This is ridiculous

Discuss Median XL!
lparker
Prowler
15 | 0
So I have been enjoying myself in median xl so far until I run in to the silver city and the boss the silver piercer. Do people think this is actually fun? I literally have max resistances really good gear, and its just impossible and its only on moderate difficulty, I was doing other moderate difficulty dungeons just fine, then this one came up and its just impossible. I have been at it for an hour now and I have lost all of my motivation to play the game anymore. It just completely broke the experience for me. If this is how this mod is going forward from the main game, it is very inconsistent and needs some more forgiveness or mercy. But the difficulty spike just went up from like a normal arpg to like dark souls, like do people literally find this kind of hair falling out stressful experience fun?
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lparker wrote:So I have been enjoying myself in median xl so far until I run in to the silver city and the boss the silver piercer. Do people think this is actually fun? I literally have max resistances really good gear, and its just impossible and its only on moderate difficulty, I was doing other moderate difficulty dungeons just fine, then this one came up and its just impossible. I have been at it for an hour now and I have lost all of my motivation to play the game anymore. It just completely broke the experience for me. If this is how this mod is going forward from the main game, it is very inconsistent and needs some more forgiveness or mercy. But the difficulty spike just went up from like a normal arpg to like dark souls, like do people literally find this kind of hair falling out stressful experience fun?

To answer your first question, yes the average person who plays MXL finds it fun. The fight you're referencing is pretty straightforward. Stack Light Res with Perfect Ambers (90 is max), and look for some absorb if you're really struggling with survivability. Most of us have had that experience when first playing through mid-end game content, where we think the game is bullshit/impossible and that our gear is really good and our res is maxed. I had a similar experience against Quov Tsin the first time. Playstyle and spec matter a lot against certain bosses. Chances are that you've still a ways to go, feel free to post your NotArmory if you'd like some pointers.
lparker
Prowler
15 | 0
Crosby4HyG wrote:To answer your first question, yes the average person who plays MXL finds it fun. The fight you're referencing is pretty straightforward. Stack Light Res with Perfect Ambers (90 is max), and look for some absorb if you're really struggling with survivability. Most of us have had that experience when first playing through mid-end game content, where we think the game is bullshit/impossible and that our gear is really good and our res is maxed. I had a similar experience against Quov Tsin the first time. Playstyle and spec matter a lot against certain bosses. Chances are that you've still a ways to go, feel free to post your NotArmory if you'd like some pointers.

Ok, thank you for your supportive response, as for resistances, I seam to be maxing out at %75. Do you know if there is a way to go past that amount?
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Learning process is the most important thing in médian... Its not having best equips and so on... Its learning every mechanic of this game and every uber has its own mechanic... You need gear check for every boss, strategy check for every boss and the most important... try a lot, cuz you r going to die a lot until you learn the mechanics, atack pallete and everything you gonna need to counter and defeat every boss...

Spending some time thinking about bosses and learning mechanics is very important in everything in life... Otherwise it would be like d3 where you complete everything in 2 days and stop playing XD
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lparker wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:To answer your first question, yes the average person who plays MXL finds it fun. The fight you're referencing is pretty straightforward. Stack Light Res with Perfect Ambers (90 is max), and look for some absorb if you're really struggling with survivability. Most of us have had that experience when first playing through mid-end game content, where we think the game is bullshit/impossible and that our gear is really good and our res is maxed. I had a similar experience against Quov Tsin the first time. Playstyle and spec matter a lot against certain bosses. Chances are that you've still a ways to go, feel free to post your NotArmory if you'd like some pointers.

Ok, thank you for your supportive response, as for resistances, I seam to be maxing out at %75. Do you know if there is a way to go past that amount?

One of the more elusive stats for most end-game builds is +Max resistances. Not many items have it, and most are tough to get. Perfect gems are a great option for any build struggling to survive, I still use them at lvl 145 for high labs and end-game bosses. You can reach 90 Max lightning res with Perfect Ambers in your armor (excluding shields). Same holds true for Perfect Onyx, Perfect Bloodstone and Perfect Turqouise for Cold, Fire and Poison res respectively.
Giu
Core Lord
385 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You mean the The veiled prophet uber ? just wait by the entrance until it stops firing, use summons to distract the nuns.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
lparker wrote:So I have been enjoying myself in median xl so far until I run in to the silver city and the boss the silver piercer. Do people think this is actually fun? I literally have max resistances really good gear, and its just impossible and its only on moderate difficulty, I was doing other moderate difficulty dungeons just fine, then this one came up and its just impossible. I have been at it for an hour now and I have lost all of my motivation to play the game anymore. It just completely broke the experience for me. If this is how this mod is going forward from the main game, it is very inconsistent and needs some more forgiveness or mercy. But the difficulty spike just went up from like a normal arpg to like dark souls, like do people literally find this kind of hair falling out stressful experience fun?

What type of toon are you playing? As a ranged cold sorc, I did not have any trouble, but maybe for melee, it's very difficult?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
If it is The Veiled Prophet you're having trouble with, you can also cheese the fight even without summons to tank as long as you have a teleport (Jitan's Gate will do,
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
Runeword Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
is shorter cooldown). Pull all the nuns to one side and then jump over the wall. The simulacra down there are a lot easier to tank, especially if you've got a handful of gems in your gear for a little bit of max resist. Then you can just stand in the corner and wait for the lightning beams to pause, hit the crystal ball for a few seconds, and then run back. May take few extra teleports to get it done but it's pretty easy like this.

Like most of the fights, it's all about learning the mechanics.
antonius
Azure Drake
165 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I spent 3/4 of experience in Median to die behind Kabraxis and Quov, then I realized that resi must be taken to the maximum for certain bosses and from there things have changed, or not, since in the red labs it is a delirium: ) good luck and don't be discouraged, ask for suggestions and everything can be done in this game, obviously without spending a single euro
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
I also don't understand the people who made these mods. So much to do. New rune words, new maps, and screw everything up.

1) You go on the map and all opponents are golems throwing axes at you. How can you come up with something like this? Necro summoner, 27,000 hp and I shit myself at every step. A few hits and I'm dead. The jungle mass casters do the same. Dodging missiles is it supposed to be an increase in the degree of difficulty? Maybe I should play some stupid barbarian to feel at ease? If so thank you, I always play magicians, despise barbarians.

2) Charms. The best part of this game. Take the charms and throw the ridiculous dungeon on this place. One is dumber than the other.

3) I still can play on the ladder. Magic find reduced three times to earn money from trading !!!

4) Get people to buy the original game like Forged Aliance Forever and your player base will shrink fourfold.

A game for two weeks like Grim Dawn, unless you play only a barbarian.