question about desirable stats for unholy-din

Discuss Median XL!
modestaxis
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hi started playing again not long ago9 and im having a lot of fun, i made a unholy-din with skill selection very similar to https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.p ... 1552#link1 (blood knight guide) I did not follow this build while i was making the character but latter on when i was looking at his gear selection for inspiration. it seems the author really value FCR instead of IAS and that seems really confusing to me since it seems all my skill (terror strike and bloodthorn) seem to use the attack 1 animation. is there something im not getting?

im level 72ish in terror act 3 getting ready for enead and level challenge 2. i have around 120k deffence with terror srtike and 75 all res and 80% fhr but i still die quite fast (most recently got raped by thos elite mosquito in kurast sewer almost died instantly). im using ( all unique and tier 6), crown , aerias shield, war sword, heavy plate belt, "the golem" gothic plate?, heavy chainglove, and heavy boots,
i understand i should be looking to craft my new gear or maybe honorific? enead and level 2 challenge are approaching soon and im scared ill have alot of trouble. what are the stats i should really be looking for?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You're playing a spell based melee character but using all weapon damage items.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
For some reason my brain automatically assumed you were playing a holy melee pally for a second lol.

You can get pretty far with TU gear. Queen of glass armor, honorific gloves/boots, TU pally shield/helm....
modestaxis
Destroyer
6 | 0
But what about the fcr/is question thats the most puzzling question to me since when i cast terror strike and bloodthorn the pally does his attack animation wich is governed by ias not his cast animation( pump in the air / hammerdin cast animation in d2) and ias seemed to make me cast it faster.

I know my item are not the best offensivelly but i prioritized defencive stat over spelldamage and spell factor also im currently heavily investing in dex to raise block chance, is that a good idea?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
modestaxis wrote:But what about the fcr/is question thats the most puzzling question to me since when i cast terror strike and bloodthorn the pally does his attack animation wich is governed by ias not his cast animation( pump in the air / hammerdin cast animation in d2) and ias seemed to make me cast it faster.

I know my item are not the best offensivelly but i prioritized defencive stat over spelldamage and spell factor also im currently heavily investing in dex to raise block chance, is that a good idea?

Your block chance will be 100% garbage without charms and much higher stats/gear. Not worth investment til later on
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What do you mean seems to favor FCR? On the breabpoints-section Stealthmaster clearly states to look for IAS and FHR.
modestaxis
Destroyer
6 | 0
Jampula wrote:What do you mean seems to favor FCR? On the breabpoints-section Stealthmaster clearly states to look for IAS and FHR.

oh god im so dumb i just looked at his early game item build nd it was full of fcr item and i assumed he was looking for those... im such a retard sometimes.
Marbles
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
:)

Unholy Melee is good. Get FR/W and walk. Kite mobs into blood thorns; standing still is dangerous. 'Black Sleep' can be useful (Trial of Blood and Knowledge). Higher levels of 'Hymn' are really nice.

I haven't played one this patch, but he was strong in XVI, doubt that much has changed regarding him however. UnHolyMelee is a build that just keeps getting stronger and is good for yShari and Triune, IMO. Like LH says, at this point the most you'll get is like 3-4% block if you pump dex; just not worth it. STR for gear and a comfy mix of VIT/ENRGY

That Blood Knight guide is pretty sweet, good stuff.