Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Bestendigo wrote:As i didn't like the older Median Xl Sigma versions (1.2 to 1.5) the newest versions are really good and improved the mod a lot. Balance is good, gameplay is great, fun is totally epic and i change my mind about this mod - MXL Sigma is the best D2 mod out there. No way that i am gonna play D2:R over MXL.

About D2:R i rly don't get why people are so hyped. Seems like a lot of people forgot what Activi$ion Blizzard did to WC3: Reforged. They literally downgraded and killed that game. Now Blizz announced another remaster, even more expensive (40 euro, WC3:R was 30) and how anyone can be sure that it will be good? Just because they showed 5min of gameplay? Rotfl. Blizzard = filthy liars. Thats all.

As other people mentioned, classic D2 Lord needs heavy balance tweaks and stuff to be viable in 2021 and so on. It won't be done, so it will be still the same D2 with broken balance but just with newer graphics. Graphics that needs GTX 1060 for smooth gameplay. What a joke. Also 16gb ram. Well my PC suits the requirements, but i know many people got worse PCs and they won't be able to enjoy D2:R.

Anyway, i started to love MXL since 3-4 months and i won't even buy D2:R. Yeah, maybe i would get it for 20 euro max... but 40 is just totally overpriced and noone is sure if Blizz will kill it, just as they killed WC3:R or no.

2 words:
► Show Spoiler
Dr_Hack_n_Quack
Invader
8 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
as someone who's played a lot of project 1999:

playing a game exactly as it was when you were younger sounds really appealing. i found that i changed as a person, and no longer wanted to tolerate the significant design issues. bugs, balance, drop rates, lack of content, etc.

at the time these games were all there was, but we have better options now.
Edited by Dr_Hack_n_Quack 1 year.
ApEEmPeROR
Destroyer
7 | 0
Bestendigo wrote:As i didn't like the older Median Xl Sigma versions (1.2 to 1.5) the newest versions are really good and improved the mod a lot. Balance is good, gameplay is great, fun is totally epic and i change my mind about this mod - MXL Sigma is the best D2 mod out there. No way that i am gonna play D2:R over MXL.

About D2:R i rly don't get why people are so hyped. Seems like a lot of people forgot what Activi$ion Blizzard did to WC3: Reforged. They literally downgraded and killed that game. Now Blizz announced another remaster, even more expensive (40 euro, WC3:R was 30) and how anyone can be sure that it will be good? Just because they showed 5min of gameplay? Rotfl. Blizzard = filthy liars. Thats all.

As other people mentioned, classic D2 Lord needs heavy balance tweaks and stuff to be viable in 2021 and so on. It won't be done, so it will be still the same D2 with broken balance but just with newer graphics. Graphics that needs GTX 1060 for smooth gameplay. What a joke. Also 16gb ram. Well my PC suits the requirements, but i know many people got worse PCs and they won't be able to enjoy D2:R.

Anyway, i started to love MXL since 3-4 months and i won't even buy D2:R. Yeah, maybe i would get it for 20 euro max... but 40 is just totally overpriced and noone is sure if Blizz will kill it, just as they killed WC3:R or no.

The lack of any balance changes for D2:R or any new endgame content is also what worries me the most. I do understand that they just want their old games with new graphics and that's ok as long as the base game is interesting and playable for a long time. StarCraft:Remastered was actually pretty decent and it stayed true to the core game, which is obviously one of the best, if not the best RTS game ever made and also the most balanced one, so they didn't really have to add anything which would have destroyed said perfect balance. Unfortunately, even with such a simple task, Blizzard screwed certain things up to a certain extent. Afaik, there still is no team match making for any other gamemode than 1v1(several years after its release, lol!) and Blizzard ran into many other beginner mistakes like chat channels not working, terrible latency, etc.

Warcraft 3:Reforged was obviously a complete disaster and I think they've learned from that, which is why they to want to stay as true as possible to the Diablo 2 core game to not cause another shitstorm by the majority of D2 fans because they've changed their precious classic D2, altough D2 is the only game, out of the three big classics, that would actually need new content and balance changes. But I honestly see things more optimistic this time because the team behind D2:R doesn't seem to be tainted by the usual Blizzard philosophy and they've shown in the past that they can do great remasters. I would assume if D2:R is a success, they will probably add more content and maybe introduce balance changes. The most interesting thing for us obviously is the new mod support.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
the whole industry is so greedy and creatively bankrupt theyd rather shit up and sell you a remaster that nobody really asked for then make a good game for once
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
bapcja wrote:the whole industry is so greedy and creatively bankrupt theyd rather shit up and sell you a remaster that nobody really asked for then make a good game for once

Why make a lot of effort and charge you 80$ when I could instead make no effort and charge you 80$? :GalaxyBrain:

We gamers got screwed the moment making games became profitable. A short term solution is to stop preordering games and only buy things that have good reviews following 1-2 weeks after release.
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Wulf wrote:
bapcja wrote:the whole industry is so greedy and creatively bankrupt theyd rather shit up and sell you a remaster that nobody really asked for then make a good game for once

Why make a lot of effort and charge you 80$ when I could instead make no effort and charge you 80$? :GalaxyBrain:

We gamers got screwed the moment making games became profitable. A short term solution is to stop preordering games and only buy things that have good reviews following 1-2 weeks after release.

This is what have already been doing. I got burned exactly one time on a game I got early and that was enough for me to learn my lesson.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ApEEmPeROR wrote:The lack of any balance changes for D2:R or any new endgame content is also what worries me the most. I do understand that they just want their old games with new graphics and that's ok as long as the base game is interesting and playable for a long time. StarCraft:Remastered was actually pretty decent and it stayed true to the core game, which is obviously one of the best, if not the best RTS game ever made and also the most balanced one, so they didn't really have to add anything which would have destroyed said perfect balance. Unfortunately, even with such a simple task, Blizzard screwed certain things up to a certain extent. Afaik, there still is no team match making for any other gamemode than 1v1(several years after its release, lol!) and Blizzard ran into many other beginner mistakes like chat channels not working, terrible latency, etc.

Warcraft 3:Reforged was obviously a complete disaster and I think they've learned from that, which is why they to want to stay as true as possible to the Diablo 2 core game to not cause another shitstorm by the majority of D2 fans because they've changed their precious classic D2, altough D2 is the only game, out of the three big classics, that would actually need new content and balance changes. But I honestly see things more optimistic this time because the team behind D2:R doesn't seem to be tainted by the usual Blizzard philosophy and they've shown in the past that they can do great remasters. I would assume if D2:R is a success, they will probably add more content and maybe introduce balance changes. The most interesting thing for us obviously is the new mod support.

They also screwed up the Starcraft remaster. They fixed some of the stuff they broke by patching for like 2-3 years straight after that (and added some cool new features), but still didn't solve some of the biggest problems (2v2 ladder, racepicking, unmerge default chat channels, ...). If they hadn't screwed up at the launch, the Starcraft population would be a few times higher right now (plus they'd have more sales), and the players would be having a better experience right now.

The SC remaster isn't bad, but it isn't that good, either.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
The biggest problem for me would be playing on blizzards servers. My ideal would be Median XL with the new graphics.
momope
Bone Archer
78 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
https://diablo2.io/resurrected/

for all your info needs, not sure if this has been posted yet
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
This reminds me, did they say anything about open and closed battlenet? If open is a thing, then there's going to be cheats galore.