Some thoughts about MXL

Discuss Median XL!
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, guys. It is another complain topic :) Feel free to skip it.

I start playing some years ago, then quit -> return, play for some months and quit again.
I thought it because of
* i don't like constant screen shaking from some spells like Tremor
* my fingers hurt, because of need constantly hold left mouse btn in order to attack, also need to do 100500 clicks when you cube something...
* i don't like instakill bosses, i.e. QuovTsin kills me with projectiles that i don't even see. And all lategame content have instakill mechanic.

Now i see that sigma released, a lot of new content added and i again thinking about return to MXL, even the problems above is not solved. But now i think the main thing, that i don't like in MXL - it encouraged loneliness. Game difficulty increases for each person joining the game. So all lategame ubers is far easy to do alone, then in party. I remember hell Baal, - it is manageable for one good geared char, but if 6 chars in game, it is impossible for him.

So most interesting parts in game - levelling with some random guys, do party cowruns and trading. But again most of the time you are alone in multiplayer game :D. Thinking of it, i will better to play in Dota, where you always play with another 9 guys, than solo grinding in MXL.

Anyway, i don't know how, but the game should encourage people to play together, and not discourage them by increasing difficulty.
paolo12
Cog
203 | 18
1. Update to sigma 1.8 :D
2. Stop using
Chthon

Chthon
Necromancer Scythes

'UmSurMal'
Runeword Level: 75
13% Chance to cast level 10 Crucify on Kill
25% Chance to cast level 3 Tremor on Kill
50% Attack Speed
+(50 to 70) to Maximum Damage
+(250 to 400) to Attack Rating
+(101 to 125)% Enhanced Damage
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +75%
3% to All Attributes
Regenerate Mana +15%
Elemental Resists +10%
+(80 to 100) Life after each Kill
:mrgreen:
3. Switch attack to RMB.
4. Some bosses are annoying, especially to melee chars,
but learning fight mechanics and requirements can make it easier.
From what I can see Devs are working towards encouraging team based gameplay.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
I personaly think the game shoild be hard, for me its no hard anymore, some ubers are more annoying then hard, and i have no courage to repeat them. I just like to test new builds, some are just crazy, some are funny, i made a few new builds but no one knows. I like the idea of PVP but its unreal. I like chton RW
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
felixcatto wrote: also need to do 100500 clicks when you cube something...

You can ctrl+click on an item to move it into the cube, or out, and press c to transmute.
Zyin055
Fallen
1 | 0
I agree with the game encouraging you to play single player. I've only been playing for about a month with two other friends, but it is clear it is more viable to play solo rather than in a group. Not many group/aura buffs are available. Experience isn't an issue - boss charms are, and charm drops don't scale with the number of players in game (perhaps make X charms drop when X players are in the boss zone?). Boss mechanics are easier because they become predictable when solo. Devs really should do something to make this multiplayer game better in multiplayer, cause playing solo gets boring way quicker.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Zyin055 wrote:I agree with the game encouraging you to play single player. I've only been playing for about a month with two other friends, but it is clear it is more viable to play solo rather than in a group. Not many group/aura buffs are available. Experience isn't an issue - boss charms are, and charm drops don't scale with the number of players in game (perhaps make X charms drop when X players are in the boss zone?). Boss mechanics are easier because they become predictable when solo. Devs really should do something to make this multiplayer game better in multiplayer, cause playing solo gets boring way quicker.

I would say that with trading(and goblins in the current season specifically) it's easier to gear up in MP, but that's an assumption, not speaking from experience. Solo self found can be a pain in the ass, for example I always wanted to get a Celestial Barrier shield but never found one in SP despite playing Sigma since 1.0(on and off, not constantly, but still).
MY4SG4
Thunder Beetle
50 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi for me there should be crafting reciepies with lowest rolls/tier i always hated random loot in games with no other mechanic that guarantee Item. Its should take alot of effort but in final player is rewarded.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Frytas wrote:
Zyin055 wrote:I agree with the game encouraging you to play single player. I've only been playing for about a month with two other friends, but it is clear it is more viable to play solo rather than in a group. Not many group/aura buffs are available. Experience isn't an issue - boss charms are, and charm drops don't scale with the number of players in game (perhaps make X charms drop when X players are in the boss zone?). Boss mechanics are easier because they become predictable when solo. Devs really should do something to make this multiplayer game better in multiplayer, cause playing solo gets boring way quicker.

I would say that with trading(and goblins in the current season specifically) it's easier to gear up in MP, but that's an assumption, not speaking from experience. Solo self found can be a pain in the ass, for example I always wanted to get a Celestial Barrier shield but never found one in SP despite playing Sigma since 1.0(on and off, not constantly, but still).

Imho, while trading is indeed a multiplayer feature, it doesn't really reflect the multiplayer nature of the original game. Just having trades isn't real multiplayer. When you play with friends in the same game, that's multiplayer. While it is possible, it isn't encouraged for reasons stated by zyin055, which is why people prefer playing solo.

When I think back to cLoD, there were always games filled with 8 players, no matter where you were in the story progression. Or you could rush your friends if they weren't as far as you were, but playing together always was the center of the gameplay on the servers.

This however is at best true for early game in MXL, so until you hit your first ubers.

Which is why I really hope for some changes regarding that in 2.0. Then I can finally have the true multiplayer experience. But as it is right now, a SP with trading, well... I don't really like trading anyway, so I'd rather just play SP instead.