Jewelcrafting

Discuss Median XL!
lparker
Prowler
15 | 0
Hello Everyone,

I watched this video of this necro summoner player who crafted all of his jewels with +15% minion damage. But whenever I try to craft a jewel with the kur rune (+ minion damage) it only gives me +2 or 3 percent. Am I missing something?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
According to the Cube Recipes page, the Kur jewel craft adds 3-6 %. If your jewels are all coming out 2-3 then I believe the stat must have been reduced with the damage squish in 1.7 and wiki is outdated.

Also note that if your jewel is ilvl 48+ it can gain highest affix roll (Affixes)

Also,,,this should have been posted in Short Questions
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It can roll up to 14%

Kur craft: 3-6 dmg
Random Affix (suffix): 6-8
r41714
Rust Claw
86 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pretty sure this is nerfed to a lower number. I saw another thread mentioned the reduction. I crafted at least 30-40 jewels and 2-3% minion damage is about right.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
r41714 wrote:Pretty sure this is nerfed to a lower number. I saw another thread mentioned the reduction. I crafted at least 30-40 jewels and 2-3% minion damage is about right.

Nerfed is not the right word, it was changed. There is no nerf involved.
Taem
Necrobot
2473 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
lparker wrote:Hello Everyone,

I watched this video of this necro summoner player who crafted all of his jewels with +15% minion damage. But whenever I try to craft a jewel with the kur rune (+ minion damage) it only gives me +2 or 3 percent. Am I missing something?

Kur: 3-6% damage
Suffix: +(6 to 8)% to Summoned Minion Damage

You can get anywhere from 3% to 14% minion damage, but it will require many re-rolls! With my cold sorc, I kept re-rolling jewels until I got both Spell Factor and Spell Damage in the range I wanted. To keep it al ilvl 71+, I must have burned through a couple hundred jewels to get what I wanted, easily! And to get my crafted gloves with max -enemy cold resist (with other decent stats) from a Scared Shrine took such an ungodly amount of crafts, I cannot be certain, but it was also in the couple of hundred attempts. So, my advise to you is to keep trying.