Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
This particular boss is really pissing me off! I can do ALL ubers up to Very Hard deathless now and under 5m.... All except Astroga. That damn spider... I'm pretty sure I understand the mechanics, such as she heals from killing your minions so don't bring any, I got that, and death strike from killing darklings, so keep moving, I got that also. I stay away from totems, and yet, I find myself literally just dying to Astroga even though I avoid her grenade attacks... No apparent cause. And it's not a loss of HP, but instant death ☠️ . And to make it worse, I see she's healed like 10-20% of her health from man handling me. It seems she has some kind of multi-hitting attack that heals her based on the damage I receive, although I may be wrong about this. Anyway, what should probably be a 5m battle extends to 15m making trophy hunting this boss very frustrating. What are some tips and tricks I can try for Astroga for an faster kill, or better said, to not die. I'm already doing plenty of damage to the point if I didn't die so fast, she would be dead in under 60 seconds of continual damage. I think the main problem is, IDK wtf is killing me, how, or why.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
the totems heal him when you kill them, so dont kill them, getting more damage helps aswell, he hasnt got much hp, 60 seconds of continual damage means you have pretty low damage.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:This particular boss is really pissing me off! I can do ALL ubers up to Very Hard deathless now and under 5m.... All except Astroga. That damn spider... I'm pretty sure I understand the mechanics, such as she heals from killing your minions so don't bring any, I got that, and death strike from killing darklings, so keep moving, I got that also. I stay away from totems, and yet, I find myself literally just dying to Astroga even though I avoid her grenade attacks... No apparent cause. And it's not a loss of HP, but instant death ☠️ . And to make it worse, I see she's healed like 10-20% of her health from man handling me. It seems she has some kind of multi-hitting attack that heals her based on the damage I receive, although I may be wrong about this. Anyway, what should probably be a 5m battle extends to 15m making trophy hunting this boss very frustrating. What are some tips and tricks I can try for Astroga for an faster kill, or better said, to not die. I'm already doing plenty of damage to the point if I didn't die so fast, she would be dead in under 60 seconds of continual damage. I think the main problem is, IDK wtf is killing me, how, or why.

I saw a video where a Poison sorc with Qor rw in sorc armor killed astrogah in seconds with Aracnomancy.
paolo12
Cog
204 | 18
Astrogha usually kills with frozen orb when you're close to him/her/it. It also uses spike nova from time to time dealing pretty high dmg so even range chars should move to avoid it
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Helzopro wrote:the totems heal him when you kill them, so dont kill them, getting more damage helps aswell, he hasnt got much hp, 60 seconds of continual damage means you have pretty low damage.

11k-12k fridge sphere with -170 enemy cold is pretty extreme. Other bosses die in about 10 seconds. Maybe I overstated the whole 60-second thing, hard to say because I'm usually dead before my 2nd attack, even with 84-90% in all resists. No idea what Astroga is killing me with. I last longer in labs!

I did not know the totems healed her!!! Lol... I've been blasting the totems away soon as I see them, so this is most likely part of the issue I'm having. Because my dmg is so high, they destroy in a single attack on Astroga when she is near them.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
paolo12 wrote:Astrogha usually kills with frozen orb when you're close to him/her/it. It also uses spike nova from time to time dealing pretty high dmg so even range chars should move to avoid it

Is spike nova those throwing stars she lets off? I always avoid those. Is spike nova physical ? I only have 10% physical resist. This is probably what is killing me. What does it look like?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
the spike novas is war spirit (amazon reward skill), its physical but does tickle dmg. obv it will 1shot you if you have a statue debuff.
astro absorbs elemental atks a lot so even if your pierce is capped, youll still do reduced dmg compared to other bosses.

id just focus on making sure your frigid sphere doesnt touch statues. keep a big distance between you and astro -> cast 2 frigid on astro-> reposition away from summons -> 2 frigid -> reposition, etc etc -> break LoS -> clear all trash minions -> go back to astro and repeat.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I do like a pot-shot strategy for her. I clear out the big spiders first. Then I do short bursts of attacks at astrogha til he/she summons totems then I back off & clear out as many baby spiders as I can then go back to pot-shotting after the totems disappear. Rinse & repeat til she dead.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
it will 1shot you if you have a statue debuff

That's it! I didn't know what that snowflake over your head where you move like a snail was and I'm pretty sure I had it each time I was 1-shotted. Okay, hit and run tactics then, got it.

EDIT: THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! THAT WAS IT, THE CURSE! I KILLED ASTROGA IN UNDER 5M WITH LIKE 3-DEATHS USING HIT AND RUN TACTICS. THANK YOU EVERYONE AGAIN! Now I can farm that spider
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Ahem! What to do with Astro if unholy melee? Both available melee attacks destroy statues, and I'm not okay with poking Astro to death for half a hour straight.