What a difference

Discuss Median XL!
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
I lost an HC char, so thought I'd try her out on SC. I went into some games to ask if someone would make me a few Fautz portals. People in these games mostly ignored me, one just said "busy" and another kindly gave me one. There aren't many people play HC but the ones who do are "ALWAYS" willing to help someone out. Disappointing.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Javalad wrote:I lost an HC char, so thought I'd try her out on SC. I went into some games to ask if someone would make me a few Fautz portals. People in these games mostly ignored me, one just said "busy" and another kindly gave me one. There aren't many people play HC but the ones who do are "ALWAYS" willing to help someone out. Disappointing.

I agree. A played just a little in multi-player, but I know that some HC players can stop the game, to help an other player (ex. kill the rainbow goblin, because the other player didn't have the herald staff yet). That's why I often play single player. Even if I know that I lost some multi-player advantage.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
So, you are surprised that a smaller community is more tidy and seems more helpful than a bigger community?
There are enough helpful players on SC, but the chance to get to them is really small cause of the bigger community in which many players don't speak a word of english as well.
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Wotan wrote:So, you are surprised that a smaller community is more tidy and seems more helpful than a bigger community?
There are enough helpful players on SC, but the chance to get to them is really small cause of the bigger community in which many players don't speak a word of english as well.

Probably disappointed more than surprised. I know there will be helpful players on SC, I was maybe just unlucky.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Javalad wrote:
Wotan wrote:So, you are surprised that a smaller community is more tidy and seems more helpful than a bigger community?

Probably disappointed more than surprised. I know there will be helpful players on SC, I was maybe just unlucky.

It's also related to the time of season. The SC playerbase is significantly larger at the start/middle of the season. Most taper off as season goes on, as expected, at which point they've either quit or tested themselves in HC, which is also another reason you might get more assistance in HC, not to mention that many people who do well in HC are more inclined to help others get as far as them because its boring for them to only see lvl 20 characters and they're one of the few that get 120+.
Taem
Necrobot
2473 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
nemmate wrote:
Javalad wrote:I lost an HC char, so thought I'd try her out on SC. I went into some games to ask if someone would make me a few Fautz portals. People in these games mostly ignored me, one just said "busy" and another kindly gave me one. There aren't many people play HC but the ones who do are "ALWAYS" willing to help someone out. Disappointing.

I agree. A played just a little in multi-player, but I know that some HC players can stop the game, to help an other player (ex. kill the rainbow goblin, because the other player didn't have the herald staff yet). That's why I often play single player. Even if I know that I lost some multi-player advantage.

So by your logic, playing solo online would be the best of both worlds, so why lament the "loss" of MP when you can obviously have both. Your logic is baffling.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Taem wrote:
nemmate wrote:

So by your logic, playing solo online would be the best of both worlds, so why lament the "loss" of MP when you can obviously have both. Your logic is baffling.

When I say solo, I mean "single player offline". Sometimes I play offline, because of the problem internet. I played a little multi-player this season in SC and HC. It's just my opinion too, than I prefer play in HC in SinWar.