Discuss Median XL!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Thanks for the clarification RequiemLux! I just read some excerpts from Laz on the latest Rhykker video (who btw finally mentioned the MXL mod after I send him a mail about it, so I hope we can see an influx in players)

It's nice to have some additional info on Laz's planned projects.

And yeah, I already had a mod planned in the sense of the crucible DLC of Grim Dawn with revamped skills and classes. That however was meant to be experienced strictly in MP, so my hopes of creating this kind of mod has vanished because of the latest news.
gOnAgO
Fallen
1 | 0
I can't wait for Median XL 2.0! After Blizzard's abuse of Amazon, I won't be able to sleep. :shock:
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:Yeah... I was optimistic, but with the removal of TCP/IP, even Brother Laz said he won't even bother recreating Median in D2R, since private servers can still be shut down by Blizzard.
Well done Blizzard. You killed the modding community of a game that hasn't even released yet.

For the sake of clarity, BrotherLaz wasn't going to recreate old Median in D2R. He originally planned to see if his old Median version could've been ported to D2R but, after looking around a bit, he concluded that wouldn't have been feasible thanks also to the many custom assets used in the original mod that didn't have a 3D equivalent for D2R. So he decided instead to create a mod from scratch called "Firestorm" which would have featured a lvl cap of 50, no number over 1k and, most important of all, would have been heavily Multiplayer oriented. As you can imagine this project died in its crib with the latest news form Blizz.
SP mods is what D2R can have. But with code editing being prohibited, key info lacking and the switch to 3D constituting a potential big wall, is yet to be seen exactly which depth and width mods can even reach in this environment. I wouldn't recommend rising your hopes if you have any.

Good. I wanted it to fail. I'd rather play Median Sigma 2.0 or even 1. Gotta hit that grindset.
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Most funny thing, that D2 becomes so popular (at least for me), because of TCP/IP support. When i was a child, we played in D2 at computer club with friends, because among other RPGs, only it supports multiplayer. I remember how we were trying to kill the blood raven together... And now they decided to cut it down.
Ugotcrabs
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I refunded this after beating act 2 lol was boring
gunnzan
Destroyer
7 | 1
It's such a shame that Blizzard still is salty about DOTA and haven't learned the RIGHT lesson yet.
copsychus
Skeleton
2 | 0
Ugotcrabs wrote:I refunded this after beating act 2 lol was boring

It should be boring because the content look exactly the same with classic , right ?
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Well because content IS exactly the same. They just grab the old shit, put it in new shiny paper and sell it to you for £50. (well not shit but u know...)
copsychus
Skeleton
2 | 0
I really wish Median XL also released with this remaster D2 as well.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bearded_DooD wrote:Well because content IS exactly the same. They just grab the old shit, put it in new shiny paper and sell it to you for £50. (well not shit but u know...)

The key difference will be that it's moddable. I might enjoy a bit of nostalgia running round the old d2 game on B.Net for a while, but that will get old. What will make the game great is to have moddable d2 with modern 4k graphics etc. The success or otherwise depends on what the modding community do with it, which means they need to expose all the features the community wants.

I'm looking forward to both MXL 2.0 and D2R tbh.