dex werewolf early game weapon

Discuss Median XL!
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
I've just reached Hell difficulty, so I can use TU, non-Xis RWs, crafts and honorifics. What's best option for me right now and what soket fiilers I should choose for weapon?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Start with an honorific sacred crystal sword. Attack speed, life on attack, innate elemental damage. Fill sockets with at least 55 IAS for 4 FPA.
You can try and roll a craft but you have to hit a lot of affixes to actually get a better result than the honorific.

Advice pulled from MetalMusicMan's guide, which is up-to-date for this patch
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
Siosilvar wrote:Start with an honorific sacred crystal sword. Attack speed, life on attack, innate elemental damage. Fill sockets with at least 55 IAS for 4 FPA.
You can try and roll a craft but you have to hit a lot of affixes to actually get a better result than the honorific.

Advice pulled from MetalMusicMan's guide, which is up-to-date for this patch

I'm currently running with honorific crystal sword, but I forgot about life on attack and MOed it with innate elemental damage, attack speed and crushing blow. Is it even worth to MO crystal sword with CB or EWD?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
EWD does nothing on an ele weapon

CB doesn't work on bosses but you might kill cold absorb mobs a little faster so idk
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
Siosilvar wrote:EWD does nothing on an ele weapon

CB doesn't work on bosses but you might kill cold absorb mobs a little faster so idk

Damn! In erlier versions CB worked on bosses with some penalties, so now it should be the last option. Is it possible to reroll honorific item to MO it properly or I need another sacred crystal sword?
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PodolskyV wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:EWD does nothing on an ele weapon

Damn! In erlier versions CB worked on bosses with some penalties, so now it should be the last option. Is it possible to reroll honorific item to MO it properly or I need another sacred crystal sword?

Ye, just use oil of renewal, then oil of enchancement - it will make base a magic item. Then you use mark on infusion on it :> remember to use oil of disjunction to remove socketed runes/jewels first!
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Don't play wolf druid for a long time, but in old times people use
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster

If for some reason you want to use crystal sword, don't forget that tier1-tier4 don't have innate elemental damage. Only sacred crystal sword benefits from innate elemental damage MO.
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
Sprow wrote:Don't play wolf druid for a long time, but in old times people use
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%

If for some reason you want to use crystal sword, don't forget that tier1-tier4 don't have innate elemental damage. Only sacred crystal sword benefits from innate elemental damage MO.

Void RW would be good only with phys weapon because ED works only with phys damage. I think only ElXis
Dawn
Dawn
Weapons

'Zol'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Chance to cast level 32 Celerity on Kill
45% Hit Recovery
(301 to 500)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
75% to Strength
75% to Dexterity
35% to Vitality
75% to Energy
+80 to Mana
60% Gold Find
+(2 to 4) to Light Radius
RW would be better than honorific because with it I can dump a lot more stat points into dex and get another 75% dex, but XIs is definitely not early game. I'm currently farming sigs in Torajian jungles and dying alot, so wil get Xis much later.
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PodolskyV wrote:
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%

Void RW would be good only with phys weapon because ED works only with phys damage. I think only ElXis
Dawn
Dawn
Weapons

'Zol'
45% Hit Recovery
75% to Strength
75% to Dexterity
35% to Vitality
75% to Energy
+80 to Mana
60% Gold Find
RW would be better than honorific because with it I can dump a lot more stat points into dex and get another 75% dex, but XIs is definitely not early game. I'm currently farming sigs in Torajian jungles and dying alot, so wil get Xis much later.

What is problem in physical dmg sword?
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
Sprow wrote:
PodolskyV wrote:
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%

Dawn
Dawn
Weapons

'Zol'
45% Hit Recovery
75% to Strength
75% to Dexterity
35% to Vitality
75% to Energy
+80 to Mana
60% Gold Find

What is problem in physical dmg sword?

There is only one sword with dexterity scaling, and it's sacred crystal sword with no phys damage at all, but with cold damage, based on dexterity instead.