Discuss Median XL!
r41714
Rust Claw
86 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
its pretty strong for farming and bosses. killed astroga, xaxax, uldy pretty easy. follow the suggestions in this thread. the only change for me is to use elemental dominion to mo stag bow.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
r41714 wrote:its pretty strong for farming and bosses. killed astroga, xaxax, uldy pretty easy. follow the suggestions in this thread. the only change for me is to use elemental dominion to mo stag bow.

athulua's wrath is significant better. sure, you have less total ele damage on the bow itself from the effigies, but wrath bow gives good reanimates and additional life spark proc with an additional striking proc to trigger locust hive/asgardsreia/lifespark. reanimates make a huge difference in taking fire away from a char without innate leech to rely on every single hit, plus at that point, using an effigy stag bow is completely worthless for anything but the effigies. you dont need that extra xx-xx damage by that stage. waste of effigies and currency by that time.
dRr0x0rZZ
Pit Knight
116 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Despite not having a second
Der Nebelring
Der Nebelring
Ring

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+(20 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+15% to Summoned Minion Damage
+1000 Defense
+400 to Life
Physical Resist (4 to 6)%
+(40 to 50) Life after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius
or a first
Beads of the Snake Queen
Beads of the Snake Queen
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
4% Chance to cast level 33 Scorpion Blade on Kill
Adds 5-10 Damage
Stun Attack
+(200 to 500) Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
+100 Life after each Kill
this build is quite fast at farming Fauztinville.

kortt
Core Lord
390 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
better use SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE than PARAGON
dRr0x0rZZ
Pit Knight
116 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
kortt wrote:better use SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE than PARAGON

We're already rolling with 0 defense from having Ecstatic Frenzy active all the time, I don't think this build can survive without flat HP to tank the few hits that inevitably do connect, and the 25% HP increase from SoV is unlikely to be enough. We get full value out of Paragon, also, because we only socket with gems, including our weapon, so I can't see SoV being better.
Vatiel
Banned
31 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Curare is the best, until u are doing lab progression

so all content prior to lvl 141+ is much easier/faster with curare

Damage is survivability for bowzon,

dodging enemies skills/spells and killing enemies very quickly is what bowzon is designed to do.
dRr0x0rZZ
Pit Knight
116 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Vatiel wrote:Curare is the best, until u are doing lab progression

dodging enemies skills/spells and killing enemies very quickly is what bowzon is designed to do.

In theory I don't disagree with you -- the easiest way not to get hit is to kill enemies. But do we really struggle to do enough damage to kill the screen efficiently/quickly with Paragon instead? I feel like Curare might clear Duncraig faster, where the enemies never reach you, but there are a lot of projectiles in Fauztenville and it seems like being able to tank a few of them and not die really speeds up the run.
dRr0x0rZZ
Pit Knight
116 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Pinball wrote:Get beads queen and you will be better. Laek, %dex/str is great. I dont think you need that much pierce: asgard 30, bow 30, passive 60 ~ 120, sunstone 5, 6 bag 5 is around 135. Qtsin amulet is only better than beads when you need ele pierce badly,

And bmr sucks. Der nebel is much better with laek, flat life, pr. Get an act 1 merc and give her pantheon set or just good SU/craft with high % dex/flat dex then you melt fauzt.

Now that I've played the build a little more I'm not having so many problems with sustain. Do you feel like +200 LAEK (100 from Beads, 50 from each ring) is strictly necessary? I would love to wear the beads for the +100 LAEK but if I'm surviving just fine with only +50 it leads me to believe that 2x BMR with Beads might be just enough sustain for us to do runs anywhere outside the lab.

And yeah, overpiercing a bit with a 2x BMR/Beads setup isn't ideal but the flat rainbow damage it offers (all of which we can take advantage of with full pierce) seems significant enough to at least consider it. Missing the PR is another story, however :P
Vatiel
Banned
31 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dRr0x0rZZ wrote:
Vatiel wrote:Curare is the best, until u are doing lab progression

In theory I don't disagree with you -- the easiest way not to get hit is to kill enemies. But do we really struggle to do enough damage to kill the screen efficiently/quickly with Paragon instead? I feel like Curare might clear Duncraig faster, where the enemies never reach you, but there are a lot of projectiles in Fauztenville and it seems like being able to tank a few of them and not die really speeds up the run.

You just use movement to dodge everything in the game, its actually really easy once u get used to it.
Really the only thing that can kill us when you play it really well, is lag spikes. Lag spikes are the only threat to bowzon.

Curare is extremely viable this season compared to others in the past for bowzon-it fits easily into our typical build/setup for paragon
and gives us the extra damage/speed we always crave. I even prefer it in high labs when i have a team with tanky summons, which is typical,
because it brings our damage to the next level almost as good as a psi-sin, which otherwise you will struggle to find huge benefits for, outside
of extremely rare impossible to get upgrades.

spell damage scales our elemental damage with stag bow, and that includes poison damage, so it actually can get u instantly stupid high damage alongside
the fact that we easily get -all elemental resistances from passives/our natural gear.

Once you find your wyrmshots doing 60-100k damage instantly simply using a bella and the new poison set you will be laughing like a maniac...
which is exactly what i found myself doing.

[Edit}
This is what it looks like in endgame, but in hindsight I wish I had always just used this same build.
https://median-xl.com/acc/snapshot.php? ... 1618427082

Maybe even max ecstatic frenzy is best, with leftovers in curare in fact
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Vatiel wrote:

spell damage scales our elemental damage with stag bow, and that includes poison damage, so it actually can get u instantly stupid high damage alongside
the fact that we easily get -all elemental resistances from passives/our natural gear.

No it doesnt. The stat is called SPELL damage, and wyrmshot, phalanx and trinity arrow are not spells.

Vatiel wrote:Once you find your wyrmshots doing 60-100k damage instantly simply using a bella and the new poison set you will be laughing like a maniac...
which is exactly what i found myself doing.

That wyrmshot dmg is highly inflated by curare, so keep that in mind.

I would never thing about using curare ever, socketing amethysts will give you a huge dex boost, which will probably give you faster clear speed than curare does. Not to mention you get a crapton of hp from it.