Tips against hell Baal

Discuss Median XL!
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So, I am l132 fire/cold sorc and i simply cant get pass hell Baal.
I can down him to about ~33% health and then he just overwhelms me with like millions of his Boss summons. I can tank for like 10-15s, then i have to run away and recast minions.
My two dps skills are frigid sphere and 1 Point in abyss. Tool tip DPS in sphere is ~5.5k. abyss is not so reliable, as baal constantly moves. Also i have -154% pierce.
My dfensive stats are 13.8k life, 350k defence, 50% phys res, 90%cold res, in between 80-83% fire, lightning and poison res.
I use act2 shapeshifter merc, build to tank, he has miasma weapon and slow krys glows, also Attack speed with 150%.
So far I've done all other l120 übers, also Toraja, fauztinville, xaxas and belial. The most Important Charms are already cubed with trophys.
So all in all I think my stats are OK for hin, maybe i Just need to git gud ;-|
Also i still have 14 Slots for my Umbaru Treasury and corrupted wormhole. And i have thought, maybe i should just farm fauztinville till 140 and then try again. Are 8 Level at this point a big difference? What other strats are there for Baal?
paolo12
Cog
203 | 18
Ball has a chance to summon helpers on hit, so don't use summons and keep your distance from him to not get hit. If he spawns something - lure it away from boss and kill.
etmoi2
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dont bring a merc or summons . Baal will spawn more shits of his own. I dont really know why though the fight is smoother without summons.
The rest seems ok, max res and at least 150 pierce (170 would be optimal).
for skill i guess that frigid would be better indeed because landing abyss on a moving target is kinda shity and boring unless your are good at it as abyss is stronger ( i wasnt)
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
if u do enough dmg as fire sorc with good gear .. summon 1, ONE, minions and spam him down... if he does spawn himself in that time some summon go away kill them ... so y no summon if u dmg / gear isnt so high .. otherwise u can use summons here ;-)
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I has the exact same issue you are having!! It's your elemental pierce! Every point of pierce adds a tremendous amount of damage! Get to 170 or you will struggle. it was crazy, but I was really really getting frustrated by hell Baal and got help on realms to beat him, but I wanted to farm him. I had spent a few days crafting a perfect pair of gloves with -25% enemy pierce and cold damage and once I did that, Baal became my bitch! I had no idea the difference from 140 to 170 pierce is absolutely ridiculous!!!
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
U can double shrine gloves with breath of thaumaturgy...
max pierce base = -15
shrine (fasc) = -20
2x bless = -30 (if lucky)
4 rha = -12
-42 on gloves...
with seal of absolutionx2 u can even do 1 more thaumaturgy for 3x bless...
just get a -20 base with fascinating... any1...
gloves should be lvl 90 base... 2xbreath = +50 = 140, 2xseals = 130... mind strength req will raise too...
if not u can go with trinity(stats)/eerie(energy)...
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
OK, i'll try craft Gloves with sacred shrines first. Right now, best 've got are -27% already blessed and with 4 Thai runes. Need to farm more shrines.

marco311 wrote:U can double shrine gloves with breath of thaumaturgy...
max pierce base = -15
shrine (fasc) = -20
2x bless = -30 (if lucky)
4 rha = -12
-42 on gloves...
with seal of absolutionx2 u can even do 1 more thaumaturgy for 3x bless...
just get a -20 base with fascinating... any1...
gloves should be lvl 90 base... 2xbreath = +50 = 140, 2xseals = 130... mind strength req will raise too...
if not u can go with trinity(stats)/eerie(energy)...

i am doing cold damage, but the tip should apply too. Thx
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
I notice u lack a helm enchant,
Hellfire aura helm enchant is exactly:
+3 max fire res,
-13 all (not just fire) enemy resistances (poison included).
I dunno why ppl just don't post exact numbers but if d2stats tooltip are correct those are the real values...
U might consider this scroll before starting burning fascinating... even cos u have no real alternatives as cold in that slot unless u really like recasting Churel every 20s instead of 15s...
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Where can I get the helm enchantment?
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
hugh4nthide wrote:Where can I get the helm enchantment?

Go psn sorc with miasma. Baal will ger slow as f.. easy kill