Is there any way to make skills transparent?

Discuss Median XL!
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
OMG,Because of the animation effect of divine judgment, I cannot see the trigger of death shards. What should I do?
Can the animation effect of divine judgment be made transparent?ImageImage :cry: :cry:
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
huangyunshy wrote:OMG,Because of the animation effect of divine judgment, I cannot see the trigger of death shards. What should I do?
Can the animation effect of divine judgment be made transparent?ImageImage :cry: :cry:

Divine judgement definetely needs visual change coz its bad against samael phoboss anomaly and deimoss basically all endgame bosses +it sucks against teleport bosses
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
morphed wrote:Divine judgement definetely needs visual change coz its bad against samael phoboss anomaly and deimoss basically all endgame bosses +it sucks against teleport bosses

Well, the last point doesn't have to do much with the visuals.

There are multiple skills that make ground effects invisible. What I usually do when I use them is attack only for a short time (like 1-2 seconds, depending on the time needed for the skill to come crashing down on you) and then run away, look if there's any ground effect and then attack again if everything is clear. That should work as a "soft fix" for now but honestly speaking, it's not very efficient. But it should be safer at least.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:
morphed wrote:Divine judgement definetely needs visual change coz its bad against samael phoboss anomaly and deimoss basically all endgame bosses +it sucks against teleport bosses

There are multiple skills that make ground effects invisible. What I usually do when I use them is attack only for a short time (like 1-2 seconds, depending on the time needed for the skill to come crashing down on you) and then run away, look if there's any ground effect and then attack again if everything is clear. That should work as a "soft fix" for now but honestly speaking, it's not very efficient. But it should be safer at least.

Well if the boss teleport there are still skill visuals remaining and you run through it automatically coz you have auto attack on the boss, for example in samael chamber there could be a bomb or deathstrike in the spot you kept attacking for 1-2 secs and you go in coz you cant see, i wasn’t refering that the skill itself sucks as in damage but the visuals.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
morphed wrote:Well if the boss teleport there are still skill visuals remaining and you run through it automatically coz you have auto attack on the boss, for example in samael chamber there could be a bomb or deathstrike in the spot you kept attacking for 1-2 secs and you go in coz you cant see, i wasn’t refering that the skill itself sucks as in damage but the visuals.

Just for clarification: You are talking about hitting a boss, then he teleports away, and the visuals spawn on the new location where the boss teleported to. So you can't see whether there is a deathstrike or bomb because the visuals get in the way. Is that what you meant?

Wouldn't it suffice to wait until the animation disappears again before heading for the next attack?
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:
morphed wrote:Well if the boss teleport there are still skill visuals remaining and you run through it automatically coz you have auto attack on the boss, for example in samael chamber there could be a bomb or deathstrike in the spot you kept attacking for 1-2 secs and you go in coz you cant see, i wasn’t refering that the skill itself sucks as in damage but the visuals.

Just for clarification: You are talking about hitting a boss, then he teleports away, and the visuals spawn on the new location where the boss teleported to. So you can't see whether there is a deathstrike or bomb because the visuals get in the way. Is that what you meant?

Wouldn't it suffice to wait until the animation disappears again before heading for the next attack?

1. Yeah , that’s what i’m saying , the thing is you loose a lot of damage if you wait for the visuals to disappear everytime since there’s a timer for the ubers , against sam more time means more worms and bigger chances to fail , especially as a melee char when there are few worms spawned it’s much harder to survive rather than a caster . 2. Sure that’s how you have to play it to be safe but it makes the fight so much harder cause you cant attack continuosly because bad skill mechanic .
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
morphed wrote:1. Yeah , that’s what i’m saying , the thing is you loose a lot of damage if you wait for the visuals to disappear everytime since there’s a timer for the ubers , against sam more time means more worms and bigger chances to fail , especially as a melee char when there are few worms spawned it’s much harder to survive rather than a caster . 2. Sure that’s how you have to play it to be safe but it makes the fight so much harder cause you cant attack continuosly because bad skill mechanic .

Alright I see where you're coming from. You have my support.
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
morphed wrote:
huangyunshy wrote:OMG,Because of the animation effect of divine judgment, I cannot see the trigger of death shards. What should I do?

Divine judgement definetely needs visual change coz its bad against samael phoboss anomaly and deimoss basically all endgame bosses +it sucks against teleport bosses

Yes, it really needs to be changed. Melee Paladins have no achievement.

ParticuLarry wrote:

I am doing this now, which leads to my inefficiency. :(