duysir0
Lava Lord
92 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Caution: WoT, lots of anger and swearing. Not recommend to read before church
I'm gonna be honest: The person who designs the Giyua boss might just be the biggest asshole ever. Seriously, fuck you. This fight, for real, gave me cancer by just how all the toxic elements are masterfully crafted and combined together to fuck with someone's day. Old Bellial boss called and mourned his loss on the BS ranking. Here's all the red flags I've encountered during the fight and oh boy I'm sure not prepared for the anal fuckery.

The Guardian Spirits: (first red flag): aka soul-sucking sucker:
► Show Spoiler

The location and arena: the far away unformed land:
► Show Spoiler

The Totem: (second red flag): aka Buttcheek:
► Show Spoiler

The fiery orbs/lantern/little light bulbs:(3rd red flag): aka Im-here-to-ruin-your-rear:
► Show Spoiler

The boss: Giyua (4th red flag): Invisible shy man
► Show Spoiler

Time limit of 5 minutes: (5th red flag): The middle finger to suckers:
► Show Spoiler

=>It's just all the unnecessary micro management in such unfavorable terrain and a small time frame. And the fact that the whole fight revolves around wasting players' time, disabling players/character ability to deal damage or make any progress, gives me a really bad taste in my mouth. The intended mechanics are cool but the whole uber experience just went down the shitter because of the flawed, tilt-inducing, un?-intended design execution.
-Making hard boss is Easy, but making a challenging and fun boss is the shit.
-Median is good but this one particular boss fight leaves a shit stain on the whole experience. And don't tell me to just skip this boss, this game relies pretty fucking heavily on charms and how we min-maxing them u can't tell me otherwise.
-Sorry if this comes off so fking aggressive but holy fuck I feel like I need to get this one off, you know, to soothe the cyst that has been developing since I decided to try this boss.
Btw I'd kill to see a vid of someone with a level 130 non-caster amazon to pull this boss off (esp Javazon). YES Suckballance, do your fucking thing I challenge you.
-If ur one of those, "Trinity beam/Void star.... Paladin" that "melt this boss in 1-2 min, I'm sorry but we don't speak the same language.
Edited by duysir0 2 years.
paolo12
Cog
204 | 18
Edited by paolo12 2 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sees topic titled with "rant"
obligatorily writes useless comment without reading because "rant"

(i also dislike the fight but its still doable, not meant to be breezy)
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Our group also literally went crazy behind this boss, until I created a poison sorc. He's gone a fool by now
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Just go wear you SSSSSSSSUs and stack UMOs you have (i'm very sure you have everything BiS gear you need at lvl 125) , get all the charms,lvl 150 and this will be as easy as Butcher That's what i've clearly seen on precious utube videos XD
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
...can't wait till this guy gets to laz :pop:

duysir0 wrote:Btw I'd kill to see a vid of someone with a level 130 non-caster amazon to pull this boss off (esp Javazon)

That's the first character/build I ever attempted this boss on and I beat it 3rd try, no joke
r41714
Rust Claw
86 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I kind of followed your (and other's) comments to make my first Valthek kill. Always died in frustration in previous attempts.

Poison sorc is pretty consistent Giyua killer.

If you insist on killing Giyua with a zon, I recently killed Giyua with my level 135 ele bow zon. Pretty easy to wyrmshot all the way and use phalanx to kill Giyua and other spirits. Killing speed is very good. Need to try a few more times and see if she can make the kill consistently
duysir0
Lava Lord
92 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AzureGladiator wrote:...can't wait till this guy gets to laz :pop:

duysir0 wrote:Btw I'd kill to see a vid of someone with a level 130 non-caster amazon to pull this boss off (esp Javazon)

That's the first character/build I ever attempted this boss on and I beat it 3rd try, no joke

Try again.
If Laz Totem could spawn invulnerable, mana-draining groupies. While he pouncing on you just to immediately walks away through the wall. That's when u will be hearing from me. Heck I'd even enjoy some Culling of the herd with all that. Not unlike this Giyua fucker. Cheers :lol:
duysir0
Lava Lord
92 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
r41714 wrote:I kind of followed your (and other's) comments to make my first Valthek kill. Always died in frustration in previous attempts.

Poison sorc is pretty consistent Giyua killer.

If you insist on killing Giyua with a zon, I recently killed Giyua with my level 135 ele bow zon. Pretty easy to wyrmshot all the way and use phalanx to kill Giyua and other spirits. Killing speed is very good. Need to try a few more times and see if she can make the kill consistently

Yeah kinda messed up my point among frustration. Agree, caster and ranged char gonna dominate this boss. But this was my rant of being a melee char dealing with Giyua, how the uber is unfair to certain melee char without ranged skills. Still, this boss is definitely harder than what it is (a 125 uber). You gotta reach that 135 with maxed sig eaten and decent enough gear to comfortably deal with this boss. In comparison to other 125 ubers I'd stomp with like~200 sig eaten, TUs and crafted gears. Not to brag or sound stupid, but I've already did Uldys, The Void and Laz, then I decide this try this mfk one more time yet still got owned by the BS elements of the fight. I'm asking yall, how many of you willing to do this boss more than 1 or 2 times a Season? Is it FUN dealing with this boss or yall just have to bear the BS to get the charm upgrade and then never touch it again?
r41714
Rust Claw
86 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Don't know about other people but when I had poison sorc at level 130, I did Giyua prob 30 time, with about 90% success - that should be more than enough for all my chars in the season.

I tested my ele zon today, tried 5 times and killed the boss 2 times. With my first time success a few day's earlier, my success rate is at 50%. Two failures I got him to less than 5%. With practice I can do better.

I likely will not try him gain with bowzon since the frustration increases as the fight continues and it is getting more difficult as time passes. This is different from Valthek or Atanna Khan.

I am going to try laz some day this season but my expectation is pretty low :wink: