Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
What in the actual f... sooo mad right now! I cannot figure out his mechanics! Getting the full set was long and tedious, although I really liked the monsters and level design, the lack of TP made it a real sanity endurance check. I've fought Valthek 3x now, each time getting him to 50% before level lock-out. There has to be a better way! If I wasn't wearing that stupid f-ing set, I'd of destroyed him by now, but I lose so much power without my items... the trick has to be the mechanics! So, I can see show shadow guy chasing after me and when he hits me, it's basically 2 hits I'm dead, so I think part of the trick is to avoid the shadow, which I guess is Valthek. When he stops teleporting like a bitch and starts summoning, hit him with that special attack. The two problems I'm having is, 1) I can't tell which mofo is him in a crowd, 2) when I'm using his attack against him, it does zero damage over 50%, maybe even 75% of the time. I just don't get it! I thought maybe some of his summons have to be nearby, but that does not really seem to matter far as I can tell. I'm certain I'm missing something. A little help?
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Killing him is pretty easy, but for first timers might be tricky. My strategy is to wait for him to pounce on me, immediately cast "purify" skill from the set on him and run away to a wall. That will "reset' his pounce and next time he sees you he will pounce on you immediately 90% of times. Then you just repeat this proces. And yes, there have to be some of his minions to cast purify-like skill on him. You just need to be quick with your reactions.
kortt
Core Lord
390 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yes, it was a lot more nervous for me to collect the set at level 125 than to beat Him! After 10-15 shoots (made the Trophy), it takes 5-7 minutes to kill. It is important to quickly RUN from Him and not to come very close, as the mill kills immediately.
Well, timing is very important to catch!
PS Sorry for my English :x
robomixor
Sasquatch
65 | 1
Also repec with a belladone with full vitality and max spells with life/vita /regen (maybe fhr?)
( U can also Mo/ upgrade/ enchant the set , but not very usefull )
duysir0
Lava Lord
92 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Now the full Set give zero %block (maybe 5%? idk), it's definitely harder than it used to be.
-The confident pro strat is to keep 1 of his guards alive, run around him and cast the Set's purify whenever it's up. Not recomend though, cuz the dude is a fuck wit , he constant moving n spammin. Get too close ur gonna get hit by his broadsides which melt your armors and life in secs. Server desync doesn't help. Don't do this if ur not confident or internet is shitty.
-The casual approach is to walk in and out of combat. Bait him to pounce on you, purify imediately, run away quickly. Clear adds/wait 5s, go back in and repeat the said process, rinse and repeat. Remember packing lots of HPs and also watch out for time limit.
*General knowledges:
-The whole fight revolve around about managing the guardmen, timing and baiting the boss pounce to land purify dmg.
-Pounce: Cooldown timer ~5-7s? Valthek only pounce when you are far as 1. screen away. When you stay close, he will cast his other skills instead.
+The thing to keep in min: pouncing will always put him top of ya, no matter where he standing from. So when reaching the bonezone (his HP bar show up), hover mouse just slightly Above your char and hold shift + Purify fire button (the shift is to not mess up you position if you mistargeting him, ) Maybe also prepare for a mouse flick to the left and right because he can walk right after he pounced.
-Guardmen: Lure and kill most of them. Let 3-4 guards alive so maybe they can be of help in the future when running for ur life around the arena. Ideal scenario is having only 1 Guardman when approaching the boss pounce zone and the said guardman doesn't come from/approaching you from above , or staying too close to you because he can mess up ur Purify at the moment the boss pouncing on you. Also, guardmen hits can interupt your purify.
-Boss lightning projectiles almost never 1shot u (Deal ~10k dmg). Can be blocked (and avoid?). Keep life bar full and ur good, just dont get hit by his shadow flame prior. (Maybe the nerf in dmg is why they remove the +75% block from set)
-U can get unlucky/Boss being a smartass: Sometime the boss decide to cast his shadow flame first before pouncing on you. If you choose to stay and purify him, u r a BBQ meat. Dude just run and wait for the next chance.
-Fast movement Speed and Thic life pool really help
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
I remember my first 3 tries on him I failed and got cock lock from entrance at 1-2 hits him from dead.
It takes a bit while to get used to this fight but it's really not that bad.
You probably want to level a bit more before killing him, and respec as vita build as already said, gotta respect him