Rant: Spirit of Giyua

Discuss Median XL!
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Imperius wrote:
PizzaGater wrote:giyua, laz, teleporting uldy, yshari sanctum ... I just dont bother anymore with these idiots ubers, just buy the charms lol

And thats exactly what they want you to do, this uber is the kind that most builds needs to respec unfortunately.

yeah well, uldy is not too bad/hard, just boring because teleporting like an idiot

atanna khan is the one I never even tried to do because it's just anti-fun
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Boban wrote:Yeah I love those responses: "VeRy EaSy FiGhT, JuSt PlAy PaLaDiN/sOmE oThEr Op ShIt". :wall:

Other than that, fully agree with OP. Fight is real cancer, without the timer it would be much more menageable and less frustrating in my opinion though. I play java this season, managed to kill him ONCE. And that took me like 30+ minutes, full of frustration and praying that I will not die due to some random bullshit. And I was lvl 135 with pretty good gear mind you. Good luck in hitting the invisible thing with enfilade, basically chipped it to death with split spear -_- (maybe Fairy Ring would actually work decently there, but I thought about it later haha)

About Purify being FoH style skill i cannot agree though. There are fights that depend heavily on it's current mechanics and it's not really toxic there. Take Atanna Khan for example, you have to aim Purify in small time window while avoiding her stuff. Or MCS, where you need to hit it only once but while managing ever-spawning mobs and atomic bomb drops. You still can miss, then the fight takes longer, but that is part of a challenge and it is fair in my opinion. The change would only hurt those encounters and make them absolutely trivial.

Man you have to try again with Fairy Ring, your entiere life will change
spaceleak
Cultist
24 | 1
What are some builds that can actually do this fight as it is now?

IIRC I believe I beat Giyua first try a few seasons ago on my neutraldin, this season I just can't manage it with any of my characters. One of the big problems I have is the purify CD, he spawns vulnerable nests quicker than it comes off cooldown.

I've also read about using the entire level to lure him around, admittedly haven't tried that very much but when I did it was still tough. His AI seemed like it was hard to make him chase and when he did he instantly spawned more nests. Not to mention the 50 immune spirits that group up and insta-kill you.

I'm still interested in beating the fight but probably need to respec, gieb builds!
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I'm not a big fan of the gimmicky boss fights, but ever since the lockout became a thing I've really began hating it.
The vile lockout is the reason I quit playing and drop the game for months with every new patch.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
PizzaGater wrote:
Imperius wrote:
PizzaGater wrote:giyua, laz, teleporting uldy, yshari sanctum ... I just dont bother anymore with these idiots ubers, just buy the charms lol

And thats exactly what they want you to do, this uber is the kind that most builds needs to respec unfortunately.

yeah well, uldy is not too bad/hard, just boring because teleporting like an idiot

atanna khan is the one I never even tried to do because it's just anti-fun

I always do Atanna and Uldy, they are lots of fun to do, my problem is Viz Jun while using a build with no defensive skills and Gyuia is a little trouble as well.
ziigii
Vampiress
36 | 6
Here are my two biggest issues with this uber.
1st Gyua will spawn tornados and if I stand in them I get oneshot. If I pass trough its fine. The problem is that either the tornados are in the wrong possition due to some kind of visual bug or I am in the wrong possition due to desinc. In either case I would stand on those by accident and die instantly.
2nd is that Gyua would sometimes knock me back into 100 whisps and I would die instantly. Whether this is due to Gyua blinking on me or performing some kind of abillity I don't know, but it's quite random and in random direction. If I get knocked away from the whisps it is fine.
With the standard strategy of running around in circles and dpsing while avoiding the whisps these two events make the uber a pure luck draw. If you are lucky you kill it but it will take a long time before neither of these happenes.

I found a better way of dealing with this.
After Gyua pounces you should teleport and stand just at the edge of where you can se the boss nametag so that you don't get pounced again. Whisps will fallow you but you won't get pounced. After you pull all the whisps away, go back and dps the boss. Walk as little as possible and tank Gyua and whisps while you dps. When Gyua spawns too many whisps for you to tank, dissengage and repeat.
This strategy deals with both of the problems and I was able to kill Gyua pretty consistently this way while I didn't get a single kill using the standard strat in 20 tries.

Here is a vid of the kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ivd-yxTucA
At 1:50 you can see the visual bug of the tornados and how I die to it. Later you can see how this strategy works.

This boss is op for lvl 125 and should be reworked, but untill now I hope this helps.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Level 125
Difficulty: Very Hard
Seems fine to me, just gotta learn the mechanics, it's an easy fight after that.
ziigii
Vampiress
36 | 6
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Level 125
Seems fine to me, just gotta learn the mechanics, it's an easy fight after that.

Please tell me which boss mechanic did I miss here. And explain how is this not a bug?

https://youtu.be/3ivd-yxTucA?t=105
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ziigii wrote:

Please tell me which boss mechanic did I miss here. And explain how is this not a bug?

It is a big case of desync indeed. You can see giyua doing his pounce in the distance, but probably due to tantrum animations or lags (But since it never happened to me in this fight in particular I accuse tantrum) the visuals of his tornadoes spawned from his initial point instead of around you, but they still exist and do damage as they should, it's purely a visual bug. Both of your 2 big life drops are from being inside said tornadoes.
I've seen similar happening against Valthek or Samael, both does pounce attacks with effects right after, but the visual can lag behind when there's already many animations. Once you know it it's easy to play around that, but since giuya is also mostly invisible that's a tricky one...
ziigii
Vampiress
36 | 6
Lynderika wrote:
ziigii wrote:

It is a big case of desync indeed. You can see giyua doing his pounce in the distance, but probably due to tantrum animations or lags (But since it never happened to me in this fight in particular I accuse tantrum) the visuals of his tornadoes spawned from his initial point instead of around you, but they still exist and do damage as they should, it's purely a visual bug. Both of your 2 big life drops are from being inside said tornadoes.
I've seen similar happening against Valthek or Samael, both does pounce attacks with effects right after, but the visual can lag behind when there's already many animations. Once you know it it's easy to play around that, but since giuya is also mostly invisible that's a tricky one...

To me it looks like the Gyua tried to pounce but somehow failed since he stayed on his starting point and tornados spawned around me but visuals stayed around him.
Wierd bug and like I said earlier, if you run in circles and kite 100 whisps all the time, purify, dps and deal with mana draining mobs, you really have no time to watch over if the boss is going to bug out or not.