Best use of WYRD OSkill

Discuss Median XL!
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
WYRD is a weapon skill that deals 25% to all in a big radius, has a cooldown that can be reduced with soft skillpoints (+to all skills) Dont work on MORPH builds (deathlord, bear dudu, wearwolf, traprat...) as it counts as a ranged skill. To me its like a budget version of disco inferno OS. Has no weapon restrictions, so may be used potentialy on anybody. I know that it good work with javazon. What build may be used with it at best?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's WDM is impossibly low to make any use of it.. First thought is about spread poison but even 10k damage per second will get reduced to poor 2500. It hitting just 4 times per cast at max and its' cd can't be reduced below 0,2 sec. Any char tree AoE skill would be far alot better than this... worse-than-shit.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Scalewinged wrote:It's WDM is impossibly low to make any use of it.. First thought is about spread poison but even 10k damage per second will get reduced to poor 2500. It hitting just 4 times per cast at max and its' cd can't be reduced below 0,2 sec. Any char tree AoE skill would be far alot better than this... worse-than-shit.

Why poison damage would be reduced? I see no problem with a cooldown, its not a big deal. Since your cast time would coincide with a cooldown. I clear all 120 ubers with javazon without curare uberskill, it clears fast with few casts, and you dont need to stack many of it, mobs die fast enough. And its not bosskiller skill, alas.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bliyadolubov wrote:Why poison damage would be reduced? I see no problem with a cooldown, its not a big deal. Since your cast time would coincide with a cooldown. I clear all 120 ubers with javazon without curare uberskill, it clears fast with few casts, and you dont need to stack many of it, mobs die fast enough. And its not bosskiller skill, alas.

Because 25% weapon damage including ALL damage sources from weapon: phys, fire,cold,lightning,poison,magic - they're all will hit at just 25% effectiveness.

Not sure what kind of gear/charms/damage you had to clear 120s... but since souls in Dunc have around 30k hp - your default (100% WDM) damage must be more than 10k to deal somehow enough damage..
Edited by Scalewinged 2 years.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Scalewinged wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:Why poison damage would be reduced? I see no problem with a cooldown, its not a big deal. Since your cast time would coincide with a cooldown. I clear all 120 ubers with javazon without curare uberskill, it clears fast with few casts, and you dont need to stack many of it, mobs die fast enough. And its not bosskiller skill, alas.

Because 25% weapon damage including ALL damage sources from weapon: phys, fire,cold,lightning,poison,magic - they're all will hit at just 25% effectiveness

NO WAY?!!!! You want to say that flat elemental damage would be reduced by 75%?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:

Because 25% weapon damage including ALL damage sources from weapon: phys, fire,cold,lightning,poison,magic - they're all will hit at just 25% effectiveness

NO WAY?!!!! You want to say that flat elemental damage would be reduced by 75%?

Any damage will be reduced by 75% ye
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bliyadolubov wrote:WYRD is a weapon skill that deals 25% to all in a big radius, has a cooldown that can be reduced with soft skillpoints (+to all skills) Dont work on MORPH builds (deathlord, bear dudu, wearwolf, traprat...) as it counts as a ranged skill. To me its like a budget version of disco inferno OS. Has no weapon restrictions, so may be used potentialy on anybody. I know that it good work with javazon. What build may be used with it at best?

Astrogha's Moon
Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Darkling
Viper Skin
Angel of Death

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Poison Resist +75%

Set Bonus with complete set:
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+23 to Amatoxin
Slow Target 5%

and 2x Rare Ring with +Wyrd and psn dmg/res
-135% total enemy psn res
Max Curare
and snake stance javelin
and it still will be bad in my opinion - it may work in Dunc but thats it.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Back in the day when it was still available as an MO, it was mostly used to spread slow iirc. Now it's hard to justify using it even for that, because you need to get in on a rare ring, and the odds of getting a decent ring with +to wyrd are very low from my experience.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
"I 'member-berrie" when Wyrd actually was useful, especially for spreading poison and slow. Dmg removals and especially latest one along with mob hp just made it a useless skill. Well with Krys-gloves you can spread slow.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Judge