Thoughts

Discuss Median XL!
notbehaving
Invader
8 | 1
I want to start this by saying I love this take on the game. D2 got me in to ARPGS, and this adds so much content that is fantastic and Lore dense it makes my inner lore dweeb giddy

I have some questions though,

Why is Prince Albretch is the Den of Evil? for those that don't Lore as hard as I maybe do, Prince Albretch was the Prince of Khanduras, who was kidnapped by Archbishop Lazerus, and dragged to the depths of the Cathedral in Tristram, to be inhabited by Diablo. Killed by Aiden (The Warrior Character in D1 and the Dark Wanderer) while possessed by Diablo, it seems odd that the Princes Bones are near the Rogue encampment.

Secondly, Why is Lachdanan in Travincal? He was the captain of guard for King Leoric, later murdering him after Albretch was kidnapped and Leoric went mad, becoming the Skeleton King. it would have made more sense for him to be in the ruins of Tristram, having been cursed by the Skeleton king after being laid to rest, and then being felled by Prince Aiden, Moreina (Blood Raven) and Jazreth (The Summoner in the Arcane Sanctum).

Lastly, why do bosses with Soul Stealer exist? Now before everyone jumps on me for being Bad, I have killed every boss at level 130 or less with Overkill Barb, but I do not understand why bosses like Kabraxis need to have this mechanic when he hits hard and fast enough to be hard enough without also extending the fight to almost unkillable levels. My first kill took almost 2 hours of running in circles, getting him to around 40-50%, getting clipped by a pounce followed by his meteor, then healing him for 15%. I try not to complain about difficulty, especially because Kabraxis is a very near endgame challenge, but Soul Stealer as a mechanic is overkill. the same for Astrogha. another fight that took me over an hour of getting close then having my attack clip a statue and it falls apart after that. And understand I Don't want this kind of thing removed, but perhaps the bosses rebalanced so they don't 1-2 shot you as well as being hard to fight and healing massive amounts of health every time they kill you.

and again, I love this game. I'm not going to stop playing because of this weird difficulty spikes or getting lore triggered because as stupid and convoluted as Diablo Lore is I love it, I just wanted to share my thoughts/ ask a couple questions. please keep responses to constructive.
paolo12
Cog
203 | 18
Difficulty level (which was lowered significantly in Sigma)/variety of challenges is what makes me play this mod. If it takes You 2 hours to kill any up to 130 boss in MXL then it only means that Your gear is not good enough/ You didn't overlevel it enough.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Soulstealer is to make you learn the fights instead of death rushing the bosses, but not make you restart the whole fight because those are some pretty high damage or one-shot bosses.

2 hours for your first Kabraxis and 1 hour for your first Astrogha sounds about right, honestly. They take quite a bit of time to figure out the first time through. They'll get a lot faster with practice and with better gear.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think level-locks should be removed and replaced with soulstealer, even more powerful ones to keep the challenge up. Tedious part with locks are runs to the challenge again, with soulstealer you can at least tp to somewhere near and try again.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
About 1) & 2), you're right they don't fit the lore. This is something we aim to rectify in the upcoming version.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
suchbalance wrote:About 1) & 2), you're right they don't fit the lore. This is something we aim to rectify in the upcoming version.

2 new ubers confirmed. :D
notbehaving
Invader
8 | 1
suchbalance wrote:About 1) & 2), you're right they don't fit the lore. This is something we aim to rectify in the upcoming version.

holy crap, didn't think those would be moved/changed :D
kortt
Core Lord
390 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

:pop: