Discuss Median XL!
jmarr
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi! Where is the best place to farm goblins?
So far I think that the place that appears the most is in k3k.
Is there a better location? Or another?
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
There is no best place, they appears everywhere in the game
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
From what I understood from goblin spawn, you get an invisible buff (not stackable) when killing something that last about 10 sec, during that buff there's a very small chance every frame(or something) for a goblin to spawn near you.
So indeed theorically as long as you keep killing there's no best place, as it's only time related. I think Bremmtown doesn't have them for some reason (unless I'm the unluckiest), but mostly they should have the same spawn chance everywhere, and only rift inspectors differ
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
There is no best place, but there is a best way: play with others. Goblins have increased chance to spawn for each additional player you have near you. Mind that they have to be actually near you, not just in the game with you standing in town or farming an another zone.
Splargh
Grubber
321 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:There is no best place, but there is a best way: play with others. Goblins have increased chance to spawn for each additional player you have near you. Mind that they have to be actually near you, not just in the game with you standing in town or farming an another zone.

Is there any information on how exactly the chance scales?
Does "number fo goblins spawned" scale by a factor greater then "number of players"? For example:
Do 2 players playing together (on average) get more goblins then 2 players playing separately (summed up)?
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Splargh wrote:
Istaryu wrote:There is no best place, but there is a best way: play with others. Goblins have increased chance to spawn for each additional player you have near you. Mind that they have to be actually near you, not just in the game with you standing in town or farming an another zone.

Is there any information on how exactly the chance scales?
Does "number fo goblins spawned" scale by a factor greater then "number of players"? For example:
Do 2 players playing together (on average) get more goblins then 2 players playing separately (summed up)?

there is no official data, but yeah, players ( me included) experience confirms it - be at the same zone with others, not just stand at the town. In fact, I'm interested in gathering a gang, european timeline - for this
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
IIRC each player has its own chance of spawning a goblin, it is not shared between players, thus there isn't a "general chance of spawning a goblin" that scale with the number of players, it remains the same for each player. This means that, if you have a team of 8 players, every one of them will roll its chances of spawning a goblin, and so, if said players are farming close together you could have 8 goblins spawning at the same time in the same area. It is pretty insane. The best way of farming goblins while team-playing would be to stay close; or maybe, if the characters are powerful enough to overcome the /players x effect, the process could probably be optimized by using two groups of 4 players farming in different zones. Also, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me, there is a slight difference in chances between some zones but it is less than 20%, so it shouldn't really be a concern and plays a tangible role only when considering the playerbase as a whole.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
gabriellbo22
Skeleton
2 | 0
There's no better spot, they're everywhere in the game.