Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Hello guys, I've been writing down my ideas for a long time.. but it was time I finished them. They are not connected with 2.0 and I have no idea what exciting changes are yet to come in this new version and if some of my points will be addressed or not. Of course, huge thanks to the mod team for keeping us median nerds entertained. In short I'll present you ideas about new challenges, mechanics and bosses in order to extend the end-game of median. Some inspirations are from an old thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47638, but I adapted the ideas to become more thematic. I also bring some old median concepts back to life. I know it's a lot of text and some ideas might be difficult to implement, and by no means do I claim that some of my boss ideas are good/finished, but they might be a good starting point. I hope you enjoy it and borrow some ideas :)

TL;DR
Book of Summoning: consumes charm and gives scroll portal to Hardmode boss (next tier of difficulty for existing bosses) with chance to drop whole trophy and Hardmode fragments. Thus you can farm normal boss for fragments, or invest charms to open instant portal in each game and fight harder boss for trophy.

Hardmode charm: I've thought how to make such a charm usable for farming, boss killing and also making it a requirement for special rifts (by simulating a time+death limit in the rift). Upgrades for this charm available after defeating hard end-game bosses and completing the 6 Trials (located in mystic rifts) associated with the secret emblems.

Mystic riftstone: opens special rifts themed for A1/A2/A3/A5, thus reusing cool areas like Arcane Sanctuary and Throne of Destruction. Accessible by killing mini-bosses in dimensional labs that are associated with the act. Hardmode charm is required.

Realm event rift: collect Complete Star Chart (fragments from end-bosses in mystic rifts) and Dimensional Key. Activate this to open rift portal for everybody on realm, encouraging people to trade invididual fragments. Hardmode Charm is required.

Hardmode Charm
► Show Spoiler

Dimensional Labyrinth Suggestions
► Show Spoiler
Additional ideas
► Show Spoiler
Edited by Marrt 2 years.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I haven't had time to read everything in its entirety but I can tell there's been a lot of thought and creativity put into this. Looks like some really fun concepts +1
ckinverse
Thunder Beetle
53 | 3
the old d2 game frame cant handle this
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
ckinverse wrote:the old d2 game frame cant handle this

What do you refer to
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Appreciate the shout out!
turbo power
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Very good sugestions ;)
chibichobi
Prowler
19 | 0
ok
Darkstorn
Rust Claw
87 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ILoseControl wrote:

Endgame Ideas

Hello guys, I've been writing down my ideas for a long time.. but it was time I finished them. They are not connected with 2.0 and I have no idea what exciting changes are yet to come in this new version and if some of my points will be addressed or not. Of course, huge thanks to the mod team for keeping us median nerds entertained. In short I'll present you ideas about new challenges, mechanics and bosses in order to extend the end-game of median. Some inspirations are from an old thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47638, but I adapted the ideas to become more thematic. I also bring some old median concepts back to life. I know it's a lot of text and some ideas might be difficult to implement, and by no means do I claim that some of my boss ideas are good/finished, but they might be a good starting point. I hope you enjoy it and borrow some ideas :)

TL;DR
Book of Summoning: consumes charm and gives scroll portal to Hardmode boss (next tier of difficulty for existing bosses) with chance to drop whole trophy and Hardmode fragments

Hardmode charm: I've thought how to make such a charm usable for farming, boss killing and also making it a requirement for special rifts. Variety of upgrades for this charm possible by completing hard end-game challenges.

Mystic riftstone: opens special rifts themed for A1/A2/A3/A5, thus reusing cool areas like Arcane Sanctuary and Throne of Destruction. Accessible by killing mini-bosses in dimensional labs that are associated with the act. Hardmode charm is required.

Realm event rift: collect Complete Star Chart (fragments from end-bosses in mystic rifts) and Dimensional Key. Activate this to open rift portal for everybody on realm (maybe on death of unique enemy spawned?). Hardmode Charm is required.

Hardmode Charm
► Show Spoiler

Dimensional Labyrinth Suggestions
► Show Spoiler

Additional ideas
► Show Spoiler

Hardomode charm used to be implemented lastly in MXL: Ultimative and was removed due to fact, no one wanted to use it at all( except no-life players aiming to be more cool that documentation provided) .

Rifs will became d3 rift due to fact currently more d3/ d2lod players play mxl than old stagers of mxl. I belive it doesn't require any actions.

I don't get your endgame uber-bosses content - have you playied too much old-fashioned mods to d2lod? It seems so, Tyrael called *Lord of Lies* used to be one of uberbosses afaik ;) and iirc - there already exist one *Lord of Lies* in MXL ;)

mb my turn . . . :cheers:
- remove all procs from items in purpose of avoiding more lags in game! :cheers:
- remove shrine crafting - it's too complicated for newbies within years, and anyway everyone's aiming to gain SUs :cheers:
- remove magical items - they are useless :cheers:
- remove all high runes - bring back Zod uniqueness :cheers:
- remove gamble :cheers:
- bring back hammerdin :cheers:
- bring back enchant-sorc :cheers:
- bring back assassin d2lod traps :cheers:
- bring back druid woolves, bear and spirits :cheers:
do you like it?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Darkstorn wrote:mb my turn . . . :cheers:
- remove magical items - they are useless :cheers:
- remove all high runes - bring back Zod uniqueness :cheers:
- bring back hammerdin :cheers:
- bring back enchant-sorc :cheers:
- bring back assassin d2lod traps :cheers:
- bring back druid woolves, bear and spirits :cheers:
do you like it?

I've heard of a game like this. it's called Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction. I recommend you try that one out
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Darkstorn wrote:I don't get your endgame uber-bosses content - have you playied too much old-fashioned mods to d2lod? It seems so, Tyrael called *Lord of Lies* used to be one of uberbosses afaik ;) and iirc - there already exist one *Lord of Lies* in MXL ;)

I've played mxl for the most part and have not tried out other mods. It's written "Lord of Lies" is Belial in the description btw.