs are really not that crazy. The minimum graphics card required is actually very old, and even the recommended 1060 is a few generations old at this point as well.

Odds are the game will have settings for the quality and density of effects to help people play this game at a smooth FPS even if your PC is not as beefy.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I would pay way too much money to see Median XL work with these new graphics...
Eternaldragon10
Bone Archer
70 | 0
buyed 40 euro is ok blizzard take my monney :bounce:
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
As i didn't like the older Median Xl Sigma versions (1.2 to 1.5) the newest versions are really good and improved the mod a lot. Balance is good, gameplay is great, fun is totally epic and i change my mind about this mod - MXL Sigma is the best D2 mod out there. No way that i am gonna play D2:R over MXL.

About D2:R i rly don't get why people are so hyped. Seems like a lot of people forgot what Activi$ion Blizzard did to WC3: Reforged. They literally downgraded and killed that game. Now Blizz announced another remaster, even more expensive (40 euro, WC3:R was 30) and how anyone can be sure that it will be good? Just because they showed 5min of gameplay? Rotfl. Blizzard = filthy liars. Thats all.

As other people mentioned, classic D2 Lord needs heavy balance tweaks and stuff to be viable in 2021 and so on. It won't be done, so it will be still the same D2 with broken balance but just with newer graphics. Graphics that needs GTX 1060 for smooth gameplay. What a joke. Also 16gb ram. Well my PC suits the requirements, but i know many people got worse PCs and they won't be able to enjoy D2:R.

Anyway, i started to love MXL since 3-4 months and i won't even buy D2:R. Yeah, maybe i would get it for 20 euro max... but 40 is just totally overpriced and noone is sure if Blizz will kill it, just as they killed WC3:R or no.