Discuss Median XL!
duysir0
Lava Lord
92 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Good. Ballanced as it should be. Their uber screw with my day. I screw with their forum :mrgreen:
lampogriz
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Agree with all your statements about Giyua.
imngocson
Acid Prince
48 | 2
I've read many discussions on forum but still couldn't find the best answer. What is the mechanic of Spirit of Giyua? Basically, I want to find the right way to kill it with casters.
+ Should I stay in the tornado or try to run as fast as I can?
+ Where did the nests come from? Depends on my summon or RNG?
+ What should I do with the little orange spirits?
juniperleafes
Sasquatch
62 | 1
imngocson wrote:I've read many discussions on forum but still couldn't find the best answer. What is the mechanic of Spirit of Giyua? Basically, I want to find the right way to kill it with casters.
+ Should I stay in the tornado or try to run as fast as I can?
+ Where did the nests come from? Depends on my summon or RNG?
+ What should I do with the little orange spirits?

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/dungeons has the boss strategies

They come from the boss, and can only be destroyed by the Purify skill from Duncraig ring

They are invincible, lure them away and avoid them
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
Well said. I agree. I tried this challenge as summon barb and just couldn't beat it.

Those souls remove all my mana so I can't cast Purify to kill those things that make the boss invicible and then I die. lol

Would have been nice to have that +1 all skills but fuck it. Not worth it, will just ruin your whol day.

I'll be waiting for a nice nerf of that boss =)
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
A very easy boss, playing the poison sorceress. First, clear the map of the remaining ghosts to stay alone with him on the spit of these indestructible orbs. Avoid standing in the circle of tornadoes like fire. If he leave this nest on the ground, use purify so that the boss is lethal again. Here are videos for all charms:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR_AN- ... nsg/videos

What is the chance to obtain a shard in order to assemble Natashe?
duysir0
Lava Lord
92 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hey guys, wow, kinda suprise that this post get more traction after awhile. But yeah, the matter speaks for itself...

Ok to clear the air a bit, the fight isn't in anyform Impossible or unbeatable. It's very doable as a matter of fact (if ur super over-leveled,overgeared and/or also not a melee lol), but the premise of the fight is dev/modder being sadistic assholes and I don't appreciate that.

Some more rants n afterthought lul. I'm still not over it:

► Show Spoiler

Dare I say I could totally design a troll boss that could be challenging but much more enjoyable and rewarding to players than this piece of sh*t.
Boban
Sasquatch
62 | 3
Yeah I love those responses: "VeRy EaSy FiGhT, JuSt PlAy PaLaDiN/sOmE oThEr Op ShIt". :wall:

Other than that, fully agree with OP. Fight is real cancer, without the timer it would be much more menageable and less frustrating in my opinion though. I play java this season, managed to kill him ONCE. And that took me like 30+ minutes, full of frustration and praying that I will not die due to some random bullshit. And I was lvl 135 with pretty good gear mind you. Good luck in hitting the invisible thing with enfilade, basically chipped it to death with split spear -_- (maybe Fairy Ring would actually work decently there, but I thought about it later haha)

About Purify being FoH style skill i cannot agree though. There are fights that depend heavily on it's current mechanics and it's not really toxic there. Take Atanna Khan for example, you have to aim Purify in small time window while avoiding her stuff. Or MCS, where you need to hit it only once but while managing ever-spawning mobs and atomic bomb drops. You still can miss, then the fight takes longer, but that is part of a challenge and it is fair in my opinion. The change would only hurt those encounters and make them absolutely trivial.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
giyua, laz, teleporting uldy, yshari sanctum ... I just dont bother anymore with these idiots ubers, just buy the charms lol
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
PizzaGater wrote:giyua, laz, teleporting uldy, yshari sanctum ... I just dont bother anymore with these idiots ubers, just buy the charms lol

And thats exactly what they want you to do, this uber is the kind that most builds needs to respec unfortunately.