the void - boss mechanics?

Discuss Median XL!
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
im trying to figure what exactly causes damage to lilith.

aside from the obvious are there any reflect mechanics happening?

i have a video with 2 lilith deaths below where i cannot identify the cause of death, perhaps someone has more insight into this?

Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
That's kind of funny. I think it's invisible frozen orbs :mrgreen: When you walk away at 0:08, you get dmg'd a bunch ice projectiles. I think you kiting around Inarius causes desync problems, so the ice balls don't show (this is especially prevalent online).

I'd try to keep him in place using elemental summons instead of kiting in circle.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Wulf wrote:That's kind of funny. I think it's invisible frozen orbs :mrgreen: When you walk away at 0:08, you get dmg'd a bunch ice projectiles. I think you kiting around Inarius causes desync problems, so the ice balls don't show (this is especially prevalent online).

I'd try to keep him in place using elemental summons instead of kiting in circle.

huh interesting, do you think that's the case in the 2nd death as well? i didn't get hit by anything in the 2nd instance, although that could have been luck.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Keep Andariel away from the frozen orbs. You can scare her off or you can pop the balls preemtively . She is 3-4 orbs away from death. Inarius can be damaged only in the red circle which is spawned by Andariel.
Basic strategy is to watch where the circle would spawn, and then run towards Andy and kite her off the screen. Otherwise if she is in the same screen as you, she will cast the graveyard skill (exploding zombies) and you dont want that while fighting Inarius. If you can survive the exploding zombies, you dont have to kite her, but you still need to watch for Inarius'es frozen orbs.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Wotan wrote:Keep Andariel away from the frozen orbs. You can scare her off or you can pop the balls preemtively . She is 3-4 orbs away from death. Inarius can be damaged only in the red circle which is spawned by Andariel.
Basic strategy is to watch where the circle would spawn, and then run towards Andy and kite her off the screen. Otherwise if she is in the same screen as you, she will cast the graveyard skill (exploding zombies) and you dont want that while fighting Inarius. If you can survive the exploding zombies, you dont have to kite her, but you still need to watch for Inarius'es frozen orbs.

the general strategy of this fight seems pretty easy once you realize the orb mechanic.

but my issue is the invisible damage lilith seems to be taking out of no where (see the video)

seems like wulf has identified it as possible desync issue which causes the orbs to go invisible. if this is the case maybe the developers can work a fix for this?

pretty sure the last 2 hours of trying to kill this boss has had lilith die from invisible damage. but now i know it's desync and not really an issue with what i'm doing, i can change the way i play to circumvent desync issues.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
given the adjustment, i was able to do the fight on the first try.

the invisible damage scenario still existing is a problem though.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Cancer fight without any shortcut to the final area, while the charm itself doesn't even cost 15 tg ? t4t
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Back when it was Rathma vs Mendeln, the latter would at least drop a scroll that enabled one-time shortcut.

But well, the path through planes didn't seem so long for me. Maybe it's because I haven't been farming Inarius yet (cannot kill Soul of Gluttony, got everything else quite easily).

The charm's value is not in tg, it's in 3sec teleport. You should know, really.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Seikun wrote:Back when it was Rathma vs Mendeln, the latter would at least drop a scroll that enabled one-time shortcut.

But well, the path through planes didn't seem so long for me. Maybe it's because I haven't been farming Inarius yet (cannot kill Soul of Gluttony, got everything else quite easily).

The charm's value is not in tg, it's in 3sec teleport. You should know, really.

whats your problem with my post exactly ? I just stated charm is not worth the effort once prices dropped.
You aren't even to inarius yet but feel the need to comment, how useless can you be lol
ofc its just my opinion about this fight and some could disagree, I just prefer a lot the way they made lazarus and uldy fights for ex.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
are the developers aware of the invisible orbs? can i report it as a bug?